Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

anyone think this is a good idea?

I love to cook almost as much as I like to eat and I like to try new things from all different areas.I was wondering if maybe haveing a recipe post where everyone here can post things they like to make it might be fun to enjoy some things that a fellow sim brother or sister is enjoying on the other side of the globe.Maybe if there is enough interset we could sticky the thread and at the end of the year make a combatace cookbook or something.

maybe we could get Zur to dress up like Paula Deen?

And Dave can put all the newbies into a version of Hells Kitchen...only not as warm and cozy.

Edited by whiteknight06604

I like the idea, ill get the ball rolling

The perfect chicken burger:

A seeded bun with one grilled chicken breast that has been flattened, 2 pieces of smoked bacon each side of the chicken, and to wrap it up smoother it in BBQ sauce. I kid you not, this will be the best burger you have ever tasted.

1. Flatten the chicken using a kitchen hammer, don't know what they are called. Make it as flat as you want

2. Put garlic salt, salt pepper and a little bit of Cajun spicing on the chicken to give it some taste.

3. Put the chicken on a hotplate on a bbq and cooked until fully cooked. DO NOT OVER COOK!. A grill pan on a stove would be good also.

4. Fry up 4 pieces of smoked bacon.

5. Place two rashes of bacon, then the chicken, and then the other two rashes into a seeded bun.

6. Smother it in BBQ sauce, or whatever sauce you want. BBQ is my favourite.

7. If you like salad, suppose you could put that on too.

8. Enjoy

maybe we could get Zur to dress up like Paula Deen?

And Dave can put all the newbies into a version of Hells Kitchen...only not as warm and cozy.

I didn't mean that to be insultive. I dig new Chow......But that Zur comment, I just lost My appotite.....LOL

Dave and the Newbie's........ROFLMAO!

Edited by 331Killerbee

No salad for me, i don't do rabbit food! Meat all the way! Well, apart form cucumber, that's alright i suppose, but i like it on its own with a bit of sweet chilli sauce

KillerBee's 7 Layer Dip

8x8 Pan

Layers

1- 16oz Refried Beans

2- 16oz Sour Cream

3- 16oz Salsa

4- Chopped Onion

5- Sliced Black Olives

6- Shredded Yellow Cheese

7- Shredded White Cheese

Add another Layer of Sauteed Ground Beef or Refried Beans.

Bake at 350 till hot and Cheese melts.

:good:

Honey and soy pork or chicken:

Ingredients:

Diced pork or chicken

Honey

Soy sauce

Egg noodles

1. Put alot of soy sauce in a bowl and add some honey then mix it together in a bowl.

1. Marinate small pieces of pork or chicken in the bowl. Leave for 1 hour in the fridge.

2. Get out after one hour and pour the pork or chicken and the marinade sauce in a frying pan and fry until cooked.

3. Put the egg noodles in just before the pork is fully cooked and put a little bit more soy sauce in to give the noodles a kick.

4. Cook noodles and pork together until ready.

5. Enjoy!

Guest 531_Ghost

I make a pretty mean potato salad. We could also have, Regional BBQs. :ok:

Rambler's DG (Damned Good) cookies

2 cups packed brown sugar

2 cups butter/margarine (softened)

2 teaspoons vanilla

4 eggs

4 cups flour

2/3 (that's "two-thirds", NOT "two or three") cups cocoa

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 (one half) teaspoon salt (DON'T FORGET IT!)

3 cups (if you dare) chocolate chips/chunks

1 cup mini marshmallows OR nuts OR more chocolate chips OR anything else you think would be good and that you might happen to have handy in your pantry OR any combination of the aforementioned.

Heat oven to 325 degrees (Fahrenheit. I'm not THAT Canadian). Beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs in (very) large bowl at medium speed untill creamy. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt (DO NOT FORGET BAKING SODA AND SALT). Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows/nuts/miscellaneous stuff.

Place dough in 1/4 (one quarter) cup-sized(ish) blobs about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. (you can make cookies bigger or smaller depending on your tastes, but then watch them in the oven so you don't overbake them.)

Bake 13 to 16 minutes, untill cookies appear dry. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let cool 1 minute, then remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack (I find that a coutertop covered with a couple paper towels works well).

Makes about 40-50 cookes. I suggest you half the recepie if you have small kitchen equipment or not enough people to eat 40-50 sizeable chocolate cookies. Also, these things are NOT HEALTHY AT ALL. Enjoy!

I love to cook almost as much as I like to eat and I like to try new things from all different areas.

Want a little taste of French Canada? It's called poutine and it's our national dish (no joke). The simplest thing in the world to make and oh so goood.

1. Mix French fries and cheese curds (farmer cheese or "squeaky cheese").

2. Pour beef gravy over top and wait until the cheese begins to melt.

3. Then dig in.

poutine.jpg

Want a little taste of French Canada? It's called poutine and it's our national dish (no joke). The simplest thing in the world to make and oh so goood.

1. Mix French fries and cheese curds (farmer cheese or "squeaky cheese").

2. Pour beef gravy over top and wait until the cheese begins to melt.

3. Then dig in.

poutine.jpg

"Want a little taste of French Canada"

Just to let you know my last name is Ouellette :wink:

Ah, then you know all about that fine sophisticated gourmet dish that is the poutine!

Guest 531_Ghost

Ghost's Potato Salad:

5 lb red potatos

10 hardboiled eggs

2 cans black olives

1 lb bacon

1/2 Bermuda (purple) onion

2 stalks celery

16 oz sour cream

12 oz mayo

season salt

Wash and cut potatos into bite size pieces. Peel, or not, your choice. I don't. Place into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool. While potatoes are cooking/cooling prepare the bacon, onions, celery, onion, and eggs.

Dice onion, and celery. Cut in halves, the olives. Hardboil the 10 eggs, cool, peel and cut into small pieces. Fry or bake the bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, drain and let cool. Crumble bacon and mix in a LARGE mixing bowl with the onion, celery, olives and eggs.

Check the potatos. Cool? Mix them in slowly with the other stuff in the LARGE mixing bowl. As you mix the stuff together, add sour cream and mayo. Add season salt to taste.

YUMMY!

Ah, then you know all about that fine sophisticated gourmet dish that is the poutine!
I have herd of it but never had it.I'll be making it tomorrow for sure.