Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Aao 2.0a Review/article

OK...just put out the America's Army Review/Article for everyone. I've been working on this for some time, but too many things in the Real World had kept me from finishing it. I felt that I owed everyone, including new members, a review of what AAO is all about.

The Article is target towards those that don't no much about America's Army Online, but are looking for more information on the game before jumping into it.

I hope everyone enjoys it for what it is.

Cheers!

Fates

http://www.biohazcentral.com/article.php?34.0

Absolutely excellent article Fates! Thanks for the hard work on this one, it's definately made me want to explore this sim further.

This is an excellent infantry combat sim. I dont think a computer game has come as close as this to what we hope for in a simulation. With the latest patch(?), 2.0.0a, I guess you call it, any bugs I had disapeered. I love the sandstorm map. I havent had a chance to play with my gaming group, MGG, yet, but they are getting heavily into this one. As soon as the links for the reviews are fixed, Ill read your review Fates. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Edited by pcpilot

Fates,

Excellent review. As a current Beta tester for the game I know quite a bit about it and you nailed what the sim is about. Thank you for an honest review!

Fates,

Excellent review. As a current Beta tester for the game I know quite a bit about it and you nailed what the sim is about. Thank you for an honest review!

as a beta tester can you from time to time post

images of newer versions right here if you can

Thanks Screwjack!

Tell ODB_Corvette to put a few rounds in Tater_Gun for me.!!!LMAO I hope the upcoming additions to AAO are worth the effort...they always have been.

Nesher, the Non-Disclosure agreement means just that...unfortunately.

America's Army: SF has been a welcomed addition to the game. My only dissapointment has been not modifying some existing and challenging maps to include SF Operations and Objectives. First most, I would love to see Insurgent Camp expanded and included in the SF operations. I would also like to see Mountain Pass SE to be included in SF operations as well...maybe even add a CSAR component to it...WOW!~

There's alot goin around about the future of AAO....and ya better be where'n shades. Keep up the good work Screwjack!

Cheers!@

Fates

Yep, there is a bunch of stuff coming down the pipe, but the NDA keeps me from talking. Vette and Tater... What can you say. Taters got a TUFF hide. Man the razing she takes from some of the other beta......

The new stuff is again indescribable. The Devs never cease to amaze us. Now if SCI could get their shiet togther.

We discussed having some SF options in previously released maps, but after the Bridge SE and Mnt. Pass SE public out cry, I doubt that we'll ever see a SE map again. Maybe River Basin:) LOL

The best part is having cheats enabled on a couple of our servers (so we can quickly row thru the weapons for testing). Radio Tower with SF equipment ROCKS! I really wish they would redo that one at twilight and have it a SF only map.

Again, thank you for your review. Sometimes I don't think this game gets the credit it deserves, because its free. Hang a $40.00 price tag on it and it would suddenly become one of the best FPS out there.

Keep up the good work!

Hooah!

Edited by ScrewJack

too bad :(

but thanks for the letting me know...

This is why we don't mess with Tater:

taterandgun.sized.jpg