Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

WiC Soviet Assault

This one completely snuck up on me, the last I'd heard Soviet Assault had been cut from production, despite World In Conflict getting a fantastic reception. Anyways, I'm curious, are there any WiC fans on here? Also, just saw this trailer today, love the Fuel Air burst!

Trailer

i'm fan of the trailers bud i didn't really like the game itself :/

Hmmm is it out? I've actually read it's out on wikipedia lol

EDIT: Yes it's out just dug up in ubisofts chaotic website lol

Edited by Brain32

I liked the premise, but it was too much an uber click-fest for me. I don't think that should be the focus of strategy games, even RTS ones.

I'd love to see a WiC-universe game done like CoH, though.

I liked the premise, but it was too much an uber click-fest for me. I don't think that should be the focus of strategy games, even RTS ones.

I'd love to see a WiC-universe game done like CoH, though.

i'd like to see it done like CoD, it would be much better, IMO....Like CoD 1 and 2(Big Red One) with team mates storys and etc...

I'd like to see it done like Battlezone, a combination of shooter/RTS. I loved WiC as is, but I wanted to be down in the action.

I loved WiC as is, but I wanted to be down in the action.

You ever notice when you zoom in, down to the weeds where your boys are, they have conversations amongst themselves?? :yes:

Yeah the game is incredibly detailed...

Sadly my computer can't handle this game (WiC) so I'm pretty sure WiC Soviet Assault will go even worse on my comp.

I played the WIC demo a million times.

Guess i ought to add some more memory to my comp and go for it. :biggrin:

Sadly my computer can't handle this game (WiC) so I'm pretty sure WiC Soviet Assault will go even worse on my comp.

No they run the same, nothing changed really, they just added soviet campaign to go along with the US one...

Not sure I'm terribly interested in a soviet campaign for it. Invading your home country in a game just feels....wrong, I'd like to see them continue the story after end of the first.

I am disappointed in this. Not only are there very few Soviet Missions (and the soviet missions are quite good), but you have to play all the standard missions too in order to actually play the Soviet Missions. I would not have minded this if there was some way to skip the standard mission.

Also, it seems they have been somewhat lazy. The Soviet Missions are mostly placed on Multiplayer maps.

I played the WIC demo a million times.

Guess i ought to add some more memory to my comp and go for it. :biggrin:

K, depending on which demo you have, it may in fact be the full version too. When I bought my copy, it came with a free 10 day trial game. I gave it to my buddy and he very quickly found that it wasn't a demo! :biggrin: