Sign in to follow this  
KnightWolf45

Prop-Head Modding and 3d Discussion

sorry guys here in portugal there very little book on aircraft and the one that are avalable are on cold war era aircraft im try to gater intel on aircraft has mucht has possible but ther still many aircraft thatdont know so pls bare whit me wend i screw up this type of thing.

Don't worry, Daniel.

Everyone of us is learning - every day!

And the english Wikipedia is a great source of knowlege.

thanks for the links guys :good:

now here his today update

all most ready canopy his cut now just some final details and it ready for mapping

should come out soon

If you have use of this skin Wrench pm me... :salute::salute::salute:

post-35204-1245838319_thumb.jpg

Edited by thebeast0449

heres a small update on H-111

im not very happy whit the wings so i might redo them later on

cocas

Beast: is that for 16GIAP?? or another squadron? Looks good!

wrench

kevin stein

Beast: is that for 16GIAP?? or another squadron? Looks good!

wrench

kevin stein

Cheers big W - I didnt really get as far as assigning units or anything - just that.

Looks like lend lease is alive and well at CA!

post-35204-1245922985_thumb.jpg

Doesn't wolf have a p-40 in his WWII pack? So I could release a soviet P-40 here without lod and a link to the pack....true? :blink: And what does dat mean? and dont say dis and dat... :rofl:

Ahh...the A team - got it - man-shame we cant all work together to keep this thing alive...

Edited by thebeast0449

Doesn't wolf have a p-40 in his WWII pack? So I could release a soviet P-40 here without lod and a link to the pack....true?

Yes, Wolf has the earlier P-40B (under filename Tomahawk) in his WW2 plane pak. He has left pretty clear instructions about non-distribution of his models, so yes, you ought to comply with that and leave his .lod out of your mod. Skins and .ini files have generally been regarded as free to mod, although it is also considered polite to give credit to the originator of said files.

Nice Russian skins, BTW :good:

Edited by Baltika

The -B is ok, but some later models P-40s would be nice too. Especially the E, that's the "iconic" P-40.

Edited by zmatt

i guess we are going to need some P-40E´s guys

sorry for the lack of progress i have been busy and dint find time much work on my wips this last fewe days and probaly the next fewes days has well but i got some suprises later this week stay tune.

cocas

nah bra...just use the B version-spend our time making NEW planes not at CA - not new varients....I mean I'd rather have 10 new planes than 100 varients of the same plane... :grandpa:

I disagree, in some respects.

To elaborate.... some aircraft can keep their 'general shape', but have all KINDs of modifiations. We're all VERY aware, I'm sure of the differences in the Spit and Hurri marks... Hurricane's fer instance, 8 gun, 12 gun (which can be a simple data ini edit to create the IIB from I), 2C with 4 20mms, 2D with 2 40mm gondolas, SeaHurris with hooks. And then there's the Trop versions, with the Volkes filters.

Now, a base version (I'm using Wolfs upcoming as an example, based on the 1 screenie I've seen...) could be used for pretty much ALL of them, and using the fake pilot method to add the Volkes filter and cannon barrels; just like the old Pakso mod for the Mig-17PFU. But due to some physical differences, the SeaHurri would need their own model. Simply for the hook; although this again, is easily 'faked' by a simple data ini edit. But people seem to really want the visual on the external views. Same for Seafires.

Spits are another issue, expecially if someone wants an LF clipped wing version. Or anything after the Mk.V, with it's 2 radiator housings, not to mention the cannon barrels. Then Mk. VIIIs and up, with the different tail shapes. And the trop filters... Again, this MAY be doable via the fake pilot method, but somebody has to BUILD the bits to stick on!

A lot of this goes back to the problem some people have obtaining those already in existence.

I really want to see Wolf's Spit and Hurri released .... this is just ME speaking, as a player and mod maker, not as anything else. I just wish the hell I could actually DO something in 3d to help out!!

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench

I really think CA needs a prophead forum. The are a lot of issues that need to be solved. A lot of people still do not think SF2E can do WW2 on XP. We really need to work through the problems associated with a WW1/WW2/Korea prophead install and save them to stickies.

Just sent updated FMs for

A6M5a

Bf-109G-10

F4U-4

Fw-190D-9

Ki-43II-a

P-47M-1

P-51D-30

Found this line

BrakingCoefficient=0

in the tailwheel section will cause some visual models to go in circles on the ground. We need a place to document stuff like this.

Next up are

Bf-110G

P-38J-25

Do-335A-1

One of the reasons I created this little stickies forum, to try to keep this all together (true, in a mixed up sort of fashion, that seem more towards building new/replacment, than fixing.....)

I'll be MORE than happy to put in in a request with the admins!!! :yes:

Once we have 'detailed fixes', I can also create a new Thread in the Knowledge Base, just for Prop Mods.

Wonder if that tail wheel braking line is what's causing all my Italian birds (Re2000,2001,2002) and a whole bunch of others to do the 'bouncy jiggly, jumpupanddown, roll over and explode dance!!'... btw, WoE, 06 patch, MTO install.

Thanks Greg!

wrench

kevin stein

I really think CA needs a prophead forum. The are a lot of issues that need to be solved. A lot of people still do not think SF2E can do WW2 on XP. We really need to work through the problems associated with a WW1/WW2/Korea prophead install and save them to stickies.

Gets my vote :biggrin::good:

Thanks for the update, Sarge. Looking forward to trying out your new beta FMs.

Would there be some mileage in uploading the updated FMs only, either here or at AvHistory, so that we don't have to keep hammering the bandwith for the whole model?

Cheers,

Baltika

Would there be some mileage in uploading the updated FMs only, either here or at AvHistory, so that we don't have to keep hammering the bandwith for the whole model?

Cheers,

Baltika

Unfortunately because of the petty infighting, the CA version and A-Team versions are different. So if they were posted they may not work for half the aircraft. :dntknw:

If everyone standardized on a naming convention it would work. For node and model names I've seen RightWing, WingRight and TheOtherLeft. I swear one of these times I'll see Chinese characters in there! :shok:

Duh :dntknw:

Well, thanks again for working on them.