Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

OT / a brave soul has left us

Charles A Chaboud has left us. My friend and a hero of France. Visits with him and his wife in Gurs France were the highlights during several trips to Europe.

At the start of WW11 his father went to fight with the underground. Charles, just a boy of 16, was told to fight for his country. He did just that.

During one of the early actions he helped a small young lad carry a heavy machine gun up a hill---- Worst mistake he ever made he said. Carried

that damn heavy thing for the rest of the war. Charles was a tall and tough guy, but also very funny.

We spent the 50th anv. of D-day in the local bar. Now that was a day to remember except most of those brain cells were washed clean with wine.

Not many of the WW11 gang left.

CW3SF

My condolances on your loss CW3SF

We all owe our freedom to heros like him who sacrificed on our behave

If ever there were qualifications for immortality, then to fight and die for democracy should be one of them.

They pass from our gaze too soon for us fully to appreciate them, these heroes. God rest them all.

But in a sense they are immortal, if we are fortunate enough to be touched by their lives... they live on in our memories.

CW3SF, good of you to remember your friend to us. Thank you. And my thanks to anyone who reads this and have served the cause of freedom.

A full parade dress soldier's salute to Charles A Chaboud. Let us never forget those who have offered themselves up to protect the basic human rights of freedom and dignity. May they all find their eternal reward in God's kingdom.

No man is an island entire of itself; every man

is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;

if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe

is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as

well as any manner of thy friends or of thine

own were; any man's death diminishes me,

because I am involved in mankind.

And therefore never send to know for whom

the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Salute!

Lou