Sign in to follow this  

Hi All. I don't know Wings Over Europe can play at Lenovo S10? In the WOE manual,the minimum system is:Pentum III 650mhz,RAM 256,VGA 32MB.HDD 1,3GB.My Lenovo S10 system is:

Intel ATOM 1.6GHZ,RAM 1GB,HDD C:120GB(free:100GB),VGA 64MB,Windows XP Sp2.I installed WOE in C:/Wings Over Europe but I couldn't run WOE.exe. When I double-click on it,the screen shut down (like another game when we start it) but 3 secs later the screen back to desktop and the game automatic stop like we you task manager to End task it. :dntknw: .I don't know why i can't run it.Anybody know?

Hi,

make sure your directx is updated, as well as the latest patch for the game, we will start there, see how it goes,

Did you patch WoE with the Oct 08 update?

Try updating your DirectX drivers to the current 9.0c.

From the README:

This Update also raises the mimimum system requirement for the game to

the following:

Processor: 1.0 GHz

Memory: 1.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 1.5 GB free space

Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c

Good luck.

Sorry to see, don't know exacty what computer type it is , but it uses an Atom CPU

These are made for low power consumption, and are really not up to it for simming.

I suppose you use a Nettop or a netbook computer, hence, no real video card onboard, taking some more cpu performances away (not that there was much to take anyway)

Flightsims really require a video card, something absent from this computer, the integrated chipset isn't of any help here.

As far as I know, it's a no go, sorry

Edited by sony tuckson

I'd agree with Sony...your computer simply isn't strong enough to run the sim.

FC

Maybe.But i can play Jane's F-15 or Jane's USAF! =)). About DirectX,I should check it.Thanks.About the patch,I have already patched it.i'm from Vietnam so I can't find Strike Fghter 2:Europe even It is released. God ****!

i'm from Vietnam

You may be the first Person from Vietnam involved in this Community that I can think of. Welcome Aboard!

Keep in mind, We (This Community) will try to help You out as best We can. But if it's a Hardware Problem, We won't be able to. I hope you get this Issue resolved and continue to be active in this Community.

331KillerBee

Jane's F-15 and USAF are way older, and didn't require a real video card (although having one was better)

and indeed, welcome abord!!

Thank You very much! :hi: .I have already played WOE in A IBM ThinkPad Laptop since 2008.Now,I have my own Lenovo S10.This Netbook seem not good for Simming.I have played Lock On Flaming Cliffs too.But 2 years ago,I didn't know that WOE have add-on Aircraft until now.But this Lenovo won't allow me to play it.I think it needs replacing.I'm planning to buy the Asus F81S:Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4GHZ,RAM 4Gb,ATI Radeon HD 4570 (512MB),HDD:250GB,864USD. Do You think it is a good laptop for simming?

The Asus should get You up and running these Sims well from the Specs You've posted.

It sure will. My ATI 2600HD does.....So I would think the 4500 Series should.

When I played WOE in IBM ThinkPad,FPS always is 100. This laptop should be like it! :lol:.Ah,one question: Is Wings Over Europe or Strike Fighter 2:europe have AIM-120 AMRAAM Missile model?

Not in the "Stock" Game. But We have Plenty in "Free" Third-Party Add-ons that are of Quality here to download to fill all Your AMRAAM Needs........ :biggrin:

Intel Atom? Isn't that for netbooks?

Yeah.Lenovo IdeaPad S10 netbook.I'm going to throw it to the recycle bin and buy a new laptop! :D

to 331Killerbee:thank you,I have found it! The "Stock" game only have AIM-9L/P,AIM-7F for F-15A loadout.WO* series doesn't like Lock On series. Modder can add new plane with new Flight Model to game.This is impossible at Lock On series.Modder have to make a new plane based from another flyable-aircraft.Ex:Su-33 in Lock On is the only flyable aircraft can land on carrier.Modder want to fly F/A-18.He have to bring the F/A-18 model (made with 3DSMax 2007) and change name to Su-33.That is only way!But in WO* series,Modder can easily add new plane without any trouble.I think it a good point for WO* series.

But I think a stock cokpit in WO* series is bad and only have few skins.

The issue here is that Atom powered netbooks either have the intel 945 chipset with the GMA 950 graphics, which are nowhere close to what you need. Or the newer Intel GMA500 (don't ask why the number is lower). The GMA500 is faster than the the 950, but it is based on a video card made for smart phones and media players. because of this, it's better at playing video than rendering 3d. Either way you slice it, if you can get the games to work it will be on the lowest settings.

Netbooks are meant to be low cost and highly portable laptops than anyone can buy. Gaming is a secondary or tertiary consideration.

Edited by zmatt

Thanks! However, I'm going to buy a new laptop as soon as I can so This netbook shoud be thrown to recycle bin! :biggrin: !

Today I install WOE to anouther desktop and install success! But Basic WOE doesn't have AIM-7? I remember that WOE have AIM-7F but my version doesn't. It only have AIM-9 P/L/M

WOE should have the AIM-7... Make sure you're trying to load it on the correct weapons station. :)

depends on the plane you select

if it is not BVR combat capable, no AIM-7....

The issue here is that Atom powered netbooks either have the intel 945 chipset with the GMA 950 graphics, which are nowhere close to what you need. Or the newer Intel GMA500 (don't ask why the number is lower). The GMA500 is faster than the the 950, but it is based on a video card made for smart phones and media players. because of this, it's better at playing video than rendering 3d. Either way you slice it, if you can get the games to work it will be on the lowest settings.

Netbooks are meant to be low cost and highly portable laptops than anyone can buy. Gaming is a secondary or tertiary consideration.

Is the GMA 950 less capable than the 900/915?

My last laptop had either the 900 or 915 and it ran WOE/WOV on medium with GreenHell 2 or Forest and Farms installed.

Current laptop has the GMAx3100 (965 chipset) and I can run SF2 series with environmental mods and everything set to a combo of med/high settings.

Integrated graphics cards suck, but don't underestimate them!

probably, but I think your CPU was way more powerfull than any Atom CPU....to offset a bit the lack of graphical power

No,no.When I log on the F-15A hangar,I chose "loadout".On the left,there was a list of F-15A Weapons right?I remember that F-15A can carry Bomb and A/A Missiles but now I have a weapons list with 3 lines: AIM-9P Sidewinder/AIM-9L Sidewinder/AIM-9M Sidewinder.I think it doesn't have Weapons Pack.