Sign in to follow this  
Erwin_Hans

OK,new one.

attachment.php?aid=984545&k=86c878d5a5935148f2cfa7d574b37a99&t=1239523746&fid=4&nothumb=yes&sid=13f8PQUc3pJNjHSbgZuwdIXiIVn7Y6aYZeSu9zKkJrwAjmc

attachment.php?aid=984546&k=e72c2dd138874bef212dd201cf5aa9bc&t=1239523746&fid=4&nothumb=yes&sid=13f8PQUc3pJNjHSbgZuwdIXiIVn7Y6aYZeSu9zKkJrwAjmc

Someone showed these pics

And this is not a Su-30......

This one is called J-11BS,means two seats version of J-11B.

Mmm...a couple of questions:

1º: What is a WS-10?

2º: What the role of Il-28 Beagle in the PLAAF today?

Mmm...a couple of questions:

1º: What is a WS-10?

2º: What the role of Il-28 Beagle in the PLAAF today?

1: WS-10 is a Chinese build and upgraded AL-31F version, this version is better than AL-31F in some time.

2:As far as I know,there are no IL-28 in PLAAF now.Maybe we can find some in museum. And I heared about the last IL-28 in PLAAF service(Now out) is some ECM carrier version like EA-6Bs called HD-5 means bomber & Jammer.

Edited by Erwin_Hans

Nothing has indicated that the H-5s remain in any primary role within the PLAAF. However it's believed that the last few aircraft are HJ-5 trainers, used for various tasks.

Interesting that the Chinese are continuing their work on the J-11. Some of the articles regarding the Flanker, mentioned that the aircraft did not meet the PLAAF's goals, hence their push with the J-10 and other indigenous aircraft.

Thanks for the heads up Erwin.

-Jeff

"As far as I know,there are no IL-28 in PLAAF now."

its right behind the J11 in the photo.

rusting away maybe?

There's some H-5s used for development work out there, like testing new radars and such, but they're not in combat service AFAIK.

I was just reading about the JH-7/7A program, they use the WS-6 which is pretty much a licensed copy of the Spey engines as used in the old Phantom FGRs from the UK. In fact, the JH-7's actually had used Speys while the 7As have the WS-6.

Anyway, the Su-30 was originally called Su-27 something if I recall, wasn't it? It was designed to take over for the MiG-25/31s and that's why it had a backseater to operate the radar systems as opposed to the Su-27UB which was just for training. I think the only thing the J-11 program didn't satisfy was their desire to be totally indigenous, needing Russian engines and such. The B rectifies that.

So the question becomes is the J-11BS a trainer version of the B, or a 2-person combat optimized B?

There's some H-5s used for development work out there, like testing new radars and such, but they're not in combat service AFAIK.

I was just reading about the JH-7/7A program, they use the WS-6 which is pretty much a licensed copy of the Spey engines as used in the old Phantom FGRs from the UK. In fact, the JH-7's actually had used Speys while the 7As have the WS-6.

Anyway, the Su-30 was originally called Su-27 something if I recall, wasn't it? It was designed to take over for the MiG-25/31s and that's why it had a backseater to operate the radar systems as opposed to the Su-27UB which was just for training. I think the only thing the J-11 program didn't satisfy was their desire to be totally indigenous, needing Russian engines and such. The B rectifies that.

So the question becomes is the J-11BS a trainer version of the B, or a 2-person combat optimized B?

I've done a bit of reading about this and came to the following conclusions.

Su27UB is fully combat capable tandem two seat Su27S. Su30 adds some changes, most importantly avionics upgrades (engines were upgraded but I suspect just to bring the range back up to single seat equivalent).

The MiG31 is a very expensive a/c mounting two important features, phased array and datalink. It can remotely use avionics data interpreted from up to four other aircraft assigned to its flight, MiG29 or Su27P or whatever. It's sort of a command targeting system between a squadron, almost like aerial CGI. Since the pilot has full weapons control and the rear crew member is equipped primarily as a data interpreter (although also has small flight controls for the a/c) one would assume his main combat role is using the datalink system. I think of it as a combat worthy, scaled down AWACS (combining sensor data from numerous a/c instead of a big rotor, interpreting and assigning it).

Su30 adds this feature to the Su27UB airframe. In this sense an intercept squadron scrambled by Russia may consist of one or two MiG31 (these are currently undergoing an extensive avionics upgrade to remain in service another fifteen years) joined most likely by up to 8 datalinked Su27P from National Defence for high priority threats, or one Su30 joined by up to four datalinked MiG29S or Su27S/M from Frontal or Naval Aviation for more lower priority and medium level response.

Su30 more supplements than replaces MiG31, probably to take up the role where it would otherwise be frivolous to use up flying hours in a 2.83 Mach monster. Both are sort of like command/control craft with plenty of inherent combat capability...if pressed or required. Su27UB combat capable trainer remains in service separately.

The Chinese designation appears to be a local Su27UB, although the Russians did recently sell their datalink system to India as part of the Su30MKI.

Edited by vanir

"As far as I know,there are no IL-28 in PLAAF now."

its right behind the J11 in the photo.

rusting away maybe?

If you know this photo was taken from SAC flight test center...

Edited by Erwin_Hans

This should be 2-person combat optimized B.As usual, a trainer version of the B must be called JJ-11B[The second "J" means trainer] like JJ-5/6/7.

The Chinese designation appears to be a local Su27UB, although the Russians did recently sell their datalink system to India as part of the Su30MKI.

Nope...as I heared about,this is not only a Su-27UB,it is a Su-27UB outside,but F-15E inside....