I get this error

post-44063-1238641095_thumb.jpg

Followed by this

post-44063-1238641216_thumb.jpg

2nd install

1. OFF Installed H:\OBDSoftware

2. No CFS3 installed just used it for installing required files

Same errors as above

Now i bought this on the premise that it was Vista 64 compatible and that i have the CFS3 DVD (Ubisoft version DVD)

I was unable to get Phase 2 to work on Vista64 so this is the reason i bought this.

So i HOPE this is a common problem and can be soughted VERY quickly

Regards

Mike

Edited by Havoc04

Oh i forgot.. 1.28a patch was applied and i ran the configurator in the overflanders folder.

Are you kidding me? 44 looks at this post and no one has some sort of a idea? Should i just pack it up and return to sender? LOL

BUMP

hmm, usually they be right on it,,,(BTW, I DONT HAVE THIS GAME, SO IM OF NO HELP,SORRY)

Are you kidding me? 44 looks at this post and no one has some sort of a idea? Should i just pack it up and return to sender? LOL

Well, not sure about the rest of the forum users, but I can't read the error msg! :grandpa:

I see a big black screen with a small error msg screen. How bout posting just the error msg screens?

Edited by steve58

Hi

searched the posts for what i remeberd seeing, but could not find the exact post i was looking for,

however, i am pretty sure you have to be doing 2 things.

make sure the executables are set to run in compatatibilty mode for xp . Find the shortcut for all the off programs you are going to run (offmanager.exe cfs3.exe and cfs3mp.exe) right click the shortcut > properties>compatibilty tab, and set them. You already seemed to do the "run as administrator thing"

I dont have vista, so i am just repeating what ive see.

pm griphos or axgrinder if you need more help. they both have vista, and will be glad to assist you.

Well i went the extreme. Formated C reinstalled Vista tried OFF still FAIL. Now putting on SP1 i suspect an equal fail.. So not happy.

Will contact the Devs and organize a refund. Very disappointed :(

I have heard on SFP1 forums that with vista...dont install some games in default path.....but install in a folder or such,somewhere other than say C:\Programme files\OFF

try search on SFP1\WOE|WOV forum..

I assume you are running the exe as admin?

Edited by russouk2004

Well i have turned off User account control so there is no need to run stuff as admin.. But at the end of the day it states that you need XP/Vista. And from accounts it should be configured for Vista yes? + my machine aient that special not overclocked and running run of the mill hardware. Simply frustrating! And i refuse to go back to XP been there done that 2 many times previously for games.

Edited by Havoc04

Ok an update

I HAVE been able to get it to run by installing CFS3 to default location and OFF to default location... All on C drive.. I dont like doing that i prefer to have my games and apps WERE i choose to put them. OFF.exe WONT run at all same errors. But if i run the CFS3.exe in the Overflanders folder that works. But obviously not the full game. The OFF.exe is 44meg for a reason! So why one works the other dosent.

At this time im extremely frustrated and have shelved it as it has cost me a OS reinstall and a lot of time.. I dont mind tinkering.. Christ i own FS9 LOL. And all other games i run are flawless in execution.

I certainly hope i havent wasted almost $65.00 AU on a lemon.

Cheers

Ok an update

I HAVE been able to get it to run by installing CFS3 to default location and OFF to default location... All on C drive.. I dont like doing that i prefer to have my games and apps WERE i choose to put them. OFF.exe WONT run at all same errors. But if i run the CFS3.exe in the Overflanders folder that works. But obviously not the full game. The OFF.exe is 44meg for a reason! So why one works the other dosent.

At this time im extremely frustrated and have shelved it as it has cost me a OS reinstall and a lot of time.. I dont mind tinkering.. Christ i own FS9 LOL. And all other games i run are flawless in execution.

I certainly hope i havent wasted almost $65.00 AU on a lemon.

Cheers

It's no lemon.

I'll offer a few things to check (and no doubt others will too) to try to remedy the issue you are encountering. I had similar issues when installing but they have been emedied now, albeit that I'm on Vista32 rather than Vista64.

The first thing I would suggest is a sanity check in the Windows registry that the executeables are defined as recommended. Can you look at the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Nt\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and post a reply telling (a) if there are values listed similar to those below and (b) what data value they have

D:\Program Files\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\CFS3.exe

D:\Program Files\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\OFFManager.exe

Secondly, try running the program cfs3.config.exe as the administrator. The file is found in the install directory (e.g. for me this is D:\Program Files\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields).

Did yeat another reinstall

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Nt\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and post a reply telling (a) if there are values listed similar to those below and (b) what data value they have

Those values "Dosent Exist" in regedit!

I can run the cfs3.config.exe in either administrator or not sucsessfully

I have OFF installed on my games HD

H:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Field\CFS3.exe

H:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Field\OFFManager.exe

Regards

Ok, so please try the following next. I acknowledge that you said that you are using the administrator but can you try this anyway.

1) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to "H:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Field"

2) Right mouse click on OFFManager.exe and select the "Properties" menu item

3) Click on the "Compatibility" tab

4) Click on the "Show settings for all users" button

5) Tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" checkbox and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" in the drop down list.

6) In the "Privilege level" group box, tick the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox.

7) Click the "Ok" command button

8) Click the "Ok" command button

9) Repeat steps 2) through 8) for the file CFS3.EXE

Try running OFF by double clicking on "H:\OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Field\OFFManager.exe" to run OFF.

Could you please post whether or not this is successful and also whether your registry now contains the values I asked about previous.

Regards,

cazna

Ok there are 3 entries in the Layers now

OFF

CFS3

and Default

Tried running OFF in the folder no go.. Still getting the error

Another thing id like to add. Is OFF compatiable with ALL versions of Vista? 32/64 bit? SP1 or no SP installed?

Like on the Buy area it says Vista but there are 2 flavours and it dosent say weather or not you need SP1 sr not.

Is there anything else i would need to install.. Visual Basic, Visual C++ Or .Net??

Was this tested on a Vista 64 OS? Because i as i stated i have done a NEW install of my Vista 64 Ultimate OS today and i have exactly the same problem as i had prior to reinstalling Vista.

I still have this funny feeling that some files weren't copied over because on the 2nd screenshot it says "Error installing OFF Inisalization files"

Regards

Edited by Havoc04

Hi Havoc,

At this point, I suspect you really want to be talking directly to the OBD people. If it's an install problem related to Vista(64) in particular, they've probably seen it before - or at least know what's going on under the bonnet and should be able to advise accordingly. From your last post, there's an implication that it might be a slightly dodgy DVD? I can't imagine that you should have to end up mucking about with your registry just to get the game to run.

Actually id like to hear from or if there are any OTHER Vista 64 users that have this and have been able to get it to run straight out of the box. So if youre a Vista 64 person please let me know

Regards

I have Vista64 SP1 (Home Premium) running on a Core2 Quad 9450 2.66GHz, 4GB Ram, nVidia 9800GT w/1GB vRAM and a 1 TB hard drive. I have OFF patched to 1.3. When I installed CFS3/OFF P3 I made sure to click on "run as administrator" on every executable. I had to install CFS3 since I had the older CDs (v3.0); then patched it to 3.1a. I let it install into its default directory. I installed BHaH in c:\Games\BHaH. I set OFFMANAGER.EXE and CFS3.EXE to WinXP SP2 compatability.

OFF BHaH is running on my system (with some pretty decent framerates, but a little stuttering when in Chase view). Granted I am having some issues with it right now (see http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=38921), but it is running. Just installed v1.3 so not sure yet if I’m still having the not saving kills problem.

Well i have turned off User account control so there is no need to run stuff as admin.. But at the end of the day it states that you need XP/Vista. And from accounts it should be configured for Vista yes? + my machine aient that special not overclocked and running run of the mill hardware. Simply frustrating! And i refuse to go back to XP been there done that 2 many times previously for games.

Havoc,

First, i hope you stick with this, cause i know you will be pleased if you do.

And there are too many vista64 users running this for that to be the problem.

I do not have vista, for obvious reasons, but I question whether or not turning off the user account control means you do not have to follow the proceedure to run as administrator.

Really hope to see you get this thing running.

Havoc04

OFF runs fine on Vista 64.

I installed and run it on Vista 64 ultimate and currently Windows 7 no problems, and RexH who designed the OFF installer used Vista 64 so it *definitely* runs in Vista 64 or Vista 32 or we wouldn't say so!

Something is very odd there. Perhaps a broken DVD or some other oddity.

What other programs are installed? Is there anything in event viewer?

Do you have two CD/DVD drives?

Try copying the files off the DVD one by one into a temp folder and install from there.

... I can't imagine that you should have to end up mucking about with your registry just to get the game to run.

FWIW, it is not the intention to muck around with the registry to get the game to run. The purpose of the steps I'm walking through with Havoc04 are to confirm the exe's are configured as required. This information is held in the registry.

Havoc04, can you post the values in the "Data" column that are assocaited with each of the registry keys please. This will help to confirm whether or not the exe's are defined to run with appropriate values.

It may also be worth grabbing the latest OFF patch (1.3) and installing that, just in case your DVD has a corrupted file.

Well i surcumbed to reinstalling XP . Before i didnt that i installed on my other Machine that has XP to make sure it worked. And it did. Im just glad i dont have anymore than 4gb of ram eh.. LOL

I had some similar problems when I first tried to install the game on Vista. I tried everything, and I do mean everything, many times over, in every possible combinations, but it just wouldn't run. Polovski was very helpful, putting up with my rage and sorrow, staying up to the wee hours of the night trying to help me. I really do owe him a case of the finest ale for his efforts.

Sadly, we weren't able to figure out what the issue was. I do know that it wasn't the game, though.

In the end, I did what I should have done in the first place; I reinstalled Windows. I took the opportunity to swich from Vista 32-bit to 64-bit. The game ran perfectly on the first install and has ever since. Somewhere in the grossly over-complicated mess that is Vista, something was wrong. I have no idea what. I'm not new to computers by a long shot, and I did a lot of looking before I decided to reinstall, but I never did figure out what the problem was.

I do know one thing, though. It was all Microsoft's fault. :biggrin:

Actually id like to hear from or if there are any OTHER Vista 64 users that have this and have been able to get it to run straight out of the box. So if youre a Vista 64 person please let me know

Regards

This might be old to you, but I've got 64 bit Vista and the OFF manager launches just fine. I just get random crashes about 30 minutes into game, but its CFS3 that's crashing. I'm still trying to get this game to work properly in both XP and Vista.

I'm really disappointed that its not working properly, especially because I've been able to play enough to at least get a taste of what the sim has to offer, yet I'm constantly being denied. :P

Are you overclocking your CPU or GPU? What is your PCI frequency? I was getting constant crashes until I backed off a bit on my CPU overclock and reset my PCI settings in the BIOS to normal. Still crashes occasionally, but only after long gaming sessions.