Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Napalm as cluster bombs

Storm has brought up a good Point here. Which will lead Me to the "Monkey Movie". But first, The problem might be in how One might be employing these Weapons and understanding how they work. As I stated before, Napalm was used on what we refered to as "Soft" Targets as an Incendiary Device.

Now FAE is a Incendiary Device, Is alltogether different destructive Animal. If One wants to do some real Damage. Then the FAE is the was to go.

A FAE is a Fuel Air Explosive. Main Container is just like a CBU and is Fused the same way. But insted of opening like a Clam Shell, The aft end opens which has Three round Containers that are pulled out by Drouge Chute. Dispersion is determined by Fuse Settings. Once the Canisters are pulled out by the Drouges, A Probe extends from the front of the Container which is about Three Feet in length. It extends out much like an automatic Car Radio Antenna does. Once the Probe make contact with the Ground, The Canister releases a mixture of high Octane Automobile Gas and Jet Fuel under very high Pressure about Three Feet off the Ground. This Release, Is a Gaseous Vapor. At the same time that the Vapor is released, Two Electrical Electrobes are released in opposite Directions by Wire. Each Wire is 50 Feet in Lenght. Once that Distance is covered, The Electrobes Ignite. It acts more like a Concussion Weapon than a Incendiary one. But is classified as a Incendiary Device.

The FAE was first developed during Vietnam to clear out LZ's (Landing Zones). But this leads Me to the Story of the "Monkey Movie".

In the early 70's as the FAE was developed, many Test were run on how to Employ the FAE as a Weapon and to how efficient it was. Every Aircraft I trained on had what they called a CWL Class. CWL is Convential Weapons Loading. It would be made up of Personel for one certian type of Aircraft. For example, They'd be a F-4S CWL...And so on..The Movie was showed at these Classes.

Well durning the early 70's, The Navy made a Movie of these Tests called "The Monkey Movie". Well, The Movie was about the effectivness of the Weapon. It was Labortory Monkeys in High Chairs on a Ground Zero Target in China Lake Test Area. They dropped the FAE and as I stated, The FAE is more of a Concussion Weapon than an Incendiary Device.

Well, of course, When the Weapon went off, Monkey Body Parts went flying everywhere. And insured a rousing "OOOHHH RRRAAAHHHH!!!" from us many morbid Marines.

In the mid 80's the Navy pulled the Training Film because of pressure from PETA. It seems that PETA got wind of the Movie and demanded that the Navy not show the Movie as a Trainning Tool anymore. Under pressure, The Navy consented.

Just an Ole' salty Sea Story.....

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

Guest a10boar

Well,the Monkey Movie sounds morbid enough for sure.Live and Learn,I'd say.

Just for fun,I heard PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.J/K

Pls,forward hate mail to;BSWhoopsIDiditAgain@Whatever.com

Hey MGSgt, where can I get a copy of this Monkey Movie?????????? OOHHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey MGSgt, where can I get a copy of this Monkey Movie?????????? OOHHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm sorry Brother. It's just not around anymore. I keep looking on You-Tube to see if it might show up......Nothing yet.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Well, of course, When the Weapon went off, Monkey Body Parts went flying everywhere.

I lol'd

Little off topic, and I don't mean to hijack this thread but, are there any FAE in the game from weapons pack, or like are they in downloads atm?

Edited by i fight by 1

The main reason behing this modification is to make it more effective at all; the standard unmodded BLU-1 destroys two or three trucks moving in straight line, opposite to the visual effects of the explosion, a glitch that buggered me since I first got WoV in 2005.

Great work! This is something I'd noticed as well. Even against infantry (in-game) one would need almost a direct hit to get a kill. The rest of the squads would get swallowed by the huge fire ball but not be effected.

I lol'd

Little off topic, and I don't mean to hijack this thread but, are there any FAE in the game from weapons pack, or like are they in downloads atm?

They're in the Bunyap's weapons packs, aren't they?

OK, CA_Stary,

Your latest one is right on. :good: Now may I suggest adding alittle "Oil Fire Smoke" just after the Fireball peaks. Napalm is a Petrolium Product. It'll give off Thick Black Smoke until it burns off.....Then You would have captured it perfectly....

OK, CA_Stary,

Your latest one is right on. :good: Now may I suggest adding alittle "Oil Fire Smoke" just after the Fireball peaks. Napalm is a Petrolium Product. It'll give off Thick Black Smoke until it burns off.....Then You would have captured it perfectly....

Thanks KB!

Here's one i've been tweaking recently :biggrin:

But I'll have to change the smoke to black one then

Edited by CA_Stary

Thanks KB!

Here's one i've been tweaking recently :biggrin:

But I'll have to change the smoke to black one then

Yes!!!!!!!!! That's the business! That's what I was aiming for, huge long swathes of burnt out truck, but I can only get half that sort of damage from higher altitude bursts of staggering amounts of bomblets. Are you getting that from 10m detonation?

Yes!!!!!!!!! That's the business! That's what I was aiming for, huge long swathes of burnt out truck, but I can only get half that sort of damage from higher altitude bursts of staggering amounts of bomblets. Are you getting that from 10m detonation?

That's the aftermatch of three cans ripple from low level apprach, yes, 10 meters detonation. Dropping from level flight causes the longest spread opposite to even shallow dive (dispersions calculation), .

Ok, the effect is ready, now with thicker and black smoke, please note it will also slightly change medium rocket ground explosions, and some other effects (graphically) as it a part of SF2/SF2V stock effects update I'm working on:

(the pit is my custom quick adaptation of F-8C into A-1H one)

And here's my loadout for stock Spads, with 3 BLU-1 (Cluster) added:

I think this is now the best result regading both weapon and effects attached. Guys thanks for help :ok:

This community is the best one :yes: