Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

New Video Card

Okay the time has come my old ATI 1650 card is in need of replacement and was wondering what to replace it wiht as this is the week point on my PC. I am partial to the ATI cards as I prefer the ATI chipset over the NVidia chipset because my PC is an AMD and I have found that ATI works better with AMD and NVidia works better with Intel.

The PC that it is going into is a pure games PC

Wings over Everywhere

FSX

That sort of thing. Was wondering what anyone else is running on their rigs?

Thanks in Advance.

nVidia card on an AMD

Running a Nvidia 8800GT on an Intel processor. The ATI 4890 is as cheap as $185 after a $20 rebate now, and is comparable to an Nvidia 275GTX on most games. Take a look on anandtech.com for an extensive comparison between them.

I'm running a 8600gt oc 1 gig card on a 3.1 dual core amd board not a single problem :biggrin:

Okay the time has come my old ATI 1650 card is in need of replacement and was wondering what to replace it wiht as this is the week point on my PC. I am partial to the ATI cards as I prefer the ATI chipset over the NVidia chipset because my PC is an AMD and I have found that ATI works better with AMD and NVidia works better with Intel.

The PC that it is going into is a pure games PC

Wings over Everywhere

FSX

That sort of thing. Was wondering what anyone else is running on their rigs?

Thanks in Advance.

My old Modding Machine runs a ATI 2600HD pro in a AGP Slot......Good Deal for the Price. Works well for SF and SF2 Games.