Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Could someone post?

I give up!...I use FRAPS...usually make a dire video, which I can't even edit properly in Movie maker!)

PLEASE can someone post something on how to make the f&*^%$£g things!..before I visit my local shopping centre armed with a Machette! :diablo:

What exact problem/s are you having? Movie Maker is buggy and sometimes you have to work around it's aggro, but eventually it comes right.

Hi Siggi..thanks for replying!...yes...my main hassle is adding music.

It sit's there saying 'Adding Music' ad infinitum!....... it's only a 30 second piece...but last night it sat for 3 hrs adding it!...I had to cancel in the end

Hi Siggi..thanks for replying!...yes...my main hassle is adding music.

It sit's there saying 'Adding Music' ad infinitum!....... it's only a 30 second piece...but last night it sat for 3 hrs adding it!...I had to cancel in the end

MM is quite picky about music formats. MP3s seem to work very well. Could be the piece you were trying to add is corrupted too.

MM is quite picky about music formats. MP3s seem to work very well. Could be the piece you were trying to add is corrupted too.

OK, I will check that out...thanks m8

I give up!...can't even edit properly

Sounds like you may just need another editing program. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio [ approx. $60 US] but there are many out there. First, I'd go to www.downloads.com You're bound to find plenty there, downloadable, often with 30-day trial periods, and a modest fee after that. I also find that a lot of very interesting software can be found, not in computer stores, but in office-supply stores where they also sell computers, printers, paper and ink cartridges.

If you are looking to convert some formats, one of the best programs Ive found is called format factory. And it's freeware. Can do just about any file imaginable in any format - pictures, movies, music, etc. Nice to have all of converting tools in one app.

Edited by Test Pilot

ok,,,as long as we are on the subject,,, i cant get sound in my fraps (ie engine noise,,,guns..etc..etc)

have onboard realtex hd audio....all the posts ive seen when i search say im suppose to have a audio option that says something along the lines of "what you hear", but i dont have that anywhere.

anyone else have problems getting sound with the videos?

ok,,,as long as we are on the subject,,, i cant get sound in my fraps (ie engine noise,,,guns..etc..etc)

have onboard realtex hd audio....all the posts ive seen when i search say im suppose to have a audio option that says something along the lines of "what you hear", but i dont have that anywhere.

I can't either...but I (think) you can only record sounds in the paid for version.

I will look into alternatives to Fraps...I dont rate it personally

I can't either...but I (think) you can only record sounds in the paid for version.

I will look into alternatives to Fraps...I dont rate it personally

If you haven’t done so already I would recommend reading the FAQ’s for Fraps here:

http://www.fraps.com/faq.php

I would also suggest checking your Windows audio setting in Control Panel.

If I’m not mistaken the audio capture works for the un-registered version.

You just have a perpetual “www.fraps.com” at the top of your videos until registered.

well..wish i could say i knew what i did..other than change and rechange a ton of settings that i have done too many times in the past, but end result is now i have sound..

homeboy is a master at walkthrus...maybe try and get his attention to this thread..

need a good fraps of a nice mp furball (hint...hint)

whew,,,that was onna the biggest pains in the ass i have had to go thru.. This is for getting sound in fraps when it is not present

Wont bothere you with all i went thru to figure this out (i want to...but i wont)

Cultprit for me was a slider/setting called "stero mix" Now not all ppl have this slider in thier sound settings. There are alot of walkthrus that explain how to get it back into sound settings if you have to. (googel it.)

but before you go thru all that..make sure that you dont have the option in the sound software that usually installs with either your sound card or your onboard sound ....u know,,the little sound utility icon down by the clock (not the volume..) Stero mix (for me at least) has to be enabled for me to get sound in fraps. Its a funky little setting, and what i think it does is combine the sound output (what is going to the speakers) and the sound input (what might be coming out of the mic) all into one. So even thou i use headphones and a mic (i dont have speakers), with this setting on, in a multiplayer game,, everyone else on teamspeak could hear my planes engine,,,my guns if i fired,,,and had a terrible echo. ie,,it was channeling the sound going to my headphones into the output of my mic..

if you dont have the stero mix in any of your settings, there is one more way to enable it.

contol panel>sounds and audio devices (in xp anyways)>voice tab>test hardware> wizard opens up,,,,does this little test first,,,then gives you a blog to read while u watch a mic volume meter

Insert shows what to do next.

Luckily for me, i did find a stero mix setting in my realtek sound utility, so i dont have to go thru all that above if i want to do fraps.

and have no idea what the ramifications are (other than screwing up teamspeak) if you leave that setting deselcted.

hope that helps.

Cool.. I have a Realtek card..will look into that SD

thanks!