UK_Widowmaker

Russian Camel Skin now available

Hope you like it!

post-22245-1239294426_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Hope you like it!

Widowmaker - Another fine skin :ok:

Great skin Widowmaker!

Good work! I wish I had some artistic skills... I guess I could try painting my Pfalz with just one colour and see what happens.

(Wouldn't it be great to have the Eastern front in OFF!)

Great job, Widow! Actually, I just searched the "Wings Palette" site, to proof, that there were

no white roundels under red stars ever. I was wrong. There were.

Hasse Wind - perhaps you can make Widowmaker finish his "Jaws" Pfalz D IIIa. That would be,

what you needed! I've seen it! Ask him (push, push!)

Thanks guys.

Hasse Wind, yes the Eastern Front would be good.

Olham, yes it appears it wasn't until the 1930's that they dropped the white roundel, with Red Star completely.

(have you a link to the wings pallette site?..sounds interesting

Yes, of course - I had this posted on the old forum already:

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww1/f/415/59

On the left, you choose the plane you want. In the center, there is a field, showing,

from which countries skins are shown, or from which countries the artists come.

Click on a national symbol, and at the right, the planes will appear, listed in pages.

Click on a page, and it will open and show small previews.

If you click on the plane, it will come enlarged.

Enjoy!

wow!...how did I miss that???

Superb!..that will keep me going for months!..thanks Olham

Oh my Lord, and Mrs. Widowmaker - can you forgive me for this?! Sob!!

Youre going to have to ask forgiveness from my girlfriend too Olham. I've been to the Wings Pallette site before, but I could never figure out how to work the darn thing! :haha: But, now that you've explained it, Im sure I'll waste away many days there.

-Rooster

And who cares for all ze crumpetz?! Is everybody havink fun around here?!

Just doink, what you like, vissout any respontzability?! Himmelherrgottnochmal!!!

Potzblitzzapperment!!!!

Mein Gott, what a site! And there's also my beautiful Pfalz D.III pictured in the white and yellow colours of Jasta 10. (In my opinion, the Pfalz is the prettiest German scout of the war, even prettier than the Alb. D.III).

Hrrmmh - okay, I forgive you, Hasse Wind; my bird coudn't hear you (Lol!).

My first plane choice, back in Phase 2, was the Pfalz.

I found her a very reliable, stable platform for two guns. She doesn't stall easily,

and if it happens, catches up quick. She gave me a feel of reliability.

With ~ 185 km/h, she is slower than the S.E.5a (~ 222 km/h) and the SPAD XIII (~ 218 km/H) though.

Also, she is definitely no good turn fighter.

I would like to hear, how you get on with her here in BHaH. What are your opponent planes?

Which tactics do you use? Any tricks?

Hrrmmh - okay, I forgive you, Hasse Wind; my bird coudn't hear you (Lol!).

My first plane choice, back in Phase 2, was the Pfalz.

I found her a very reliable, stable platform for two guns. She doesn't stall easily,

and if it happens, catches up quick. She gave me a feel of reliability.

With ~ 185 km/h, she is slower than the S.E.5a (~ 222 km/h) and the SPAD XIII (~ 218 km/H) though.

Also, she is definitely no good turn fighter.

I would like to hear, how you get on with her here in BHaH. What are your opponent planes?

Which tactics do you use? Any tricks?

I'm now at the last stages of the second Kohlrübenwinter (turnip winter) in 1918 and my Jasta has mostly been encountering Sopwith Camels and also Spad VII's, and some Brisfits (those devils!) and the occasional crappy RE.8 two-seater.

Flying the Pfalz D.III and D.IIIa is certainly a VERY different experience from my French Nieuport campaign! I'm not particularly fond of WW1 energy fighters, and the Pfalz D.III is not the best of them. I have a few rules which I try to follow with no exceptions; so far these methods have kept my Leutnant alive and earned him a few kills to boot.

1) Fly high. The best thing about the Pfalz is its diving ability - when the Alb starts lose its wings, the Pfalz keeps going! This combined with the fact that it's a stable gun platform makes it possible to make diving attack with the Pfalz and even get some kills sometimes, if you're lucky. But you have to stay high, for obvious reasons.

2) Stay behind German lines. If all goes wrong, you can dive down and try to make an emergency landing, maybe close to some friendly AA positions that can help with driving off the Entente pursuers.

3) Never turn hard with the nimble Entente scouts. You only lose speed and energy and make it harder to run away.

4) Attack only when you have the advantage. Don't expect to repeat what Voss did with his Dr.I against the S.E.5 when flying the Pfalz. It'll get you killed very quickly. The Pfalz is best suited for careful, calculating pilots. When you doubt your chances, it's always best to flee and live to fight another day. There's also quite good visibility from the Pfalz cockpit, which is always helpful.

This is not the fastest way to score kills, as most of the time you don't achieve any victories as a Pfalz pilot, but over time you can get a kill there, another here and most importantly, stay alive. I've found it's been very exciting to fly something completely different from my favourite Entente turn fighters. And I suppose it's easy to change to the Albatros when I've got so much experience with the Pfalz. IF I stay alive long enough. :yes:

Now if we had the Pfalz D.XII, things would be very different...

Those are some sweet looking Camels Widowmaker. Makes me hungry for a bowl of borscht.

Cheers!

Lou

Honestly - I admire your style, Hasse Wind.

Instead of giving up on a mediocre fighter plane, you take it and make the best of it.

Flying after Dicta Boelke, being patient and careful, you may achieve more than the famous 17 hours,

and slowly but surely, collect a great kill tally.

I am the stupid opposite - the fool around here, if it comes to lasting longer.

It seems, I can't have it any other way but take all enemies available on, have some really great fights,

with 3 or more kills per sortie - but after 3 - 5 sorties: dead!

But with Wolfram "Wolf" Mahlo, I'm doing better so far. He is the fiendishly, clever Wolfpack leader, who

fights with more strategy. Last time we met Camels, my pack had them shredded to thousand tiny hand-

tall pieces, before I couldreally join in. But I had ordered and controlled the whole action.

It took less than two minutes, although it was 4 against 4, and the Camels had attacked from 3.000 feet

higher!

Were is your Jasta 10 stationed, by the way?

Honestly - I admire your style, Hasse Wind.

Were is your Jasta 10 stationed, by the way?

Thanks for the kind words, Olham - I try my best! I must admit that it's not always easy to silence the bloody-thirsty whispers of the hunter who lives within every fighter pilot. Once I made the mistake of trying to outturn a Camel. He looked like such an easy prey, I was behind him and thought "Just one attack, just a short burst and then he goes down and I can get out of here with one more kill!" - what a mistake! He turned like the devil and got behind me. "Bloody hell!" I thought (and plenty of other nasty words!), now he's got me, and he almost did - my Pfalz was plastered with bullets and I had no choice but to crash down hard close to one of our airfields. Fortunately I made a good landing and was flying a tough old girl. A Nieuport would have been shredded to thousand pieces. After this I have been extremely careful with my Bavarian Leutnant.

Jasta 10 (part of JG1) is now stationed at Avesnes-le-Sec (Flanders). I'm anxiously waiting for the D.VII. Erich Löwenhardt is one of my Kameraden.

(Sorry for going off-topic in your thread Widowmaker!)