Sign in to follow this  
195th_Sith

Winter Terrain??

I have looked at the site listed in the latest post concerning the winter textures for the lomac terrain, but can't find it anywhere on the site. Is anyone hosting this file? Or could I get it through ICQ from someone? :blink:

Thanks in advance!

I think the gent who was hosting those files ran far beyond the up/download limit.

MadJeff is working on getting those files up @BioHaz here, so we'll let you know as soon as they're available.

Super-sweet terrain. :)

I just went through every link that has been put up on the Ubi forums for the winter terrains and ALL are broken. Every single one. I'm now going to search-engine for it to see if I can locate anyone's copy anywhere.

In the meantime, if any BioHaz member has successfully downloaded these terrains, please send a private message (PM) to any of the mods/admins here so that we can get a copy of them uploaded for general distribution.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Slick and all you other snow lovers.

I allready have secured the textures and forwarded them to MadJEff. The problem is that as they are very popular AND very big they will eat up our otherwise fine bandwith in no time.

MaddJeff is working on setting up something on a different FTP server so theres really not anything to do about it before he can get it worked out at his end

We hope to have it solved soon. I know MadJeff is haing a busy week-end so no promisses. But i'm hoping for next week at the latest.

Hi Debug

These post are from way back when and referring to Surfing Wombats Snowtextures. At the time i decided against hosting them because we had bandwithproblems. The snow textures that everybody is talking about now is "the Crimean frosty" and i intend to mirror it when its released proper. There is a beta available out there : i think its on www.lockonskins.co.uk but dont kill me if it a wrong URL ... i'm typing from memory here.

If you are still interested in the original textures by SW then let me know and i'll see what i can do.

GhostDog

Anybody ever tried to post these files in a newsgroup. Just asking. I've always wondered why I haven't seen any patches or anything uploaded to the newsgroups.

I havent used newsgroups in ages... seems kind of dated doens't it?

Bittorrent sounds good but as i understand it its effectiveness is limited when dealing with less popular files: Ie winter textures for a filghtsim