Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

New Police cars?

Something tells me that a bently or bugatti veyron wouldn't quite fit into the budget!

Here in Nevada, certain trained highway patrolmen drive race capable Mustangs and Camaros. Good luck getting away from them!

Why not something like that?

belaz.jpg

I dig the chock on the picture. Like it matters...

Here in Nevada, certain trained highway patrolmen drive race capable Mustangs and Camaros. Good luck getting away from them!

Hey, that's cool. The notable policecars here were mainly Ford Focus, Mazda6, Mitsu Lancer (not EVO), Mitsu Galant, and BMW 3-series. But there were also rumors of undercover police driving tuned cars. My cousin told me in his streetrace career, he was once chased by police driving a JZA70 Supra...

Here in Israel I heard last week that the police have run out of money for refueling there cars and patrol officers where limited to drive only 12km a day. :biggrin::rofl:

What does it meter what car the police drive if you cant refuel them?

(No, the police don't have electric or any other non fuel powered cars.) :biggrin:

Edited by Mannie

(No, the police don't have electric or any other non fuel powered cars.)

Could they fit a siren on a camel?

Could they fit a siren on a camel?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, that's cool. The notable policecars here were mainly Ford Focus, Mazda6, Mitsu Lancer (not EVO), Mitsu Galant, and BMW 3-series. But there were also rumors of undercover police driving tuned cars. My cousin told me in his streetrace career, he was once chased by police driving a JZA70 Supra...

I wouldn't doubt if the Police had a few cars specially tuned for certain roles and conditions. In Michigan they actually have Corvettes and i've heard of another state that uses Vipers :blink:

I remember talking to a Cop in New Jersey who was in a high speed pursuit driving a Ford Crown Victoria chasing a Ferrari.

He said that four of them stayed on the Ferrais' tail until the guy made a mistake and they rammed him right into a concrete lane divider. In NJ the Police cars had metal reinforcements on the front to help push dead vehicles off of busy roads and so the gear amounts to a real battering ram. Crown Vics are also seriously bricklike in their construction and so the Ferrari was left beyond repair.

I'm starting to notice Chargers are replacing the Crown Vic.

But can't help feeling very envious of Japanese police. Man, they even got GT-Rs, NSXs, and a Porsche as police car (not mentioning rotary rockets that were there since the earliest model)! Or the Gallardo in Italy. :crazy:

Crown Vic made me remember of old days playing NFS Hot Pursuit 2. That tough brick is like P-47 :p