Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Updating Older Planes to SF2 Standards

If they are not taken yet, I'll do the conversions on the Super Etendard, the Gnat and the Ajeet.

A while ago Storm was working on the RA-5C, but there was some problem with the file and it never re-appeared. If Storm is busy with other projects, I've already done the A-5A and could probably bang out the RA-5C quickly. Let me know if I can help out.

He has the RA-5C covered still, so no worries.

You need to ask Marcfigthers about the Gnat and Ajeet.

I'm still waiting for Marcfighter's OK on the Gnat and the Ajeet. I'll do the conversion on the F-9J while I'm waiting.

I'm still waiting for Marcfighter's OK on the Gnat and the Ajeet. I'll do the conversion on the F-9J while I'm waiting.

For the F-9J, dump the old skins and add these.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1252

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1249

Volks did these for me years ago and are head and shoulders better than the default ones.

The F-9J is uploaded, so is C5 doing Boopidoo's Su-15TM for NF4+. If not, I'll take care of it.

How about posting a list of as yet unconverted SF1 models. It looks like everything from the list Dave put together earlier in this thread has been either finished or claimed.

The only problem with that suggestion (which is a good one) is it would be a mighty long list....

A reminder to folks, make sure you follow Dave's checklist...take advantage of those new features (especially for RWR and radar equipped aircraft). User lists are important too...the more restrictive it is, the more realistic aircraft you'll see in theatre for single missions.

Quick update to the SF2 conversion:

F-5F - 95% done, just need avionics tweaks for F-5F radar/RWR entries.

F-15 series - Most models complete in MAX and exported, just need ini tweaks for each particular variant...and the F-15E pit is sweet...

Other stuff is SF2 native and doesn't belong in this thread.

FC

First of all:

F-15 series - Most models complete in MAX and exported, just need ini tweaks for each particular variant...and the F-15E pit is sweet...

That is super,super, super cool, I know I get all girly when we talk F-15 but I can't help it :biggrin:

Second I would just like to add that if the plane has only one user and is set as not exported(for example F-117,F-22 etc..) there's no need for userlist.ini, I saw people doing that, not that it bothers me, I'm just pointing out that it's not necesary :ok:

Second I would just like to add that if the plane has only one user and is set as not exported(for example F-117,F-22 etc..) there's no need for userlist.ini, I saw people doing that, not that it bothers me, I'm just pointing out that it's not necesary :ok:

I know that, but I put it in there incase someone wanted to use it as exported.

Brain,

Thanks for that info...I wasn't sure if that was true (about the Userlist) or not. I tend to try to make my aircraft very restricted in capabilities (weapon stations, userlists, rwr, etc) so that you see them when you should see them, don't see them when you shouldn't, and that they can't carry weapons they couldn't in the real world (ie carrying an ALCM on a Strike Eagle). I tell ya though, that userlist was a MAJOR pain when I was doing the F-5B and F-5F...it seemed like God and everybody had flown both those aircraft...but detailed info was VERY tough to find.

I've got something special planned for the F-15SE to try to see if I can take the realism up another small notch.

FC

Since we have the F-86 and F-9F being worked on or done, anyone doing Pasko's MiG-15 or LA-15? I'll tackle them if not.

Edited by pcpilot

Reviewed the topic and decided to share his modest plans ...

I'm now at work:

- MiG-21FL

- MiG-21S

- MiG-21SM

- MiG-21SMT

- MiG-23B

- MiG-23BM

- MiG-23B-98

- MiG-23BN AL-31F

- MiG-27M-96

- MiG-27M AL-31F

- Su-9B

- Su-15bis

In this paper we shall fix *. ini (without affecting the FM), the establishment of avionics, the expansion of types of weapons used for upgraded aircraft, the use of new equipment and instrumentation ...

Models using existing ones.

Next:

- MiG-21I

- MiG-21-93

- MiG-21-98

In this work, at this stage worked: *. ini, avionics, and the rest ...

The goal is to create a new model of the MiG-21bis, based on which, in the future, will be established and a number of these update models, such as:

- MiG-21S

- MiG-21SM

- MiG-21SMT

and perhaps some other, slightly different structurally from the MiG-21bis ...

Preliminary information has previously been shown here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=36710

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...306962&st=0 & # entry306962

That until such plans and the real work ...

LA-15 by Pasko and C5 is done and will be up-loaded soon.

What do you guys need me to do? I have a small team (Paulo and me) that can rebuild stuff up to SF2 standards. I am going to buy SF2E later on tonight. Also, we might need a list of completed aircraft so we know where we are at.

My completed list:

MiG-15bis

MiG-15UTI

F-84G

Also, if anyone is interested in helping Paulopanz and I out, let me know. You DO NOT need to be a modder or anything like that, just a general knowledge of how the game works.

What do you guys need me to do? I have a small team (Paulo and me) that can rebuild stuff up to SF2 standards. I am going to buy SF2E later on tonight. Also, we might need a list of completed aircraft so we know where we are at.

My completed list:

MiG-15bis

MiG-15UTI

F-84G

Also, if anyone is interested in helping Paulopanz and I out, let me know. You DO NOT need to be a modder or anything like that, just a general knowledge of how the game works.

Just look in the SF2 downloads section and check the aircraft that are already done. There is your list right there my friend.