Sign in to follow this  

I'm tryin to change the year spread on my original install of WOE. I have read the post in the KB about how to do this however when i try to save the change the Options.ini Vista tells me access to that file is denied. I'm opening it usung wordpad. unfortuneatly my computer skills are only two notches above the guys in Zoolander when they announced "the files are in the computer!" How do i change an ini file? any help would be greatly appreciated

not being a vista user, I can only guess at a few things.....

can you reset, or check the Properties of the Options ini? Right click, and the menu box should open, select properties and see if it's read only. If so, uncheck that box, and save.

Other than that, we'll need a vista user to get more, clearer instructions

wrench

kevin stein

read only box was not checked but while in properties looked at security settings and adjusted them so the user had full control. it was set for read and execute only. thanks for pointing me in right direction!

Copy your install and paste it into a new folder in your user folder -your new copy is ready to mod. Vista will not allow you to mod your ini text when you install the game in program files or program files 86.

Now you have two separate working installs

You can mod any ini you want in your user install and then paste a copy it into into your other install in program files, you will have to delete the ini in program files before you can copy the new one over from your user files install.