Sign in to follow this  
joeroma

in the future released

I'd cheerfully cough up for an add-on aircraft as would most people around these parts as have posted on the subject. We'd need some idea of likely cost for a professional 3D modeller to create new aircraft and an invitation to tender might need drawing up to ensure compatibility and quality etc.

I don't know what needs doing to convert from 3D format xyz to CFS3 format or what poly limits there are but if it's easily done then Hell I'd happily just buy one from a commercial 3D site and donate it.

As far as new aircraft, I support OvS' point but the most expedient solultion would be to fill in any career-stopping blanks first, IMHO.

Here is my short list of what we could use in OFF next Phase... or an add-on. These are based on popular use and longevity. Planes that had a 'lasting' impact for their time. Not just 'I want these' type of selection.

Early War

French:

Voisin 5

Caudron G.IV

Morane Bullet

Morane Parasol

Neiuport 10 and 12

German:

Albatros C.I and C.III

Aviatik C.I and C.II (sam plane just a more power engine)

Albatros D.I

Pflaz E.III

Rumpler C.I

Gotha G.III

British:

RAF FE.8

Vickers FB.5

Mid War

French:

Dorand AR1

Breguet Bre.14

Neiuport 24 and 27

Hanriot HD-1

German:

AEG C.IV

AEG G.IV

SSW D.III

Gotha G.IV

Fokker D.IV

Halberstadt CL.II

British:

Airco DH5

Armstrong Whitworth FK.8

Sopwith Dolphin

Late War

French:

Nieuport 28

Caudron R.11

British:

Airco / de Havilland DH.4 and DH.9

Handley Page O/400

Sopwith Snipe

German:

Albatros C.X

Fokker D.VIII (E.V)

SSW D.IV

Pflaz D.XII

Halberstadt CL.IV

Junkers J.1

Junkers D.I

Really, I'm not trying to be the 'end all expert' of what WWI Air Combat was all about, but I can say with my experiences that this list can be considered plenty (if not more than enough) of everything that would make the skies busy and plenty over the front throughout the length of the war. Keep in mind, many of the planes (especially the 2-seaters) you see above lasted over the course of the war. So they would not be phased out, just riding alongside other that are introduced.

I don't think I forgot any. Adding in planes like the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI I think would be over-the-top and take waaaaayyyy too long to produce, let alone, what effect if any, did they have on the war? Is it worth it? I based the list on effect and historical use.

Maybe there are more, but honestly, I don't think they had an impact like those above.

All the best,

OvS

The Dolphin was a late arrival, as was the Snipe... But William Barker's exploits is one of the most amazing stories of WW1 aviation, and I am thrilled to see it's inclusion in the list!...Barker's tales fuelled my childhood fascination!

Here is my short list of what we could use in OFF next Phase... or an add-on. These are based on popular use and longevity. Planes that had a 'lasting' impact for their time. Not just 'I want these' type of selection.

Early War

French:

Voisin 5

Caudron G.IV

Morane Bullet

Morane Parasol

Neiuport 10 and 12

German:

Albatros C.I and C.III

Aviatik C.I and C.II (sam plane just a more power engine)

Albatros D.I

Pflaz E.III

Rumpler C.I

Gotha G.III

British:

RAF FE.8

Vickers FB.5

Mid War

French:

Dorand AR1

Breguet Bre.14

Neiuport 24 and 27

German:

AEG C.IV

AEG G.IV

SSW D.III

Gotha G.IV

Fokker D.IV

Halberstadt CL.II

British:

Airco DH5

Armstrong Whitworth FK.8

Sopwith Dolphin

Late War

French:

Nieuport 28

Caudron R.11

British:

Airco / de Havilland DH.4 and DH.9

Handley Page O/400

Sopwith Snipe

German:

Albatros C.X

Fokker D.VIII (E.V)

SSW D.IV

Pflaz D.XII

Halberstadt CL.IV

Junkers J.1

Junkers D.I

Really, I'm not trying to be the 'end all expert' of what WWI Air Combat was all about, but I can say with my experiences that this list can be considered plenty (if not more than enough) of everything that would make the skies busy and plenty over the front throughout the length of the war. Keep in mind, many of the planes (especially the 2-seaters) you see above lasted over the course of the war. So they would not be phased out, just riding alongside other that are introduced.

I don't think I forgot any. Adding in planes like the Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI I think would be over-the-top and take waaaaayyyy too long to produce, let alone, what effect if any, did they have on the war? Is it worth it? I based the list on effect and historical use.

Maybe there are more, but honestly, I don't think they had an impact like those above.

All the best,

OvS

*Ahem* :biggrin:

I'm surprised there was any room left in the skies with all the blooming Nieuports flying about!

Whoops! Here is the Parasol. (The main difference is the fuselage shape)

post-45838-1241964103_thumb.jpg

I thought the main diffeernce was it used wing warping?

Voisin 5

Caudron G.IV

Morane Parasol

Neiuport 27

Gotha G.V

Nieuport 28

Fokker D.VIII (E.V)

Pflaz D.XII

These are available on Turbosquid at around the $40 mark, excepting the N27 and the DXII at $121. Interestingly, the Voisin 5 is FREE (so I grabbed it in case they change their mind). They are all 3DS Max format, polygon range is 13000 to 100000 (Caudron) with most in the 30000 area.

Don't know if that's of interest or of use?

Edited by Dej

Very exhaustive list, OvS! :ok:

However, I'd add the Salmson 2 two seaters for the late war French Aviation Militaire. At the end of the war, about one third of French reconnaissance aircraft were Salmsons, and over 3000 were built in total.

These are available on Turbosquid at around the $40 mark, excepting the N27 and the DXII at $121. Interestingly, the Voisin 5 is FREE (so I grabbed it in case they change their mind). They are all 3DS Max format, polygon range is 13000 to 100000 (Caudron) with most in the 30000 area.

Don't know if that's of interest or of use?

Problem is unless they are also in CFS3 format in the model it would take some work to convert them, plus they'd need remapping and retexturing to fit the OFF format, and they are for people to use as individuals not sure about using them to make craft to sell ?

I thought the main diffeernce was it used wing warping?

The first thing that caught my eye was the fuselage difference. But yeah, these are different wings as well.