Sign in to follow this  
Dutchy

Red Forums

All forums what I read (or not) are still red when I return to this site. Even when there is no new topic in the forum. Am I alone with this little problem. No that is to big, it is not a problem, but I open the forums again and again because their red coloured.

Salute

Dutchy

That's cookie related. I got that sometimes as well. After you have read all the topics just click on "Mark all Forums as read" on the lower right corner.

A few of the mods and admins here @BioHaz have noticed this issue as well (including myself.) It is erratic at best (sometimes newly viewed posts refresh as "read" and other times they do not.) We're looking into it. MadJeff suspects it may have something to do with the move.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

I'm trying something here, unfortunately it means EVERYONE just had to log in again. :D

Test it out and let me know if these changes made a difference.

I'm trying something here, unfortunately it means EVERYONE just had to log in again. :D

Test it out and let me know if these changes made a difference.

LOL. Yep, just noticed the "kick" while replying to a PM from GhostDog.

I just went through and viewed all the posts that appeared new to me (they are now showing up with the little red/blue envelopes.) Upon returning to the main forum areas, they have all refreshed. Looking good so far. Thanks!

Fates, how's it working, did it fix your problem?

nope, the airplane on the main forum page is still red.

Well, maybe not. Most of the time it works right, like hitting the back button. But after you've posted, and it goes to your message, when you hit a link to go to the main page, THEN the plane is still red.

Edited by PG_Raptor

Hmm. I'm seeing the same thing now that PG_Raptor states.

It was working when you reset us all, MadJeff, but now it's gone back to what it was doing before. Clicking on the "View New Posts" link shows all the new posts that I already looked at.

Marking all forums as read refreshes all plane colors.

So far so good MJ.....(with my problem)

I've been goin for 8 hours on 2 different machines and I haven't had to log back in yet. Before it was like every 2nd or 3rd time I came to the forum. It would never log me outta the Main site...just the forum...but all apears well again.

<C>

Fates

I can't still help it, but all mine icons of the topics/forums are red colored.

Does that mean that I have click all of those icons to get it yellow?

Thanks for helping me out.

Salute

Dutchy

hmmm... i dnuno but when i revisit biohaz all previous red-marked posts are yellow even though i havent read them all. Only new posts since my last visit will be red.

What browser are you using, Dutchy? I've noticed this behavior while viewing the forums with Opera 7.23. Clicking on a a forum topic, a thread, reading all posts in the thread and then clicking the link back to the forum topic page will show the plane as red.

Sometimes after reading all new posts, there are red planes. To clear these out, I select the "View New Posts" link at the top-right and then the option to mark all posts as red. A temporary fix at best until we find out what's wrong (cookies?)

It works SlickWili, thanks for your advice.

Salute

Dutchy