Sign in to follow this  

post-28493-1247633619_thumb.jpg

Anyone know why this would happen? I reinstalled the VietnamSEA terrain the same way I did before, and well this is what happened.

Thanks

Global warming? :biggrin:

Looks like the sea level is incorrect, but I'm not sure where to change it...

looks like 3 complete target areas are MAJORLY misplaced. (airfield and 2 'factory centers' or ??? complexes)

1) you'll need the HUDDATA.ini extracted, and set Debug= to TRUE

2) fly mission over the region, and look at the x/y cooridinates -the first line in the debug set (all that white text blocking your view)

3) cross-check location (x/y) with targets ini, and see where it's supposed to be.

alternatively, using the WoVSqmd, open the planningmap1, and find the location.

other things needing to know, WHAT terrain is it (stock, 3rd party, etc)

very little info to go on with that one screenie, and no other data

wrench

kevin stein

looks like 3 complete target areas are MAJORLY misplaced. (airfield and 2 'factory centers' or ??? complexes)

1) you'll need the HUDDATA.ini extracted, and set Debug= to TRUE

2) fly mission over the region, and look at the x/y cooridinates -the first line in the debug set (all that white text blocking your view)

3) cross-check location (x/y) with targets ini, and see where it's supposed to be.

alternatively, using the WoVSqmd, open the planningmap1, and find the location.

other things needing to know, WHAT terrain is it (stock, 3rd party, etc)

very little info to go on with that one screenie, and no other data

wrench

kevin stein

It's the stock VietnamSEA terrain from WOV. I installed the seamod shore tiles, along with the desert factories download with the Fixes. I'm not sure what exactly is the correct order is for installing these mods, or if this has anything to do with it.

Thanks

" desert factories download with the Fixes."

Desert factories??? In Vietnam?

FC

" desert factories download with the Fixes."

Desert factories??? In Vietnam?

FC

http://wrench1smog.com/wrench3.html

It's from this link. It says that the desert factories will work with Vietnam, I mean it says SEA fixes for desert factories so I'd assume?

Wrench,

I'll let you field this one....I suspect those files are the issue.

FC

Yup.

I'm on it.

--------------

ok, to start with, NOTHING in the Desert_Targets.ini is comparable to ANTHING on ANY other map. Hence the name "desert targets". The coordinates do not match nothing else.

Now, originally these same area were used on the ancient DRV and/or SEA map (NOT VietnamSEA, as WoV was still 2 years in the future when these were released), and were custom placed. They CAN be use on any map (as I've shown countless times), but need to be hand placed in newly created target areas, upon which the entire terrain, in particular the HFD and TFD files need to be run through the Terrain Editor, and have those areas flattened For all intents and purposes, they're 'airfields' (ie: the ground_plattes are FlatObject=TRUE)

So, if one wants to get real dirty, real fast, one can rebuild the ENTIRE VietnamSEA cities list from scratch (as there ain't one available) add/expand the VietnamSEA_Types and VietnamSEA_Targets inis thereby adding the new target areas -in regions to be determined by terrain features-, extract the HFD & TFD files from the VietnamSEA.cat, run the whole thing through the TE and flatten said target areas, then drop the new HFD & TFD, plus the expanded types and targets inis, along with all the various and sundry bits from the Factory Place INTO the VietnamSEA terrain folder, and now the US has some nice industrial targets to not bomb.

Best, easiest solution: don't use the thing until one get familiar with target area and object placements, use of the TE for "Level AirField" and so forth.

Harder solution: see above.

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the help, I just uninstalled the factory to fix the issue.