While I'm redoing the skins for the B-66B. I was wondering if there was a more "fitting" pit floating arround instead of the A-6 or F-4 pit previous used in various packs.

Any ideas guys and gals?? It dont have to be a true Destroyer pit. But so many planes has been released with own pits recently. It could be there was one which would give a much better feeling of being inside a Destroyer pit.

BTW any one who have any information on stencils used on the B-66 family???

I will run through Airliners.net and see what I can find for pics of stencils. As far a a pit goes. That is a good one. Not sure what one to use.

Thanks Dave :good:

that book I sent you has some GREAT interior shots, which is why I "settled" on a modded F-4 pit. Albeit not correct, but a 'best closest fit'. Even though the fight insruments are in the wrong places, there was no radar display for the pilot, I basically used it for the 'twin engine annunciator' panels that have a nice steam-gauge look.

don't forget, the pilot sat up front (ok, on the left), with nothing but black boxes and empty beer cans on the right. The other crew members sat behind him, so I didn't feel the need for adding anything on the right side. Now, if I could have figured out how to remove the right side bulkhead.... since that's where the thottle pedestal actually was...

wrench

kevin stein

that book I sent you has some GREAT interior shots, which is why I "settled" on a modded F-4 pit. Albeit not correct, but a 'best closest fit'. Even though the fight insruments are in the wrong places, there was no radar display for the pilot, I basically used it for the 'twin engine annunciator' panels that have a nice steam-gauge look.

don't forget, the pilot sat up front (ok, on the left), with nothing but black boxes and empty beer cans on the right. The other crew members sat behind him, so I didn't feel the need for adding anything on the right side. Now, if I could have figured out how to remove the right side bulkhead.... since that's where the thottle pedestal actually was...

wrench

kevin stein

It's a great book most usefull :good: Very informative.

Maybe best: Thudwire F-104 cockpit. You can Move the radar out of the way, and its generally way down anyways where you have to look way down to see it (cockpit designers hehe). You can add or "Wrench" :yes: an RWR into place of the backup ADI as seen below.

---------------- warning weirdness warning will robinson ----------------

Even full normal stock cockpit, F-104 is worth a look. Here is the weirdness I do...I think WW1 Sim uses the same methods. Below is F-104 instrument panels inside Bunyap B-66 3D model.

B-66-1.jpg

Rear view...

B-66-2.jpg

Discussion on F-104 panels inside B-66 down this Thudwire page

~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...=a&start=96

==========================================

I do the same with ATeam's A3D Skywarrior. Sometimes the stargetic method doesn't look great, sometimes it does. This is one of those times it works out pretty nice.

More on stargetic F-104 pit inside A3D down this page

~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...a&start=328

A3D--1.jpg

Lexx that's looking great. Have you considered posting those pits???

Lexx....Have you considered posting those pits???

No.

This takes the sim beyond the event horizon.

That stargetic thread has the information needed to learn how to apply this method, especially the first few pages. The rest is fluff. Also, there is that partially worked out example for A3D.