Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Zooming inflight view one notch

Before, I had always rather zoomed out two notches by pressing "- minus", cause I had

a better overall view around the wings section.

Now, zooming in one notch by pressing "+ plus" makes everything look larger, closer.

My wings around me are more impressive.

But the best is: you really see distant specs of flights a lot better!

Recommended - thank you, Creaghorn; good idea!

Before, I had always rather zoomed out two notches by pressing "- minus", cause I had

a better overall view around the wings section.

Now, zooming in one notch by pressing "+ plus" makes everything look larger, closer.

My wings around me are more impressive.

But the best is: you really see distant specs of flights a lot better!

Recommended - thank you, Creaghorn; good idea!

I've been doing that since Creaghorn first suggested it months ago and it does improve things in so many ways... including between +5 and +10 FPS.

Edited by Dej

Before, I had always rather zoomed out two notches by pressing "- minus", cause I had a better overall view around the wings section. Now, zooming in one notch by pressing "+ plus" makes everything look larger, closer. My wings around me are more impressive. But the best is: you really see distant specs of flights a lot better!

I discovered the same, but by using the square bracket [+] keys to move forward and back. But I always opted for 'far back' because I could see more sky. However, as I get closer to having TrackIR fine-tuned, this is less of an issue since I can rock slightly forward and back in my seat to get the same effect.

I have made this adjustment as well some time back. And as you say Hauksbee, with the TrackIR all dialed in it really makes for full cockpit immersion. Me likee lots! :good:

Cheers!

Lou

Yes with Trackir its best to zoom in 1 notch in pit view.

We tried to balance it for users without trackir as then one needs to zoom out a bit but if you have trackir zooming in one notch is the way to go.

Now should we make the proper pit scale/FOV the default setting?

WM

...with the TrackIR all dialed in it really makes for full cockpit immersion.

I find the toughest part of getting used to TrackIR, is when you just want to take a look at what's on the screen, left or right of your guns. The trick is to move your eyes, not your head.

Now should we make the proper pit scale/FOV the default setting?

WM

Yes please from me too. I tried it before I had TrackIR and didn't find it a problem tbh. I certainly preferred to be 1 notch in most of the time and zoom out if I needed to.

I can also recommend this zooming in with Trackir in use. It does make the game run better and also improves visibility.

"since I can rock slightly forward and back in my seat to get the same effect."

That's funny: I've noticed that my attempts to actually survive for more than about 1/2 hour as a pilot generally tend to have me rocking back and forth in my seat too. That's prior to the gibbering, crying and adopting a foetal position, of course.

Winder: Now should we make the proper pit scale/FOV the default setting?

Well, if it even increases framerates, I'd say: yes. Cause it get's lost when I recenter my TrackIR,

And I must always press "+" again. The new way, we would have only to zoom out, if desired.

Winder: Now should we make the proper pit scale/FOV the default setting?

Well, if it even increases framerates, I'd say: yes. Cause it get's lost when I recenter my TrackIR,

And I must always press "+" again. The new way, we would have only to zoom out, if desired.

Excellent point! Let's get that FPS increased for any new users and also P4. :ok: