Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Fair Strike In Us

Encore to publish Fair Strike in North America and South Africa in Q1 2004!

Encore, a majority-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation (NASDAQ: NAVR) will bring Fair Strike developed by G5 Software to North American and South African markets.

"Encore, a majority-owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation (NASDAQ: NAVR), is a leading interactive publisher in the PC CD-ROM and videogame markets. The company will release close to a dozen new entertainment titles in the coming months through licensing or publishing agreements with Marvel (Daredevil), JoWooD Productions (Silent Storm, Spellforce and Soldner among others), Ascaron (Patrician III and Pirate Hunter), Lost Toys (Battle Engine Aquila), and Victory Simulations (Redline: Xtreme Air Racing 2). The company also offers PC titles or compilations in nearly every major software category from business and productivity to education and kids, including brand names such as Sesame Street, Advantage and Safeworld. Encore products are sold in thousands of retail outlets nationwide, and in major international markets. For more information on Encore and Navarre Corporation, visit www.encoreusa.com and www.navarre.com."

I've been curious what the reviews have been, as I haven't touched it since the E3 demo build was released. Seemed too much like Comanche4 to me, but that was a quick judgement...

Anyone purchase this one yet?

This is what grabbed me:

"Fair Strike

Home : Demo : Action : Fair Strike

“Waste of time”

The game says "Pilot a super realistic and authentic model of a modern military helicopter". Coming from somone who fly's Army Helos this is total crap. Put the game in sim mode and the Helo flys like you have already been hit by a couple of Stingers. This game looks like a piss poor copy of Comanche 4 which even with the arcade style flying was still a lot of fun. Simply put, the producers did not do their homework when it comes to all things Helo. I am still waiting for someone to make a cool cross-breed between Comanche 4 graphics with Jane's Longbow Realisim, up to date with the latest and greatest graphics engine of course."

(End of quote.)

I have to admit, in all fairness, this was the demo that was reviewed by one "user". There is a German site that is up and running. You can use Google language tools to translate if you are that motivated. As far as I could read it just seemed like the usual stuff that comes up in forums when a new sim comes out. I too would like to hear what the European simmers have experienced so far.

i tried to play the demo and i must say i wasn't impressed - by anything!

I hope it will surprise me though. It has been a long time since the last good helo-sim.