Sign in to follow this  
BigJim

DR1 vs SE5A

I was talking about AI navigation not combat but some things do not effect AI currently but they are all flying the same FM and DM as the player. I find it fairly easy versus DIII's in Se5a's - seems people see different things. QC is variable, PCs are and so many settings like joysticks, PC performance, game settins etc. Slider settings do affect AI too. Low sliders gives LOWER AI performance from what we have seen.

Also try campaign that's where you should judge who dominates who really.

I was talking about AI navigation not combat but some things do not effect AI currently but they are all flying the same FM and DM as the player. I find it fairly easy versus DIII's in Se5a's - seems people see different things. QC is variable, PCs are and so many settings like joysticks, PC performance, game settins etc. Slider settings do affect AI too. Low sliders gives LOWER AI performance from what we have seen.

Also try campaign that's where you should judge who dominates who really.

Yes quite true maybe I just alot more time in the SE5A here, and all my posts refer to campaign mode, I very seldom fly a QC . These particular DR3's attacked from way above us, I dove to see if I could get one to destroy itself in a dive but my SE5A wouldn't exceed 150 IAS (per the added meters) and of course the DR3 just stayed and my tail amd shredded me :rofl: the die roll was in my favor and I didn't die :biggrin:

Edited by BigJim

Yes quite true maybe I just alot more time in the SE5A here, and all my posts refer to campaign mode, I very seldom fly a QC . These particular DR3's attacked from way above us, I dove to see if I could get one to destroy itself in a dive but my SE5A wouldn't exceed 150 IAS (per the added meters) and of course the DR3 just stayed and my tail amd shredded me :rofl: the die roll was in my favor and I didn't die :biggrin:

LOL I am so dumb sometimes Pov, them DIII's was really DR1s' sheez I been flying tooooo many plane types. I do believe that the SE5A has its' handsful when dogfiting the DR1 anyhow I just got Fraps the full version I will post fims from now on for critique :wink:

BigJim - you mix it all up. There is a DIII (Albatros DIII) and a Dr.1 (Fokker Dr.1).

For the Fokker Dr.1, the S.E.5 is no problem at all turnwise.

In an Albatros DIII, it will be tickier, but I always win my turnfights with them.

When you learn to handle the immediate response of the Dr.1 to any stick moves (even shaky hands - Lol!),

you will fly the best turn fighter available here.

Hello,

well are you sure your SE5A did a lot more more than 110 mph when entering the melee ? Because even if it is always said the DrI is sooo slow it was certainly good for a 110 mph, not a particularly slow plane compared to the similar "Camel", even if the SE5A certainly was faster under "normal" conditions. As well the Dr.I did not lose wings even in a dive, the former test version of the Fokker triplane, the Fokker F1 which Voss and MvR flew, did.

As well it depends on how you entered the fight - if from head on, you will be probably able to escape because your enemies would have to turn, losing speed and time, but closing in from behind they will have quite a big time window of being able to shoot at you, if you are only some 20 mph faster than them. And in a SPAD as well as in a SE5A ALWAYS dive away, never try to climb. The SE5A is only good in climbing when being fast, so no left-right manoeuvering for shots and no steep climb angle, or you will lose too much momentum, and speed. The SPAD VII and XIII climbed better than the SE5A, which is in my opinion a quite mediocre plane - best argument was almost every pilot was instantly able to fly it, so less training times - good pilots were scarce, planes were not on the allied side.

There certainly sometimes may be something wrong with the performance of the AI in OFF, but you have always to be aware of your own crate's real situation at the moment you think others are superior.

I know there still are a few issues, a Nieuport flew inverted for more than 20 seconds, shooting all the time from this positions - i am really curious whether rotaries were able to fly inverted - maybe this is even possible but i just do not know.

Good luck and greetings,

Catfish

Hello,

well are you sure your SE5A did a lot more more than 110 mph when entering the melee ? Because even if it is always said the DrI is sooo slow it was certainly good for a 110 mph, not a particularly slow plane compared to the similar "Camel", even if the SE5A certainly was faster under "normal" conditions. As well the Dr.I did not lose wings even in a dive, the former test version of the Fokker triplane, the Fokker F1 which Voss and MvR flew, did.

As well it depends on how you entered the fight - if from head on, you will be probably able to escape because your enemies would have to turn, losing speed and time, but closing in from behind they will have quite a big time window of being able to shoot at you, if you are only some 20 mph faster than them. And in a SPAD as well as in a SE5A ALWAYS dive away, never try to climb. The SE5A is only good in climbing when being fast, so no left-right manoeuvering for shots and no steep climb angle, or you will lose too much momentum, and speed. The SPAD VII and XIII climbed better than the SE5A, which is in my opinion a quite mediocre plane - best argument was almost every pilot was instantly able to fly it, so less training times - good pilots were scarce, planes were not on the allied side.

There certainly sometimes may be something wrong with the performance of the AI in OFF, but you have always to be aware of your own crate's real situation at the moment you think others are superior.

I know there still are a few issues, a Nieuport flew inverted for more than 20 seconds, shooting all the time from this positions - i am really curious whether rotaries were able to fly inverted - maybe this is even possible but i just do not know.

Good luck and greetings,

Catfish

OK thanks for the info guys, I am trying to improve :biggrin: its just that I have been flying vs human opponets for so long I need to get use to AI one's