Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

Missing Labels?

I installed OFF on my new computer, and am now tweaking it to my liking. Some scoff and call it cheating, but those people have been flying OFF since Phase 1. I'm a newbie, and am easing myself into this. (I'm actally flying at 110% realism now, so I feel pretty good about that - I still get killed an awful lot though).

There are two things that are missing in action. There is the stall warning and engine start commands at the top right of the screen. I don't think the engine start messages are necessary, but I think they're tied in with the Stall warnings, and without a FF joystick, I need the Stall warning.

The second thing that I can't find is the damage messages (top middle of screen telling you that you have hit an enemy, or describing the damage being caused to you as you're being hit). I'm not sure if I need this either, and sometimes it's even obtrusive, but I'd like to ba able to toggle it on or off if necessary.

Can anyone help me on this?

Steve, go to Workshop > graphics conig button > file > custom settings > window > overrides

There, in the above right, are three boxes clicked: disable chat, disable advisor messages, disable simulation warnings

Unclick those and you should be fine. See also: targetting cone and others to your likes.

Have fun!

There is NO stall Warning, get a FFB stick or Develop a sixth sense, which will go nicely with the rearward looking eyeball

As Olham says: you can disable in overides, there in NO toggle

sorry to correct you, but there is a stall warning. don't know exactly wich of the overrides is responsible to make it visible since i shut all those aids down. probably the same wich shows you in yellow letters about stressing your a/c. i remember when deathrattle appears (shortly before stall) there was some warning in red letters in the upper left section

Hi Steve. To any new guys also. Go ahead and fly any way you want or need to. It's about having fun. I have different kinds of pilots for one thing. I'm not always in a frame of mind to fly DiD. So I have other pilots, they usually have comic or nonsense names. We all just want to have fun and are not into judging the main thing is survival and to bring down a few enemy too. Cheers!

Don't forget Homeboys great Key Command Card that can be printed very easy reference. It's a sticky.

I've yet too see one, in OFF anyway. It sure would be nice if you remembered the override responsable. But until I'm shown, excuse me if I fail to regard it as gospel

They're at the top right of the screen as Check Six stated

As I said above, UncleAl - "advisor messages" or "simulation warnings" - you must unclick the boxes.

Rickitycrate: I'm not always in a frame of mind to fly DiD. So I have other pilots

I do it the same way. I have one Full-DiD pilot - the others are allowed to use aids.

I think maybe some of us don't quite know what to do with all the options the devs have given us. I mean we can fly from a realism setting of 120% down to -100% and anywhere inbetween. Pilot never dies is great for one thing. You learn to fly combat more than how to create a pilot, hehe. Hey no one is watching or judging have fun.

"Steve, go to Workshop > graphics conig button > file > custom settings > window > overrides

There, in the above right, are three boxes clicked: disable chat, disable advisor messages, disable simulation warnings

Unclick those and you should be fine. See also: targetting cone and others to your likes.

Have fun!"

Olham, I just DISABLED those! LOL! Homeboy made a few suggestions as to how to improve my frame rate, and they were mentioned, so I disabled them. I really suppose I could learn to fly without any of them. What a shame.

"There is NO stall Warning, get a FFB stick or Develop a sixth sense, which will go nicely with the rearward looking eyeball"

uncleal, There IS a written warning to tell you you're about to stall. Yes, I know I'm going to cop your hotkeyed message "I don't see how you can fly a WW1 aircraft and an F-18 with the same joystick blah blah blah" but I don't have a force feedback stick. Woe is me! I suppose I'll just have to save up my money and buy one, if you haven't cornered the market on them.

"Don't forget Homeboys great Key Command Card that can be printed very easy reference. It's a sticky."

Rickitycrate, This is a very useful guide, and I use it almost every time I fly. I have many keys programmed to my joystick or throttle, and now I have a programmable keyboard, so I can program the rest of the hotkeys used in this sim.

Edited by Check Six

I think, that's a Kookaburra (or how it's spelt) - related to our jaybird, as far as I know.

The only strange thing about Australia seems to be to me, that they live headover (Lol!)

Steve,

Turn your engine sound volume down in workshop or switch to ambient mode (I think that also works), you can hear the imminent stall - deathrattle as Creaghorn says - on some aircraft. Can't say for definite which ones but certainly the SE5 and the Alb.

"Steve, go to Workshop > graphics conig button > file > custom settings > window > overrides

"There is NO stall Warning, get a FFB stick or Develop a sixth sense, which will go nicely with the rearward looking eyeball"

uncleal, There IS a written warning to tell you you're about to stall. Yes, I know I'm going to cop your hotkeyed message "I don't see how you can fly a WW1 aircraft and an F-18 with the same joystick blah blah blah" but I don't have a force feedback stick. Woe is me! I suppose I'll just have to save up my money and buy one, if you haven't cornered the market on them.

sorry, couldnt resist!

post-51131-1247946214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Broadside uda Barn

I think, that's a Kookaburra (or how it's spelt) - related to our jaybird, as far as I know.

The only strange thing about Australia seems to be to me, that they live headover (Lol!)

Olham,

You spelt it correctly...well done. The Kookaburra is a member of the Kingfisher family of birds. There are many strange things about Australia.

The picture above is a platypus. Probably the strangest creature about. Bill like a duck, swims like an otter. A mammal that lays eggs (a monotreme). And the only venomous mammal on the planet.

Ah, I see - a Kingfisher would be Eisvogel in German. This animal we call Schnabeltier ('bill animal' so to say).

It looks really cute - never saw such a close picture of them.

They show perfectly well, how nature does vary it's solutions for survival problems. Thanks for posting.