Hello have a question to make to all the modellers

Wend you are making a fuselage do you do the air intake on the fuselage or do you model it separately and then import it?

Thanks in advance for the help

Cocas

From what I know, it depends on how it blends into the fuselage. More often than not though they are made separately.

Dave is correct, it depends on many factors, how they blend, the complexity of the shape... your skills...

There's not a correct answer, I usually start modeling the basic shape from the fuselage and then I detach it. Mostly for detailing and texturing purposes.

Can you show what you're referring to?

I usually extrude the intake from the fuselage and then add detail by inserting new edgeloops so that my mesh conforms and I don't get a lot of triangles.

thanks for all the help my skills are poor its my frist project in 3dmax

im working on the Hal Marut tomorow morning gmt time i whill post a 3-view of the aircraft

again thanks

here are the 3-views

thanks for the help

Edited by cocas

hello again

Can any one please tell me what are this shadows on my model :shok:

One Marut is avaible on capuns site so far I know, about the intakes, I would create them out of the fuselage, cut out some polys in the right area and extrude the edges so you can create the intakes

here are the 3-views

thanks for the help

There are two possible causes for the shadows on your model:

1) You need to apply a smoothing group to your polys - this usually makes shadows go away.

2) The polys change angle too abruptly. See the angles of the red polys shown below. There is a shadow on the side of the engine because the polys change angle quickly. There is no shadow on the wing polys because they change angle slowly.

MantaPolys.jpg

There are two possible causes for the shadows on your model:

1) You need to apply a smoothing group to your polys - this usually makes shadows go away.

2) The polys change angle too abruptly. See the angles of the red polys shown below. There is a shadow on the side of the engine because the polys change angle quickly. There is no shadow on the wing polys because they change angle slowly.

do i need to smooth poly by poly? how do i smooth a group just select them try but dint much diference try auto smooth well take a look

Edited by cocas

Select the object, than modifier list as seen on this screen shot.. and search for smooth... I would use it to take a look how it will be when it`S done, I always deleted the smoothed entry and modeled further and than again just to take a look

Select the object, than modifier list as seen on this screen shot.. and search for smooth... I would use it to take a look how it will be when it`S done, I always deleted the smoothed entry and modeled further and than again just to take a look

well i aplided smooth and got pic2 think of try a diferent aprox.

under the parameter click on the empty box ...for autosmooth you don`t need to set the numbers at the beginning. I would suggest deleting all smooth entries, cause when you extrude edges, ther will be no smooth effevts on the new extrude surfaces...