Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Just some vids of MirageF1 and 2000D (?)

Question for FC, the Mirage F1 video clearly shows the engine powering up yet there is a hose attached to it, is it hot refuelimg or a jet starter, hope you reply to this query.

Cheers !

Edited by Atreides

Question for FC, the Mirage F1 video clearly shows the engine powering up yet there is a hose attached to it, is it hot refuelimg or a jet starter, hope you reply to this query.

Cheers !

I know you wanted a reply from FC but I believe I can answer your question. The Mirage F-1 is hooked up to a ground electrical power supply. Being that I see no ground air starter attachment I believe the F-1 probably has either an electric starter or a nitrogen accumulator that is charged by an electric hydraulic pump or hand pump to start its Atar-9K-50.

0:23 -> electrical power from either a GPU or plugs from the ramp.

Airstart hoses look like this:

Air_Start_Cart.jpg

Fueling hoses look like this:

fuel_leak.jpg

Hope the info helps! :smile:

The (Mirage) F1 could be airborne within two minutes, courtesy of a special self-propelled ground vehicle that kept the aircraft´s systems "alive", cooled or heated as required, and ready to go. The ingenious vehicle also carried a cockpit sunshade on a telescopic rm so the pilot could sit at readiness in the cockpit for hours in the highest of temperatures. As soon as the aircraft started to taxi, the umbilicals were automatically ejected and the aircraft was on its own

Fighter Aircraft, Francis Crosby