Thanks for the encouraging words, most of the visuals are made possible by you fellow modders :good:

So, working on placing a few SAM sites, this one is on top of Karaburun, at 1100m height.

It's a Nike Hercules (by Erikgen and Fubar512) battery, looking west to the open Aegean, from the boot shaped land near Izmir.

Development is on SF2:E right now and the missiles work as advertised, firing one by one, within own parameters.

A few things to consider though, when I fly sead on the HAF side, I don't get anything on the RWR, while the SAM site opens up on me. Tried stock F-4s and a few more addon plane, perhaps I should check the RWR definitions..

The Nike Radar should be covering 360 as its on a 2x2 flat spot, the highest point there. How efective it is we'll see, Nikes are long range high altitude so easy to beat I guess if you're headed towards it. But if dogfighting near it could be a suprise..?

Another thing I noticed, my wingman takes matters in his own hand, telling me he's got a spike and goes after the site on his own :)

I placed a few AAA around the hilltop, but first they didn't show up, I had to change the dates, SF2:E didnt cover after year 2000, that reminds me, what would be suitable AA platforms around here, any suggestions?

After this it's down to Crete and Nemfi Range, placing Hawks at Souda Bay.

post-30257-1245157235_thumb.jpg

post-30257-1245157484_thumb.jpg

You GOTTA love Google Earth! My absolute favorite resource for "finding things" for terrain creation.

I'm assuming (oh! that word!) the "start and end of time'' can be edited the same in the NextGen series as in Classic Series; looking at the Options ini in the /mydocs/this that the other/ shows the same type of listing in the single, etc mission.

I'm going to assume (oh! that word again!), that the SingleMission.ini, which would need extracting from one of the FLight cats, would be the same as well to adjust the start/end years.

as to AAA, it all depend on, obvoiusly the country. If say, Turkey and Greece, both being NATO members would have the same types of systems; no problems. But for gaming purposes, are now on opposite side, one would need to create -yet again- nationalized copies of certain types of weapons/weapon systems as used by both sides. Had to do this for the Indo-Pak mod -- both sides use the Bofors 40mm, but it's only set as "friendly". Same for the Chinese SA-2/HQ-2 the Pakistanis are using; these are now "friendly" One could concievebly set it's nationname as GENERIC, but that's taking a chance. So, create a nationalized version. This would need doing for ALL systems, shared or otherwise.

So, if you wanted Greek S-300 SAMS, you'd need to create copies of the launchers and asociated radars etc, with GREECE as the nation name. Same is definatly said for Turkish NIKE batteries; I don't think the missiles themselves would need changing, IIRC, they don't have an attachmenttype/nation name in the weaponsdatat ini.

Obviously, they'd need their own, specific entries in BOTH the targets and types inis.

wrench

kevin stein

Just so you guys know, this map, really is big. I think it even goes as far north as southern Serbia and Bulgaria.

Anyone know what a typical Jupiter IRBM site looked like?

And the terrain does work in WOE. I'm 06 patched and it still looks great.

That is good to hear, as I've still kept WOE and waiting until SF2:E is "mature" enough for me to consider switching over.... Definitely interested in this terrain...

Found this:

http://www.redstone.army.mil/history/syste...r/chapter1.html

and this:

http://www.hlswilliwaw.com/Turkey/html/Jup...issiles-Pg1.htm

it seems VERY similiar to the Atlas laucnch site configurations

This for Atlas systems:

http://www.atlasmissilesilo.com/

hope this helps!

wrench

kevin stein

My TuAF F-16 Blk30 can be part of the any anatolian campagin,İf you want... There is some little works for her. Maybe I could upload her in 2 weeks.

TuAF F-35A

TuAF RF-4

TuAF F-4E

TuAF C-130

TuAF Ah-1w

and TuAF F-5 skins are on way. Again Two weeks... :biggrin:

Wrench;

For SF2:E, both Start/EndYear are set to zero.

The problem is AAA groundobjects, M113, M55, tanks, etc. , most of them expire in the 80s and 90s. Friendlies had zero air defenses, enemy had shilkas everywhere. So I had go in there and set the dates.

I got Turkey set as friendly and Greece as enemy. This seemed logical, design wise, because they use more Soviet equipment, Turkey has none (except helos maybe)

You're right, some objects and weapons will need editing. I just made a test mission, the objects defined in the types.ini will work both for enemy and friendly. Example the hawk sites and a Meko200 Frigate. As longs as the weapons they use are exported and the export dates cover the current time, they will fire on any opponent..

So it's only necessary to create duplicates for generic sam and aaa, trucks etc.. and of course aircraft :) But that can be done in a campaign perhaps, and only the needed object.ini files would come w/ the terrain. I'm already listing the mods needed, compiling a readme, before it gets out of hand.

Eric, I'm testing inside an SF2:E install but only the .fx definitions need to be changed in the terrain_data.ini for it to work in WOE. JA37_Viggen is adding some goodies and runs it fine, I decided to continue on 2nd gen., that seems to be the flow ;)

Edited by pureblue

Mailbox checked and answered. 3th pic is an after accident:)

Edited by eankhilous

Quality time with good old TE and almighty Gimp.

After all, does this look anything close to Athens yet? :dntknw:

I gotta fill that place up with ships! I wish we had some alternative GERMANYCE_SC25* tiles, maybe Stary is cooking some for the repaint :clapping:

img00030-1.jpg

img00031.jpg

Mechanized Army Bases are springing up like mushrooms. (Wrench magic at work again)

img00003-1.jpg

I got almost all the Turkish Jet Bases where I want (Some interesting takeoff & landing opportunities)

Slowly moving on to last HAF fields on the map. Then on to rest of the good stuff.. I'm thinking sub pens at naval bases :good:

Flying missions is fun already :haha:

th_img00012.jpg

O RLY? That is good to hear :smile:

O RLY? That is good to hear :smile:

:biggrin: Just some wicked humor attempt, after hours of terrain modding. & Trying to write some progress with crossed eyes :blink:

That airfield, Elefsis has 500-600m hills just north of it, I tried to smoothly transition from those to the tarmac and coast, working pixel by pixel. Today I'll give that sub pen a try in 3ds, need to read up on collision boxes. Hopeless really, I dont know how I came up with the idea :biggrin:

Well it'd be a definite treat for some new (and hopefully lots) target sets. It'd be interesting to see how that works out...

Umut, I guess this is for SF2:E

Which tile set are you planning to use?

anatolia is not as arid as one would be thinking.. (there are pletny of forests, i know that all too well.), but maybe Ca stary's Autumn woe is too cold and "german" don't you think? Not to mention Greece..(that is not too arid as well). Maybe spring or summer WOE's tilesets would be better?

I am not being nitpicking, I just would like your opinion.

Actually since the CL215 is coming closer and closer, I can't wait to mod the terrain to relive the RL firefighting campaigns of 06, 07 08. Firefighitng campaing of 2009, sadly,, :skull: :crutch00: will be only for SFP, due to .. well you 've :bad: read my pm, about the reasons why.

Oh and I am expecting bridges in Istanbul, of course. I wasn't allowed to fly underneath them RT, I want to do that in the least in SFP

Edited by Canadair

Hi Gabriel,

I think all terrains could be used for either generations of the game. The only things necessary are a few parameter changes in the terrain_data.ini, which are the .fx callouts (shaders). I already have a small WOx compatibility folder to overwrite the needed files if you're running in the classic series. So no worries there ;)

Deciding on a suitable tileset was very tough. I mean so many good looking textures out there. I had tried cooking some of my own but that was taking too long, so had to make a decision quick. Or the project wasn't going anywhere. And once you choose you can't really do a major tileset change. 4 season is great, but I thought the Summer looked too green, I had all the seasons in there first couple of months. Everytime I flew a test mission, it was a long cruise if in Autumn :biggrin: and the rest of them bothered me for some reason :dntknw:

Now I bet you can still switch between seasons, I haven't tried for a while, and since I have manually placed a lot of places and coastal tiles, don't know how it would look. It was a comprimise after all, there are places on the map, that you would use the madagascar tiles (beautiful btw) or places that the coastal desert set would look good. Combining them would rock but be way much complex to tackle.

Well fly it some and see for yourself, it looks pretty good and we'll see how it can be improved; I want to add a few more tiles, for small islands and sea side towns, which I can go around and manually place..

And yeah the bridges I can try to model, but I didn't get to Istanbul yet. And I'm scared to :biggrin: , don't want to get boged down, because the way it is, it can't look like flight simulator;

A few Landmarks would look so cool, but whats my ability/capacity, this is some huge project already.. :biggrin:

we'll see time permitting..

Yeah can't wait for your firefighting ops , I already have some of your lakes set up, go in low and scoop some up eh? Now thats gonna be awesome!

You'll find an already built U-boat pen (with docked sub inside!!) in the WW2 Euro terrain; Gepard has an outstanding suspension bridge (think Oakland Bay bridge), from his Isreal2 iirc -and it's used in the SoCal map AS the Oakland Bay bridge

It may not be long enough to cross the Bosporus (sp??), and it dosen't quite reach the ground on the ends, but it's workable

Plus the 3 types of bridges from WoV -- easily importable to any terrain. I should know; I've already done it. They're all over the India/Pak terrain crossing various and sundry rivers

wrench

kevin stein

You'll find an already built U-boat pen (with docked sub inside!!) in the WW2 Euro terrain; Gepard has an outstanding suspension bridge (think Oakland Bay bridge), from his Isreal2 iirc -and it's used in the SoCal map AS the Oakland Bay bridge

It may not be long enough to cross the Bosporus (sp??), and it dosen't quite reach the ground on the ends, but it's workable

Plus the 3 types of bridges from WoV -- easily importable to any terrain. I should know; I've already done it. They're all over the India/Pak terrain crossing various and sundry rivers

wrench

kevin stein

Well this is what I meant,,mayve gettign somethign from other terrains. And Isyanbul and yesilkoy is a must.

And all the hotties at discos on the bosphorus

Umut, of course that won't be FSX, who cares. That is not the aim of the terrain I guess, and whover comapres it FSX is an idiot.

Actually thanks a lot for reviving this project

As for the tiles, I agree with you. What happes is that anatolia is so varied as landscapes that none of the exisiting tiles can do jusctice.

Sigh I MISS turkey

Yeah Kevin, that UBoat Pens are awesome! And the bridge is long enough I think. Gepard did some beautiful models, addon terrains need exploring, just learned about these..

Here's my shot at Aksaz Naval Base, HQ Southern Command. Still a WIP, needs defenses, and logistical vehicles.. Perhaps a small Helicopter pad to take off from.. :biggrin: I wish we had a "VERY_SMALL" airfield size for these situations..

img00035.jpg

As I aspected the Turkish Strait is growin'up in the meaning of your scenario, but...we'll need for more, many more ship around in the Black Sea............Don't forget....that is an airlandsea scenario...with Anphibian operations too........

Some Zubr Hovercrafts and Capital ship from the Black Sea Fleet we'll need......so.....This is a call for many modder to give a look to their plans to increase the WoX Fleets...

Tell me if i'm wrong or right......

Mau.

OM my god the naval base!.. perfect Umut!

After the bridges..you know I am going to ask now for place a lighthouse at Rumelifeneri, and castles at rumelihisari and anadolou kavagi. (there are some castles in the UK terrain..)

OM my god the naval base!.. perfect Umut!

After the bridges..you know I am going to ask now for place a lighthouse at Rumelifeneri, and castles at rumelihisari and anadolou kavagi. (there are some castles in the UK terrain..)

i'd like to put in the wishlist also some eye candys such as parthenon and Hagia Sophia :biggrin:

Edited by Silverbolt

-................and Hagia Sophia :biggrin:

actually,, there is that kebab place in yesilkoy.. and as I said before DISCOS on the bosphurs! :crazy:

actually,, there is that kebab place in yesilkoy.. and as I said before DISCOS on the bosphurs! :crazy:

oh, in effect it could be "funny" to fly in Tight formation a '104 flight under the Bosphorus Bridge............WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spillone104 could imitate the sound better than me....

Anyway what about that Primary Target that you can see on top of the hill...

LORAN etcc...........i guess

bosphorusbridgephoto.th.jpg

Thats all communication/broadcast antennas. But still there are 4 different missile sites in a 50km radius.

I'll try the bridges and the kebap shop tonight :biggrin: Don't know how I'm gonna get the Bosphorus, rolling hills and the bridges to look right. Still we be flying under it!

Other than that, I think I might have overdone the Naval Base, you go in and it's like stirring a hornets nest. Pretty intense stuff :biggrin:

Keep the requests coming guys, and if you want to jump in and create a target area, I'll add that to the map too :good:

Nice looking stuff... S-300 sites perhaps? Not sure how many they got, but it'd be a nice change from innefectual SA-2 sites. But really makes me want to put in the request for beta tester... :smile:

Seriously it's looking beautiful... The response once I saw the sub pen was "oh nice" You can put helo pads around, as Wrench said they should be lurking about, if not from his Range Upgrade files for the Range map.

oh, in effect it could be "funny" to fly in Tight formation a '104 flight under the Bosphorus Bridge............WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spillone104 could imitate the sound better than me....

Anyway what about that Primary Target that you can see on top of the hill...

LORAN etcc...........i guess

Oh yes the antenna set.. how could I forget that!

Excellent Umut. This Anatolia scenario is making the bitter situation of not being in Istanbul this year a little bit sweeter

*cries in nostalgy and mhelanclny*

Once you see Dawn and Sunset on the Bosphorus, you'll never forgrt that