Sign in to follow this  
squid

Similarities With Sfp1 ?

The screenshots remind me in a way the looks of SFP1 ? (enviroment-graphics engine? i dont know)

in what way similar?

we'd be offended :P if you thought the landscape part was like SFP1 - SFP1 has very nice aircraft objects though.

we'd be offended :P

who is (or are :huh: ) "we"?

I programmed the engine so far. Proud I am of the landscape, slightly better than IL2 in some respects (if I do, oh so humbly say so myself ;-) ) - i dont rate SFP1's lanscape engine, but their aircraft rendering is really rather exceptional.

I bought that game - it is fun.

Proud I am of the landscape, slightly better than IL2 in some respects

Oh dear Steve, please don't even start with this talk about other flight simulators as you did in the past. I advise you to avoid mentionating sim titles as well...

Edited by Dante-JT

this begs the question will terrains be able to be added?and theres been alot of add-on terrains for SFP1 that also are better than that other sim,IMHO,the modding community has taken SF to a level that graphically is a notch above alot of sims and the add-on aircraft are great..will your sim be modable like this also? and will there be an assortment of mission types?

Yes, it will be fully moddable. We're taking care of the terrain generation part right now, soon we will have the formula to generate any terrain we wish, based on actual SRTM data available on the web. A compreensive tutorial will be available for modders when the game is near to be released.

Thanks sounds lik eyall are doing a bang up job.looking forward to seeing it or trying the demo if you have one..oh yeah what are your target system specs?

oh yeah what are your target system specs?

At the moment, there are two terrain systems. One is up and running, it's nice but doesn't allow for the full operations theater or even just the islands in a faithful recreation, and the other, newer, using ROAM algorithm and SRTM data, is very promising and features a stunning performance. But it's too soon to predict what system specs it will run - remember, we plan to throw in a dynamic campaign system, and these systems are heavy, so we will try to optimise the base engine the best we can before throwing the campaign system in.

the system that is up and running can actually handle the whole world - it loads up segments - we think the ROAM version will be better for FPS, horizon distance, etc.

I programmed the engine so far. Proud I am of the landscape, slightly better than IL2 in some respects (if I do, oh so humbly say so myself ;-) ) - i dont rate SFP1's lanscape engine, but their aircraft rendering is really rather exceptional.

I bought that game - it is fun.

i FULLY support your project ! B) . Indeed plane render is nice in SFP1 apart from the shadows casting which is realy bugy and a fps killer. Land i dont mind too with an exception for the sea. What i like though about SFP1 is that i can have everything enabled and set to high and still play smoothly with my average to low side pc. (Athlon XP1700+, 1Gb PC133 RAM, GF3 64MB)

I would advise as a simmer to pay attention to the lessons of LOMAC (and FS2002-04 where framerate and playability has been improved from 02 to 04 (!) ... ) which is unplayable in its almost full glorious graphics potential for an average pc

i can have everything enabled and set to high and still play smoothly with my average to low side pc. (Athlon XP1700+, 1Gb PC133 RAM, GF3 64MB)

You have a computer spec very similar to mine, and I'm able to run the current Jet Thunder pre-alphas very smoothly in it. B)

my new system is AMD 3000xp +,512 megs PC2700,FX 5700 ultra 120 gig 7200 rpm HD .I'm getting 60+ FPS with SFP1 running maxed with shadows and mirrors on...finally got a system that can run games!!Thanks to my wife. ;)

The more I hear the more excited I get about the prospects of this one... ;)