Sign in to follow this  
Jammer28

SE5a vs DR1 (video)

A flight of SE5a's and Fokker DR1's duel Over Flanders Fields

Wow! The Dr1 is such a light and agile bird. If you just breathe on the stick it jumps.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Im trying to embed the video. If it doesn't work then here is the youtube link.

Well it looks like that didnt work. Catch? How the heck do you embed a video?

Edited by Jammer28

That had to happen - I was waiting for a collision all the time. Man, do you go close on!

A great action video, with dramatic cutting - very good!

The Dr.1 pilots didn' live up to their planes; when S.E.5s join in to turn fighting, they would

be lost against the Fokker. But when they are clever, and use their speed advantage for a

boom-and-zoom fight, they are very uneaqual opponents, and the outcome would be un-

predictable.

A flight of SE5a's and Fokker DR1's duel Over Flanders Fields

Wow! The Dr1 is such a light and agile bird. If you just breathe on the stick it jumps.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Im trying to embed the video. If it doesn't work then here is the youtube link.

Well it looks like that didnt work. Catch? How the heck do you embed a video?

Jammer my man wow - I think we need to talk to you about these vids

Please contact us on support e-mail with your e-mail addy

Ta

WM

Great footage Jammer, and an excellent choice of music. Well done. :ok:

Cheers!

Lou

Jammer: Don't know how you get the movement so smooth as you look around.. that takes a lot of cool to not jerk your head as you look around during a battle, well done. :good:

Superb!..possibly the best i've seen for OFF!.... Non jerky TrackIR, well edited, exciting to watch...great music..... sh*t yer pants dogfighting!..Loved it!

(have watched 'other' WW1 flightsim vids on youtube, and it surprises me how naff some of them look..with 1990, cartoon like graphics, scenery etc!)

So, this is a real treat to watch!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Jammer: Don't know how you get the movement so smooth as you look around.. that takes a lot of cool to not jerk your head as you look around during a battle, well done. :good:

I’m sorry if I disappoint you guys but the smooth head movement is nothing more than padlock. I use that with FreeTrack (I don’t know how to get 6DOF with it though). That’s why it’s jerky sometimes and smooth the other. When I get my tax return I may buy TrackIR.

I use a mix of different views and techniques and hope I get something good. I get a lot of shots I throw away and a few nice gems. You should see what I throw away. A lot of crashes!

I want to thank everybody for the kind reviews. It pleases me to no end that you enjoy them. I’m happy to give something back to the OFF community and contribute to the forum.

Jammer

No need for excuses, Jammer!

I regard your video like making movies - they also throw miles of film away during cutting.

And it's okay to use optical tricks, or to cut together different parts from two or three flights,

cause you want to show both sides.

As long as it makes sense in the end, that's a better way to make a video, than just to "film"

one single flight, from just cockpit perspective. Great job!

That was great! I never knew you could see the shell casings coming out of the Lewis gun!!! That's too cool!

Hi Jammer

Excellent video :good: Here's how you embed a youtube vid ....

Copy the alpha/numeric sequence after the = sign onto your post. In your vid it's 9Z07a3rQqCE. Then surround it with

[youtub][/youtub] .... but spell "tube" correctly and voila .... easy peasy.

Hi Jammer

Excellent video :good: Here's how you embed a youtube vid ....

Copy the alpha/numeric sequence after the = sign onto your post. In your vid it's 9Z07a3rQqCE. Then surround it with

[youtub][/youtub] .... but spell "tube" correctly and voila .... easy peasy.

Ok, thank you kind sir.

Jammer