Sign in to follow this  
Winston DoRight

28 June Sunday Early Birds success!

We had a great turnout, Burning Beard, Dudley, Franz, Vasco, von Baur, Joker, Alpha8, sitting duck and myself, with apologies to anyone I've missed. Special thanks to Vasco for hosting his converted campaign missions, of which we flew many today in coop action. Truly the most fun you can have while keeping your clothes on!

I'll be hosting more of these "Early Bird" Sunday sessions, intended to attract our European pilots by making the mission time "early" for the USA players so it's early evening in Europe. Check the MP calendar at: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?act=calendar

Look at the bottom of the page in the center where it says "Calendar Jump" and simply change the pulldown from "Community Calendar" to "Over Flanders Fields Multi-player" and press "Go". I'll not be posting my sessions as a topics here anymore to keep the board cleaner looking, you'll have to check the calendar.

Congratulations to Dudley for top score in the final mission of today.... the Team Dogfight.

So if I've neglected to mention you, if you were a player today, please add your name with a reply here. I'm tossing about the idea of offering a monthly prize to the person who excells in "Early Birds" coop missions and dogfights.

It was great fun, but I was hoping it was "Early Birds" you know like 1915/1916, lol. I look forward to more sessions.

Beard

I can set up campaign missions for any period you like,

Do you all fancy flying for the British over two days during Bloody April next Sunday? :rolleyes:

Let me know.

Edited by Vasco

Do you all fancy flying for the British over two days during Bloody April next Sunday? :rolleyes:

Let me know.

I hope you will be posting these missions for download so others can host them when you are not able.

cool!

whats the prize???

I have two in mind, a framed P-51 over the Dover cliffs with a full cockpit photo, and a WWI color aircraft photo book. I'll take pics later when I get my camera back and post them.

Let me know.

That sounds like fun and pretty sure I can make.

Beard

Let me know.

Count me in!

Ummmm, I'm pretty sure the British took it on the chin during Blody April. Probably better life expectancy flying Hun.

Just joshing. God (and my internet connection) willing, I'll be there.

Is there a tutorial/instructions anywhere for saving a campaign mission as a MP mission to be played later?

Thanks!

GaryR,

Not that I've found, but as that's how I'm creating the online campaigns I'll tell you how I do it:

1. Start offline campaign in OFF

2. Fly mission (or start the mission up and exit while still on the ground

3. Exit OFF

4. Locate the file entitled "OFF_Camp_Mission.xml" in the OBDSoftware/CFSWWI Over Flanders Fields/missions/historical folder

5. Copy file and paste it into the OBDSoftware/CFSWWI Over Flanders Fields/missions/training folder

6. Rename file using any format you like - I use <Squadron Name><Date/Time>. For the date and time I open the OFF_Camp_Mission.xml file with Notepad and copy the date/time from the header text

7. Open the file in the Over Flanders Fields Mission Builder

8. The opening screen should show the players flight - make any tweaks you want to make to the mission here. I usually enable all the aircraft on the players side flyable by choosing the version with the '*' at the end of its name (these aircraft have cockpits)

9. Save mission, invite friends and run it in MP

You can create an entire MP campaign in this fashion by flying missions in an offline campaign and editing the mission file as described above.

Simple! :good:

GaryR,

Not that I've found, but as that's how I'm creating the online campaigns I'll tell you how I do it:

1. Start offline campaign in OFF

2. Fly mission (or start the mission up and exit while still on the ground

3. Exit OFF

4. Locate the file entitled "OFF_Camp_Mission.xml" in the OBDSoftware/CFSWWI Over Flanders Fields/missions/historical folder

5. Copy file and paste it into the OBDSoftware/CFSWWI Over Flanders Fields/missions/training folder

6. Rename file using any format you like - I use <Squadron Name><Date/Time>. For the date and time I open the OFF_Camp_Mission.xml file with Notepad and copy the date/time from the header text

7. Open the file in the Over Flanders Fields Mission Builder

8. The opening screen should show the players flight - make any tweaks you want to make to the mission here. I usually enable all the aircraft on the players side flyable by choosing the version with the '*' at the end of its name (these aircraft have cockpits)

9. Save mission, invite friends and run it in MP

You can create an entire MP campaign in this fashion by flying missions in an offline campaign and editing the mission file as described above.

Simple! :good:

Thanks Vasco, that looks like a tutorial to me!

:biggrin:

This works neat, just tried it. Admittedly there wasn't anybody else there when I was flying, but it surely seemed to work, no fuss, no muss.

Thanks,

Beard