Sign in to follow this  

This is the FM I'm using in NF4. Its for the model with six Falcon station which I don't think has been released yet, but you can copy/paste the aerodynamics out of it.

F_102A_DATA.zip

Just took her for a quick spin in NF4, and I have only one question. Were the DT's supposed to stay on the plane? I've tried to punch them off and they don't budge. Just wanted to know if it's a bug or the real deal. Thanks.

The external fuel tanks were always jettisonable from when they were introduced about 1960 or so. The early tanks had slanted-shaped pylons that stayed attached so that they blew as well. After late 1967, the new tanks with small tailfins had

rectangular-shaped pylons which were retained when the tanks went.

Of course you are only dropping them in an emergency situation.....right?

Mike

I've tried to punch them off and they don't budge.

I'm doing this from memory as I'm not on my Strike Fighters PC right now but find the tanks on the DATA.ini weapons section and edit the last line to read

Nojettisondroptank=FALSE (it reads TRUE at the moment)