Sign in to follow this  
i fight by 1

Kid says "Homework is slavery"...

I got a 14 y/o here who doesn't think she has to do her homework. She's grounded. She has no rights, we own her till she's 18.

She has no rights, we own her till she's 18.

And she'll own you when you're in an old folks home, needing a change of diapers. Ahh the beautiful circle of life.

I have to sympathize. Homework has always been, and continues to be mostly a waste of time and major stressor. Maybe its just because I learned things the first time I heard or watched it and didn't need to repeat it 300 times to remember it. There's a reason our kids hate school and learning, school would be infinitely less stressful and thus more enjoyable.

I have to sympathize. Homework has always been, and continues to be mostly a waste of time and major stressor. Maybe its just because I learned things the first time I heard or watched it and didn't need to repeat it 300 times to remember it. There's a reason our kids hate school and learning, school would be infinitely less stressful and thus more enjoyable.

I guess, maybe for Elementary School children, or maybe even Middle School children might not need Homework, but when you get to higher education, Homework is much more "Useful".

"Homework is slavery".................... tell that to slaves.

But anyway, you won't get far in the last years of school if you don't do homework. The whole point is to study and work things out for yourself. Much like university life.

Homework is slavery? Wait until you have to work for a living.... :haha::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But anyway, you won't get far in the last years of school if you don't do homework. The whole point is to study and work things out for yourself. Much like university life.

Damm straight, i would be useless in my maths if it wasnt for my homework. Its bloody important if you want to pass your subjects, and with the subjects im doing at the moment, homework needs to be done haha....

Physics = B+

Maths B - Stuff like advanced calculus and differentiation = C

English = B+

Modern History = C

Ancient History = C

Geography = C

Passed everything for first term woooo :biggrin:

I've been planning to start a thread about US education but.....

I kid you not, if i had a company and hired all comers, there would be intelligence tests just for Americans. In my last few jobs i worked with both high schoolers and college kids and was amazed at the sheer ignorance and just plain dumbness. It really makes me worry about the future of this country.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

University life is sooooo better than school....at least in the first half.

6421praia.jpg

btw, sometimes my homework pile looked like an book, but whatever...i'm out and don't care who left behind :cool:

I'd REALLY love to see these 'studies' he quoted.

Because I've seen other studies that show kids who do homework, especially those who's families got involved (help, QC, etc), did MUCH better in school.

Ever wonder why Asians as a group do better in school? Guarantee it's because they do their homework...

Also, good luck passing any sort of serious training (flying, med school, etc) without putting in some skull sweat on your off time.

FC

I lost My Son Sean in a Car Wreck 4 Years ago. He would have been 22 the first of September of this comming Year. He hated Homework just as I did.....I guess it runs in the Genes. But I use to tell Him a Joke, and after a while, He'd repeat the Joke back to Me. This thread reminded of it....

The Joke went like this...

The Boss Man come up to Me and says, "How much You Like"? I state, "I don't Like none of It!" So the Bossman says, "So, You're done then, huh?' I say, "Nope." He says, "Well, I thought You said You didn't Like none of it!" I say' "That's right, I don't LIKE none of it!"

Just thought I'd share that with Yall'.

Homework isn't slavery, it's work. That's it. You can choose not to do it, but then you'll have to deal with the consequences of not doing it, ie you won't know the stuff, your parents will ground you and your grades will slip. So go ahead, fight the bonds of "slavery", but then you run the risk of ending up as a bum.

Homework isn't slavery, it's work. That's it. You can choose not to do it, but then you'll have to deal with the consequences of not doing it, ie you won't know the stuff, your parents will ground you and your grades will slip. So go ahead, fight the bonds of "slavery", but then you run the risk of ending up as a bum.

also you can end without your ps3/xbox360/wii/PC :good:

you said all :good:

@KB: I'm sorry for your miss.

Edited by Silverbolt

I lost My Son Sean in a Car Wreck 4 Years ago. He would have been 22 the first of September of this comming Year. He hated Homework just as I did.....I guess it runs in the Genes. But I use to tell Him a Joke, and after a while, He'd repeat the Joke back to Me. This thread reminded of it....

The Joke went like this...

The Boss Man come up to Me and says, "How much You Like"? I state, "I don't Like none of It!" So the Bossman says, "So, You're done then, huh?' I say, "Nope." He says, "Well, I thought You said You didn't Like none of it!" I say' "That's right, I don't LIKE none of it!"

Just thought I'd share that with Yall'.

Sorry bout your son man, Lol'd at the joke though xD.

KB,

Didn't know you had lost your son my friend...I'm sorry to hear about that.

FC

Yhea, Many of the Older Members back in the Day, When We all used to hang out at another Forum knew about it. The funny thing though, He's the one that turned Me on to Strike Fighters. We were in a local Best Buy's here in My hometown, He came running up to Me saying, "Hey Dad, Check out the F-4's in this Game!". I've been hooked every since.

Sorry Guys, I didn't mean to Highjack Yalls' Thread......

(I'm serious Guys, Carry on....I didn't mean to put a damper on things here....)

Edited by 331Killerbee

It should be optional, if you understand everything, fine have your free time, if you don't and you don't take the time to understand things, well then you deserve an F. Thats how my college professor for math taught, did no homework, got an A.

Reading the text is helpful, for anything that wasn't in the lecture, but 99% of all the homework I ever had was simply busywork, because of the notion that they have to give homework. I hate meaningless work, as its nothing but wasted time and additional stress.

Edit: I missed the posts, my condolences killerbee.

Edited by eraser_tr

Ah sh!t, 331, I didn't read your post before I posted mine, it sounds like I just shunned what happened to your son. I'm really sorry for your loss.

EDIT: ok, I'm off topic now too...

Edited by Rambler 1-1

If this kid really goes through with this, which I think he will obviously, this might change Homework a little, Totally, or not at all. IMO.