Yes sir - I read that only some 300 were manufactured. I wonder if the real ones had that pointy conical nose - and were all solid red color that the dummy rounds show? ANy old ADC heads can jump in here and clarify any of this - I'm no expert - only look at photos and talk with folks like y'all.

Mike

It's interesting. I was reading my Century Jets book today, and there is one full page in the F-102 section just about the weapons. It has several Falcon photos, and oddly enough mentions all the variants we seem to have agreed upon, but it still mentions the AIM-4E/F?G variants as being carried. Of course it also says the AIM-4F was IR-guided so I guess the info on that page should be taken with a grain of salt.

I have an F-102 question and i figured i'd ask hear instead of doing a new thread.

For some reason i got into this aircraft beacuse Dave stoked my interest in the challenge of using a plane armed with solely with Falcons.

Anyways, i'm trying to remember the message that gave the optimum loadout for your wingmen. For the life of me i can't find the damn thing in my comp

Thanks all.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking for the loadout.ini file?

1. The default loadout for the F-102A is 3 AIM-4F (SARH) and 3 AIM-4G (IR). This is fine for the player, but the AI seems to have some trouble with the IR Falcons and rarely fires them. If possible I will address this in a future version, but for now I suggest loading all AI planes with 6 AIM-4F. In the F-102, you will need all of the firepower your wingmen can bring to bear to be successful.

I think this was what you were looking for

Edited by hgbn

OK my problem is a little more basic. I simply can't get the F-102's missiles to launch. I pull in behind the Beagle, click to boresight mode, get the little diamond, hit fire. Nothing. I've tried the AIM4 D F and G. I've tried from five miles out, one mile out, about thirty yards behind the bomber. I just can't get anything to happen. Is there some very specific flight envelope I have to match to get them to launch? Do I have to push a button to open the weapons bay door first? Thanks.

WoE, Nato Fighters #1-4.

No. I looked in the manual for the bay doors control, but there is none listed (obviously the manual doesn't assume you can fly the F 102). How would I set a button for that?

From the main screen...Options-Control-Customize-Weapons Commands-Open Bomb Bay

Best to have it set on your joystick or throttle.

control/o open ALL bomb bays by default

It would be really neat if the F-105 could utilize it's Bomb Bay. It would make for some interesting strike profiles due to what weapons could be used and the limited amount of fuel