Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

The details just keep getting deeper...!

On occasion, I've seen pilots leaping from their planes...a little black lump drifts away and disappears. This morning I had a pilot and gunner both bail and they [or one of them] passed within a few feet of my Tripe. [Not the best screen shot.] My God! There's a whole person there. With flying suit. Incredible. [i think I dated that guy's sister last year.]

Edited by Hauksbee

Yes, here's a guy leaping (or falling)

post-22245-1239491965_thumb.jpg

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

On occasion, I've seen pilots leaping from their planes...a little black lump drifts away and disappears. This morning I had a pilot and gunner both bail and they [or one of them] passed within a few feet of my Tripe. [Not the best screen shot.] My God! There's a whole person there. With flying suit. Incredible. [i think I dated that guy's sister last year.]

Actually, the two that jump out are the stow-aways. The reason that two seater was flying so passively is because there were two more people hidden down in the bowels of the plane trying to catch a ride to Paris. Little did they know that all they were hitching passage to was their deaths. The extra weight made the crate so un-manueverable that you had no problem shooting it down. As your bullets rattled around the fuselage, the hidden ones got scared and cried out. The pilot and gunner, realizing only too late their mortal error, grabbed the stow-aways and cast them to oblivion. If you look closely, you will still see the pilot and observer seated in their seats, grimly resigned to their fate.

This sim goes even deeper than you imagined, my friend!

RR

Edited by Rick Rawlings

This sim goes even deeper than you imagined, my friend!

Now I'm really impressed!

Here is a video of me shooting down a plane and when the pilot bails out, he falls past my right wing close enough to almost shake hands with. Poor Fellow.

/salute

Hellshade

Here is a video of me shooting down a plane and when the pilot bails....

Good shot. Has anyone's plane ever been hit by a falling pilot? It would be a most ironic fate to be 'shot down' by the falling pilot of the plane you just creamed.

Good shot. Has anyone's plane ever been hit by a falling pilot? It would be a most ironic fate to be 'shot down' by the falling pilot of the plane you just creamed.

No, but my best German pilot so far was killed by the plane that they jumped out of. I follwed them into a climb and flamed them in my Albatross DII. They jumped out, I dove down and to the right; the abandoned, flaming crate turned over and fell...down and to the right. Flash of red, flash of black, I'm not allowed to say what happens after that, you just have to wait and find out :)

RR

In my first few days of flying OFF I captured my first screenshot. At first the plane was on fire, and then something burning separated from it. I honestly thought it was the pilot jumping out. It was only after getting a few more hours behind me that I realized it was the engine.I was kinda disappointed. 

Maybe I should seek therapy. 

post-46217-1239558727_thumb.jpg

He's making sure you had enough fuel.

-Rooster