Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Blue smoke problem

I cant say what effects I've changed that created this smoke problem. I've done a few. But I'm getting some blue smoke for the large fire or explosion effect I think. Have a look at the photo. Maybe one of you guys would know what to do with this. Thanks.

By the way, the DH4 AI is pretty good with ground attacks. The airfield in the photo was just attacked by my Flight of DH4's.

Edited by quack74

Someone has to be able to help me with this one :dntknw: . I dont know much about the smoke coloring and what all the numbers mean :no: . It's the large smoke or fire thats has the blue.

Someone has to be able to help me with this one :dntknw: . I dont know much about the smoke coloring and what all the numbers mean :no: . It's the large smoke or fire thats has the blue.

Hi Quack,

I had similar color problems also. It seems to be linked to increased SunLightLevel setting in the EnviromentSystem.ini file. I had it set to 1.75 in an effort to "brighten up" what I consider to be a very dark enviroment.

I changed mine as well. Fix something then it messes up something else :blink: .

I think the numbers for particle colors correspond to Red Green Blue and the last is density or opacity or something like that. Values of 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 makes it white. Values near zero makes it black. Different values for the different colors of course change the color of the particles. How this all interacts with everything esle? I haven't a clue. :biggrin:

The only problem with messing with the color range is you have to change it a little then run the game fly to something and bomb it. If it's not right you have to exit out, open the data file in effects folder, make small changes the try it all over again. SOOO time consuming :shok: . But I guess thats what has to be done :dntknw: .

I really dont know much about editing things like this. So it takes even more time. If I'm not doing any skins I'm adding effects and things. It's hard to just sit down and play :biggrin: . The info You gave in the last thread will help though. Thanks again :good:

You also have to figure out which component of the effect want to change. :biggrin: But thats the way I do most things with FE too. Trial and Error. I found out in a hurry that I don't need to be messing too much with particlesystems and such. :grin:

The only problem with messing with the color range is you have to change it a little then run the game fly to something and bomb it. If it's not right you have to exit out, open the data file in effects folder, make small changes the try it all over again. SOOO time consuming :shok: . But I guess thats what has to be done :dntknw: .

Actually, no. You can exit mission, alt=tab to text editor, save ini file, alt-tab. No need to exit the game.

Stary:

Thanks for the info, that makes my modding a whole lot easier now in FE. :good:

Panama Red

:ok: