Sign in to follow this  
Dave

What Is Everyone Doing Over the Weekend?

what were you riding? An F4i?

That's still pretty quick. My XL350R tops out at 100 kph, then complains about it all the way home.

Jug spent a fine Saturday with the Jarhead family and we flew and talked flying all afternoon. Mrs Jarhead was most gracious and cooked one of the best steaks I have had in some time. A nice day with two fine parents and 4 high speed toddlers.

what were you riding? An F4i?

That's still pretty quick. My XL350R tops out at 100 kph, then complains about it all the way home.

Yup. From the looks of it she still had a decent bit left in her (probably rider issues :biggrin: ) but there's only so much straight track and plus I've never ridden something that demanding physically and mentally, from 245kph got to be down to 60kph or less all in a few secs. The turns on the track are fun though. Scary/unnerving the first day when the rear tire (Tyre for our British members) of the other bike is maybe 25ft or less at times away from your front end.

Edited by Atreides

Just over a bout of flu and finally finished my motorbike rebuild project... someone stuck it in a shed for 3 years spent the last 3 months rebuilding it to go back on the road... bikes a Kawasaki ZZR1100 more speed please......................

Good for you. :yes: Ride safe.

EDIT:- 600 is enough for me. I'm a wuss.

Good for you. :yes: Ride safe.

EDIT:- 600 is enough for me. I'm a wuss.

Got a ZZR600 as well... taking it round Europe for 3 weeks this year as my mate's only on a 650 makes sense so I dont ride away from him too much...

And speed on a bike sometimes its nice to take your time and never ride beyond your limits...

Well in my case, just finishing a Microsoft course and asking to take the next one, for a Tech, the rest, napping and spending time with my Family, celebrating our triumph over Mexico (what would have to tell us mr. Faitelson, we do EXIST).

Jug spent a fine Saturday with the Jarhead family and we flew and talked flying all afternoon. Mrs Jarhead was most gracious and cooked one of the best steaks I have had in some time. A nice day with two fine parents and 4 high speed toddlers.

That made me laugh. I could just imagine how that day started.

"Good day Mrs. Jarhead, my name is Jug and I'm hear to play with Mr. Jarhead"

"No Ma'am, I did not say Jugs"

Yup. From the looks of it she still had a decent bit left in her (probably rider issues :biggrin: ) but there's only so much straight track and plus I've never ridden something that demanding physically and mentally, from 245kph got to be down to 60kph or less all in a few secs. The turns on the track are fun though. Scary/unnerving the first day when the rear tire (Tyre for our British members) of the other bike is maybe 25ft or less at times away from your front end.

Ha, ha, just brought my 1951 BMW R25/2 (12hp, 105kph :grandpa: ) to my brother (aged 75 himself) where it's going to reside the next month or so, and got myself a 1969 vintage Puch 50cc light motorbike.... Got it to something like 52kph :grin: after a whole afternoon of cleaning carburettor and exhaust system. Going back in time..time..time..

Hou doe,

Derk

Got a ZZR600 as well... taking it round Europe for 3 weeks this year as my mate's only on a 650 makes sense so I dont ride away from him too much...

Well, if you're British dont you guys have graduated C.C type of thing, as in a new rider can only rider upto a specific C.C bike ? Plus as a rider I'm just so envious of what western europeans have in terms of bikes and C.C options.

Canada and from what I've read the laws are even more lax in the U.S. In Canada you can be a new rider and get yourself a Honda CBR1000RR cause of the stupid North American mentality that bigger is better, so you have a Rossi wanna be 19 year old who goes "man 600 is so small and uncool got to have a litre bike" rides for a few months and thinks he can ride because he can ride straight and fast and utters the famous last words "Hey ! Check this out!" SPLAT. Only in the past year have we started to get the Kawi and Honda 125c.c sport look like bikes (even then thats upto the rider to choose) so our options (I learned on the Suzuki GS500F, not a sport bike by any stretch) our 125cc, 500cc, 600cc, 750cc(GSXR750),1000cc and 1300cc. I can only speak for sports or sports touring since those are the ones that grab me.

Well, if you're British dont you guys have graduated C.C type of thing, as in a new rider can only rider upto a specific C.C bike ? Plus as a rider I'm just so envious of what western europeans have in terms of bikes and C.C options.

Canada and from what I've read the laws are even more lax in the U.S. In Canada you can be a new rider and get yourself a Honda CBR1000RR cause of the stupid North American mentality that bigger is better, so you have a Rossi wanna be 19 year old who goes "man 600 is so small and uncool got to have a litre bike" rides for a few months and thinks he can ride because he can ride straight and fast and utters the famous last words "Hey ! Check this out!" SPLAT. Only in the past year have we started to get the Kawi and Honda 125c.c sport look like bikes (even then thats upto the rider to choose) so our options (I learned on the Suzuki GS500F, not a sport bike by any stretch) our 125cc, 500cc, 600cc, 750cc(GSXR750),1000cc and 1300cc. I can only speak for sports or sports touring since those are the ones that grab me.

Yeah we now have a 2 route system for your Bike licence one is graduated and if your under 21 you get to ride anything up to 33BHP and then after 21 you move up to anything that you want. Or over 21 you can do a direct access and when you have completed go out and buy a Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa... tweak it to within an inch of its life and then ride in on the road if you can get insured... When I learnt to ride I went from a 125 to a 600cc but was racing a 1994 Suzy GSXR750WT which was punting out 150BHP and good for 180mph so my transition from a 125 to a 600 roadbike wasnt too much of an issue... :ok: All I can say is keep it shiny side up and black side down...