Guest F-16CJ

Better widesky

Guest F-16CJ

Better widesky

READ THE README!!!

Made By InskyGroups Orsin。

--InskyGroups 2009

guys,

I'm not sure why it did not come with description that I wanted. But anyways I will give you all a quick impression right here.

First, the original WideSky is not from me or any other insky members. It is a classic from Cellisky long time ago.

As we all noticed it is fantastic but with some glitches. And so I made some changes. :)

1. fixed the the horizontal light band issue

2. some textures and effects come with the original widesky were abandoned. Instead we use stock effects. note that I made my choice very carefully and understand some people may like the ones come with widesky. What I choose was a compromise between bugs and effects.

3. nights are now darker than the original widesky. They feel like real nights

4. I slightly tweaked the twilight effects to make it feel better.

5. the new version fixed the holes on the cloud layers under inclement weather.

6. I have provided a way to prevent the ugly alpha rending problem with trees. see readme.

The package above does not require the original Widesky 1.0. Rather, you will need to manually delete all old widesky files to prevent unexpected problem.

This light update of widesky combines some new effect come with WOI and it should work very well with all titles even if I have only tested with WOI.

Edited by orsin

As nice as widesky is, one thing I really couldn't go back to is life without the darkening sky as you climb past 50,000ft. Does your mod address that issue?

As nice as widesky is, one thing I really couldn't go back to is life without the darkening sky as you climb past 50,000ft. Does your mod address that issue?

Yes, climb and look... at a very high altitude, you even find the light of sun get reflected when enter into the air....

you might want to preview the effects here:

http://www.insky.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid...;extra=page%3D1

Edited by orsin

I have a little problem.

I tried installing both this mod and the original widesky mod by Cellinsky, as well as editing the enviromentsystem.ini file, and I can't change the color of the sky in pretty much any time other than "Noon" and "Night"... I guess it's something with my game settings, but I can't figure out what... I have WoE,v8.30.6.3