Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

UPDATE - v1.0 Ready! - Upgrade WOV Ground War Enhancement to SF2:V...

I've got a strange transparency issue flying low near the jungle,just dragand drop the terrain as is,tried in both high and unlimited settings,is it caused by the resized trees?is it possible using the normal stary ones?

post-26946-1249051176_thumb.jpg

Maybe this explains well what happens

Hmmm...

Can you try just GH2 and see if that works for you? If so, then we know it's something I did... although, I didn't really change much. I added the re-scaled trees, and made some changes to the vietnamSEA_data.ini file to get best performance for my system.

Edited by malibu43

tried,all is shimmering,missing textured and trees looks like x without any transparency

Try making this change in vietnamSEA_data.ini to get rid of the shimmering trees:

[AlphaObjectTextureMaterial]

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA <---- was BLEND_DST_ALPHA

See if that helps. And when you say missing textures, do you mean terrain tiles? Did you install Brian32's VietnamSEA repaint when you did a fresh GH2 install?

What i've did:

Extract the VietnamSEA.cat from the root game with new .cat extractor and have the VietnamSEA folder,than unzipped and add all the Brain32 tileset into,than added the GH2 and then the Hi-rez folder inside like the Readme says (done thousand times and ever worked on YAP too)

and I've lost all the .tga transparency!Is related with the heightmap?

tried your trick but it looks like the same of the beginning screenshot plust large sea areas shimmering!

X RAY,

Could you post here [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] section from your VietnamSEA_data.ini?

looks like it's the settings, also make sure you use C5's fixed data for SF2V

X RAY,

Could you post here [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] section from your VietnamSEA_data.ini?

looks like it's the settings, also make sure you use C5's fixed data for SF2V

well,...no i don't have C5 fix where can I find it?

well,...no i don't have C5 fix where can I find it?

However, I believe these were already included in the all-in-one package.

There are some good SPAD fixes in that thread that I sould add, though...

Edited by malibu43

EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE

CullMode=NO_CULL

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

ZBufferOffset=2.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE_BLEND_TEXTURE_ALPHA

tried the new C5 DATA plus airbases fix,goes better but the excessive transparency on trees remains tried with widesky and new Orsin widesky both with and without C5 Envirofix

X RAY try this:

AlphaTestEnabled=FALSE

change to

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

should work ok

mmm...notice nothing

examples:

this is SF2V with this entry change as above and C5 data etc....

post-26946-1249088688_thumb.jpg

post-26946-1249088668_thumb.jpg

this is what I like to do,like my standard GH2 install for WoV 06

post-26946-1249088828_thumb.jpg

post-26946-1249088876_thumb.jpg

post-26946-1249088901_thumb.jpg

look how the jungle looks different,in 06 seems that you don't see trough,in SF2E yes look at the clouds

mmm...notice nothing

examples:

this is SF2V with this entry change as above and C5 data etc....

this is what I like to do,like my standard GH2 install for WoV 06

look how the jungle looks different,in 06 seems that you don't see trough,in SF2E yes look at the clouds

The problem is, TK once again changed something in the textures with alpha channel (transparency) rendering in new series. Was working ok in older titles and First Eagles.

Try these settings

//EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=FALSE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=NO_CULL

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

ZBufferOffset=2.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE

or these:

//EffectShaderName=terAlphaObject.fx

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=NO_CULL

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=FALSE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

ZBufferOffset=2.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_DST_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=1

TextureStage[01].MipMap=FALSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE

first settings seems quite better but:

post-26946-1249124105_thumb.jpg

second settings give no transparency at all:

post-26946-1249124182_thumb.jpg

Not to detract from the GH2 discussion, but...

For v2.0 we're interested in adding more new target areas (in addition to all the base areas and VC camps originally created by TeTeT). I'm thinking small docks/depots w/ Sampans to go next to rivers, VC supply depots, rail depots, or any other target areas that would be appropriate for North or South Vietnam. These would be target areas, that we could "drop" into various locations on the map to increase mission variability.

If anyones interested in putting any of these things together, post here or PM me!

Thanks.

Did you have added Tannethal Air Bases too?

Not to detract from the GH2 discussion, but...

For v2.0 we're interested in adding more new target areas (in addition to all the base areas and VC camps originally created by TeTeT). I'm thinking small docks/depots w/ Sampans to go next to rivers, VC supply depots, rail depots, or any other target areas that would be appropriate for North or South Vietnam. These would be target areas, that we could "drop" into various locations on the map to increase mission variability.

If anyones interested in putting any of these things together, post here or PM me!

Thanks.

That would be excellent ! Wish i could help but right now i'm lucky if i get a hour of flying time per 3 days.

An update to the old Tet Offensive campaign would be good too. This campaign has helicopters!

An update to the old Tet Offensive campaign would be good too. This campaign has helicopters!

We're looking into that. One thing is that I don't want to require anything that isn't free from CA. Plus, in general, I'm not that big of a fan of Helos in the TW series. To me they feel like flying a slow fixed wing aircraft with a Helo cockpit and weapons. But we'll see...

Also, the reality is, with the way I've been able to get strategic nodes to work in campaigns, the Tet campaign would probably be identical to the Steel Tiger and Easter Offensive campaigns (with regards to the ground war). Just different aircraft units available to fly. If that's the case, I don't know if all the work on the campaign is really worth while. Users might get just as much enjoyment using the single mission generator.

We'll see though...

I agree with you. I don't like very much the FM of some helos, but flying in South Vietnam in your Spad and seeing some helos making a mission next to you rises the inmersion to the top in my book.......If there was a helo war, it was Vietnam.

In the current version of Tet I have upped the supplies for the North Vietnamese, and lowered the need of supply for offensive. They are more aggesive now, but came only from the North.

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning....

Would it be feasible to add suspected targets like truck parks and weapons caches? I was thinking of (invisible) objects placed randomly among the trees, maybe near the truck routes, with low target values and no secondary explosions when destroyed.

Edited by wilco

How about making the actual Ho Chi Minh trail? Vietnam terrain could be loaded up in Terrain Editor, and a route could be built with road tiles. Of course this wouldn't be easy, perhaps some target areas need to be moved, and definetly lots of testing and time needed. But think about it, a few new tiles with dirt roads and a canopy of trees above it, with hidden weapons caches at crossroads and river crossings. Now then you could arrange the terrain_targets.ini to have targets appear/disappear at certain dates to simulate random traffic or historical large shipment convoys... etc. etc.

I know there has been some Ho Chi Minh trail mods, but not with an actual dirt road network.

This might be something I'll try after I'm done with the other terrain project. But if any brave soul wants to go ahead and give it a shot, I'll be sure assist in any way.

How about making the actual Ho Chi Minh trail? Vietnam terrain could be loaded up in Terrain Editor, and a route could be built with road tiles. Of course this wouldn't be easy, perhaps some target areas need to be moved, and definetly lots of testing and time needed. But think about it, a few new tiles with dirt roads and a canopy of trees above it, with hidden weapons caches at crossroads and river crossings. Now then you could arrange the terrain_targets.ini to have targets appear/disappear at certain dates to simulate random traffic or historical large shipment convoys... etc. etc.

I know there has been some Ho Chi Minh trail mods, but not with an actual dirt road network.

This might be something I'll try after I'm done with the other terrain project. But if any brave soul wants to go ahead and give it a shot, I'll be sure assist in any way.

That would be great!

There are already some VC and NVA bases in the new target areas, and I got a "truck park" target area from TeTeT that will be included as well. I found that the mission builder (I can't remember which one) actually works pretty well for getting the "overall picture" for where all these bases are on the map. It would be great if you could take this into acccount and build the network of roads around some of those pre-existing target areas. Then if you just also added random roads and forks into other places, we can build additional target areas around those as well.

I think the most challenging thing (but great for realism) would be to have the roads follow valleys in a natural way and wind their way through out the map.

Edited by malibu43

Has anyone encountered the problem with the B-57G campaign.... if you exit it mid campaign and try fly it again you end up flyin Corsairs from the middle of the ocean... no carriers just the middle of th ocean...