Sign in to follow this  
Axgrinder

Axgrinder's Multiplayer Request

First of all let me say that this post is not in any way directed toward any one person that joins my OFF mp sessions. It is only some observations and general requests I would like to ask of any pilot when they join my online games.

We now have many people that Join in MP games now so we will be dealing with allot of personality types. Please be respectful of this. Please do not ridicule, chide or admonish any of the pilots in any way for their skills regarding flying or computer skills. Let's try and keep our interactions civilized.

When a session or game is starting please keep the radio chatter to a minimum until we get everyone up and running online that way we don't have to wait or try to talk over anyone if there is a problem. If you need to discuss a matter of length on something other than getting the game up and running please wait or create another channel and carry on your conversation there. If there is something that all the pilots need to know please wait until the appropriate time to relay the message over the radio.

Everyone that joins will have different levels of skill when it comes to computer hardware and software. Please be respectfull of that. We have pilots that are computer engineers and pilots that do not understand the advanced workings of hardware and software. Please do not get offended if someone offers up advice on any matter regarding computer or game problems. Everyone here does their best to solve any problems reagrding joining MP games or other computer issues that help make OFF run as smooth as possible.

When a co-op mission is run please join the appropriate side. Allied mission - join allies, and visa versa. If you are shot down and there are no friendly planes left to take, you may take an enemy aircraft if it is availlable. But please- DO NOT ENGAGE IN ACTIVE COMBAT!! - you may use the enemy aircraft to fly around and observe the mission being played, that is all. Sorry, but I don't want anymore pilots shot down by a buddy while landing their plane after a successful mission. During Team Dogfight games please chose the appropriate aircraft. It gets a little confusing when your opponent is flying the same type of aircraft as you. During Free-for-all dogfights you can of course fly what you want.

Well that's it! I hope everyone understands my reasons for these requests and will do their best to honor them. If anyone has any other MP comments or constructive suggestions that will help our growing OFF MP community remain an enjoyable, stress free experience please feel free to ad to my list.

Thanks guys! I hope to see more off you in the skies soon.

REMEMBER - AXGRINDER WANTS YOU! :minigun:

First of all let me say that this post is not in any way directed toward any one person that joins my OFF mp sessions. It is only some observations and general requests I would like to ask of any pilot when they join my online games.

We now have many people that Join in MP games now so we will be dealing with allot of personality types. Please be respectful of this. Please do not ridicule, chide or admonish any of the pilots in any way for their skills regarding flying or computer skills. Let's try and keep our interactions civilized.

When a session or game is starting please keep the radio chatter to a minimum until we get everyone up and running online that way we don't have to wait or try to talk over anyone if there is a problem. If you need to discuss a matter of length on something other than getting the game up and running please wait or create another channel and carry on your conversation there. If there is something that all the pilots need to know please wait until the appropriate time to relay the message over the radio.

Everyone that joins will have different levels of skill when it comes to computer hardware and software. Please be respectfull of that. We have pilots that are computer engineers and pilots that do not understand the advanced workings of hardware and software. Please do not get offended if someone offers up advice on any matter regarding computer or game problems. Everyone here does their best to solve any problems reagrding joining MP games or other computer issues that help make OFF run as smooth as possible.

When a co-op mission is run please join the appropriate side. Allied mission - join allies, and visa versa. If you are shot down and there are no friendly planes left to take, you may take an enemy aircraft if it is availlable. But please- DO NOT ENGAGE IN ACTIVE COMBAT!! - you may use the enemy aircraft to fly around and observe the mission being played, that is all. Sorry, but I don't want anymore pilots shot down by a buddy while landing their plane after a successful mission. During Team Dogfight games please chose the appropriate aircraft. It gets a little confusing when your opponent is flying the same type of aircraft as you. During Free-for-all dogfights you can of course fly what you want.

Well that's it! I hope everyone understands my reasons for these requests and will do their best to honor them. If anyone has any other MP comments or constructive suggestions that will help our growing OFF MP community remain an enjoyable, stress free experience please feel free to ad to my list.

Thanks guys! I hope to see more off you in the skies soon.

REMEMBER - AXGRINDER WANTS YOU! :minigun:

Makes sense to me.

This should be stickied. They're all good points. Sorry for yesterday when I grabbed up a D.VII after I crashed my camel and tried to shoot you guys up a little when you were coming back from ballon busting. Now that I know better I'd be happy to adhere to your request.

-Rooster

This should be stickied. They're all good points. Sorry for yesterday when I grabbed up a D.VII after I crashed my camel and tried to shoot you guys up a little when you were coming back from ballon busting. Now that I know better I'd be happy to adhere to your request.

-Rooster

lol... rooster,,,i do that ALL the time...i mean,,,damn,,i beats just sitting inna chair and listening to everyone talk.,..

But good points ax...

We are not a "strict" group by any means,,,and its still more important to us to get a new player up and running than it is to start a session,,just need everyone to understand with everyones cooperation in some areas...things will go smoother,,,

well done axe!!!

you have to run your game with rules and regulations or the fun will soon go out of it. being a host is a huge responsibility to keep it both interesting and keeping the players in check,an ongoing and important part of online play.the sessions will soon deteriorate to a meaningless free for all as a ship without a captain is a ship in trouble. as you well know i am a bit of a dictator in my sessions but i know that ''the boy's'' know and appreciate the structured sessions are for the good of all and i indeed have their well being in mind as they well know.

i would suggest that each host have their own way they wish to run their sessions posting too their exspectations and make them public knowledge such as you have done here.

PD

Good rules Axe. PD is right, you have to control your missions.

GB

Yes, good points Ax, and as a fantastic host (very patient and helpful to get as many ppl online MP as poss), you know better than most what makes/breaks the fun.

As Rooster said, sorry for shooting at ya when I respawned in an enemy plane. I did peel off and crash whilst trying to do some aerobatics tho before any proper damage was dealt :)

I also feel particularly guilty cos all I did was Die on saturday and can well imagine the scoffs of my teammates - but throughly deserved cos i flew utterly crap!

still had a good time tho :)

Never slagged anyone off myself, and will never do. It is a game, right?

Edited by Balalaika

I certainly support a set "Multiplayer Manners" type of guidelines. Having said that, I think its also fair to say that whoever HOSTS a mission is the one that should probably set the "rules" as it were.

For example, when I host a Mission, I normally don't mind if a respawned player comes back as an enemy fighter and want's to get into the thick of things (depending on the mission), but they certainly shouldn't do so if this had been initially stated as being prohibited

I think that that once we get a new set of enhanced and more balanced MP Missions, this will be less of a problem as the various flights will make more sense and be more accurately located and have their own mission assignements that need to be carried out.

Until this time that we all have access to new Missions, I think that Ax is right and that people should pay attention to what the Host says is "Okay or Not".

Madmatt

How many players can the missions have? I mean whats the limit?

GB

We have had hosted Missions that had 10 people on at once already. I think CFS3MP has a hardlimit of 16 players, but to be honest, I am not positive if even that is the upper limit, it could be higher.

Madmatt

lol...well...why dont we make an effort to get around 20 ppl on at once,,,and see if we all get a plane,,,,

whats the name of that game,,,,,u know,,when the music stops,,,everyone dives for a chair???

We have had hosted Missions that had 10 people on at once already. I think CFS3MP has a hardlimit of 16 players, but to be honest, I am not positive if even that is the upper limit, it could be higher.

Madmatt

I'm sure PD could tell you.

Just a suggestion, but I would make mission to have the max number so that when a player dies and respawns he has a better chance getting back in on the correct side.

cheers

GB

I certainly support a set "Multiplayer Manners" type of guidelines. Having said that, I think its also fair to say that whoever HOSTS a mission is the one that should probably set the "rules" as it were.

For example, when I host a Mission, I normally don't mind if a respawned player comes back as an enemy fighter and want's to get into the thick of things (depending on the mission), but they certainly shouldn't do so if this had been initially stated as being prohibited

I think that that once we get a new set of enhanced and more balanced MP Missions, this will be less of a problem as the various flights will make more sense and be more accurately located and have their own mission assignements that need to be carried out.

Until this time that we all have access to new Missions, I think that Ax is right and that people should pay attention to what the Host says is "Okay or Not".

Madmatt

That's why it says Axgrinder's requests for MP. I can't tell other people how to host their own missions. But when I host I hope people honor my requests, and I believe they will.

I'm sure PD could tell you.

Just a suggestion, but I would make mission to have the max number so that when a player dies and respawns he has a better chance getting back in on the correct side.

cheers

GB

16 player max guys.

PD