Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barnstorm

WWI Aviation Moive on Sunday morning

Guest Barnstorm

Get your popcorn and chips or crips ready and brews on ice. At least set your DVR or TiVo, like I will (try to) :shok: .

This Sunday morning at 06:15m (EDT), that's 1115 GMT (I think, we are -5:00 GMT), on Turner Classic Movies, "The Dawn Patrol" (1938) with Erol Flynn. I know it is not the best WWI flier movie, but it is one of the first, and is considered a "classic" in its own right. Take notes, there will be a quiz Monday morning. :crazy:

Guest Barnstorm
Unfortunately, I don't have TCM. :sad:

CJ

If you want, PM me your address and I will send you a DVD of it.

I own a copy of that movie myself and I have watched it SOOOO many times, but it never gets old. Great stuff! TKS for the heads-up Barnstorm.

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks Barnstorm. I'll be there. Well, here at my house...actually.

-Rooster

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be taping it as I need a good copy. I wish they would show the Captain Eddie movie with Fred McMurray sometime soon.

Dawn Patrol is a classic, I just finished seeing my DVD a few weeks ago.

Rickity I actually never saw the Captain Eddie movie because I heard it had only about 2 mintues of aerial combat! Is that true?

I own a copy of that movie myself and I have watched it SOOOO many times, but it never gets old. Lou

Yeah, it's a dirty job...but somebody's got to do it. :rofl:

MK2, I don't recall very much about the movie or how much flying there is in it. I saw it when I was maybe 6 years old one time. I can't honestly say it is good or bad or represents the man acurately or not. But I want to see it again. It's out there but I can't seem to find it. Captain Eddie, you know it's hollywood so there's got to be a dame in there.

Dawn Patrol is a classic, I just finished seeing my DVD a few weeks ago.

Rickity I actually never saw the Captain Eddie movie because I heard it had only about 2 mintues of aerial combat! Is that true?

Probably, but it does deal a lot with the other, morale aspects of combat flying like 12 o'clock high.

Thanks for the headsup Barnstorm I got up early and taped it. :clapping: I'll get it onto DVD ASAP.

Tony