Sign in to follow this  
Pappy55

Greetings

Hello all..

I found out about O.F.F by accident. I must say it looks amazing. I have always loved WWI Sims.

I started with Knights of the Sky and WINGS back on the Amiga 500 then when I got a PC I had Dawn Patrol and soon got Flying Corps and then got hold of Red Baron 2.

Just something about old wood and canvas planes. I guess when I was given a ride in a Tiger Moth years ago this made me just love Bi-planes seriously wearing a helmet and goggles with the wind in your face is amazing.

Anyway back on topic. I am seriously trying to get hold of CFS 3 now I am in a war on ebay trying to get a copy with OFF included :)

When I get both and ready to join the 20 minuiters .I am thinking of flying as/for French, I was nearly always German Air Service in Red Baron 2. I might even fly in the Lafayette Escadrille.

Its so good to find a good ww1 sim. I have been looking at the progress on Rise of Flight (formally Knights of the Sky) as awesome as it looks with visible hand signals and truly amazing physics modelling flight and damage, the lack of aircraft and having a static campaign kill it for me.

Anyway I cant wait to get hold of CFS3 and OFF and hunt the skies again.. for up to 20 minutes at least :)

Welcome aboard Pappy, know you will love it here,,,sounds like you're going to fit right in...

Be sure that copy of OFF on ebay is legit,,and is BHAH (off3) off2 is free.....

Pappy,

Hope you have a seamless transition. Unlike RB or the other games you mentioned, you'll have to set up OFF. It concerned me at first, but don't worry, its easier than it looks/seems.

If I might make a suggestion, you could begin just like I did. You should check out ALL the sticky threads at the top of "General Discussion" and "General Help" forums. There you will see invaluable guides to almost every question you can have about this game.

Once you get a hold of it, if you have any trouble at all, come here and post your question. The very helpful and very friendly people here will assist you.

Welcome Pappy, and ENJOY!

I started with Knights of the Sky and WINGS back on the Amiga 500 then when I got a PC I had Dawn Patrol and soon got Flying Corps and then got hold of Red Baron 2.

So, a newcomer to WWI simulations. I was doing Wings on my Amiga 1000 before there was an Amiga 500 (actually, before they called it a 1000). Seriously, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy OFF as much as I have.

But here's a shot for old times' sake:

post-45761-1245121524_thumb.jpg

Edited by NS13Jarhead

Greetings Pappy...welcome to the Ops Room!

You have followed the same route with WW1 sims as most of us here by the looks of things....(Wings on the Amiga..ah yes!...great days indeed!)

But.... BHaH is not wings..or indeed quite like anything you have flown before!....This is something more akin to a Time Machine!!!!

I note that you don't fly for the RFC very often?.... With the aircraft found in OFF..I beseech you to change that habit!.... You will miss out enormously!

Start a pilot for the Germans, British, French and Americans...and fly ALL the aircraft!... You will blow ya own socks off!!

Anyway..enough of my over enthusiasm...welcome again, and good luck with the bidding!

Welcome, Pappy. Say Farewell to Free Time, 'cause OFF is going to consume it. It is such a great simulator that you have to experience it personally to get a good understanding why we love it so much. :good:

Ah, Wings! I must've broken a couple of Amiga joysticks playing that classic back then... but even then it wasn't much of a simulator, but rather an action game with great graphics, sound, music, playability and storyline.

Ah, Wings! I must've broken a couple of Amiga joysticks playing that classic back then... but even then it wasn't much of a simulator, but rather an action game with great graphics, sound, music, playability and storyline.

Absolutely!...I found it totally enthralling at the time.... it's scary looking back on it..cos at the time, we thought the Graphics were stunning!..how quickly technology moves forwards!

Hello all..

I found out about O.F.F by accident. I must say it looks amazing. I have always loved WWI Sims.

Just something about old wood and canvas planes. I guess when I was given a ride in a Tiger Moth years ago this made me just love Bi-planes seriously wearing a helmet and goggles with the wind in your face is amazing.

Anyway back on topic. I am seriously trying to get hold of CFS 3 now I am in a war on ebay trying to get a copy with OFF included :)

When I get both and ready to join the 20 minuiters .I am thinking of flying as/for French, I was nearly always German Air Service in Red Baron 2. I might even fly in the Lafayette Escadrille.

Its so good to find a good ww1 sim. I have been looking at the progress on Rise of Flight (formally Knights of the Sky) as awesome as it looks with visible hand signals and truly amazing physics modelling flight and damage, the lack of aircraft and having a static campaign kill it for me.

Anyway I cant wait to get hold of CFS3 and OFF and hunt the skies again.. for up to 20 minutes at least :)

If you are buying on e-bay please ask for the original Avangate order number.

This will do two things, one enable you to have online support via our support e-mail system, and two will verify if the copy is legit.

Ta

WM

I note that you don't fly for the RFC very often?.... With the aircraft found in OFF..I beseech you to change that habit!.... You will miss out enormously!

I most Likley will since I love the SE5a, I also like teh Sopwith series..

I am mostly looking forward to the Campaign and uncertainty of the sortie. I can imagine it.. There is me thre on my first patrol just about to turn and head home when I see a German squderon come out the clouds.. then I unervingly notise a scarlet DR1 or Albertross leading them.. one word will come insantly to mind.. (clue it rhymes with duck) yep that will be about my luck..

I have insanly happy memories playing Red Baron 2. I never did play as French or American so for my frirst pilot I may well go Lafayette Escadrille nas a Yank volenteer. Can this be done?

Welcome to skies of Flanders, Pappy - a lot of us got here by the same flight path as yours. You're gonna love this. And never mind Richthofen & the boys... the flack will scare you. Ground fire will scare you. In some cases your plane will scare you. Hell, even clouds will give you the green willies. Strap on that helmet, this one's gonna put you right in the cockpit.

CW

I most Likley will since I love the SE5a, I also like teh Sopwith series..

I am mostly looking forward to the Campaign and uncertainty of the sortie. I can imagine it.. There is me thre on my first patrol just about to turn and head home when I see a German squderon come out the clouds.. then I unervingly notise a scarlet DR1 or Albertross leading them.. one word will come insantly to mind.. (clue it rhymes with duck) yep that will be about my luck..

I have insanly happy memories playing Red Baron 2. I never did play as French or American so for my frirst pilot I may well go Lafayette Escadrille nas a Yank volenteer. Can this be done?

You can most definitely enlist as a member of the Lafayette Escadrille! I've done it.

FRAK YEAH!!! Won the auction..

CFS 3 and O.F.F BHAH on their way :)

Now just to get my X52 back from my friend and install my Track IR

*cue dramatic emorional music from the final sortie in Flyboys..which is also the launch music in Armageddon*

(love that piece of music)

Twenty Minuiters here I come..hmm is it too late to join the womens axulliary ballon corps?

Good for you. You're gonna love it. And welcome to the forum. Let us know what you think of BH&H when you get the chance. Thanks for sparking happy memories of Wings and the other old games.