Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Some Fairford pics from today

Yep new camera required it seems!! and I missed the Vulcan taxiing with the B-52 doh!!

gallery_8064_327_14963.jpg

gallery_8064_327_52339.jpg

gallery_8064_327_49785.jpg

gallery_8064_327_2819.jpg

gallery_8064_327_63145.jpg

gallery_8064_327_59590.jpg

gallery_8064_327_41844.jpg

gallery_8064_327_99760.jpg

gallery_8064_327_11878.jpg

gallery_8064_327_58325.jpg

Nice static line. That RF-4 is awesome!

Looks like the weather was hit and miss, but much better than last year. My best friend flew over from Kansas, just to attend this and the show at Waddington. He's finishing up a 3 week photo vacation over there. I can't wait to see his photos. He got rained out last year.

Thanks for sharing. I would have loved to be there.

-Jeff

Nice shots, looks like you got it wet. I took over 1500 images, so i have a few to review. I'll post some up when i've processed some.

It was nice and dry on the saturday...

Edited by Hokum

Nice pics, thanks for sharing! :kewlpics:

Nice static line. That RF-4 is awesome!

Looks like the weather was hit and miss, but much better than last year. My best friend flew over from Kansas, just to attend this and the show at Waddington. He's finishing up a 3 week photo vacation over there. I can't wait to see his photos. He got rained out last year.

Thanks for sharing. I would have loved to be there.

-Jeff

We got totally drenched but it was very good - some of the planes had to defer although most of it went ahead.

Those shots were mostly in the 10 min sun interval before the next downpour!!

hopefully your friend got some shots of the Vulcan and B-52 taxiing - not something you see every day - in fact i think Fairford is one of the few bases that can take 52s!!

Nice shots, looks like you got it wet. I took over 1500 images, so i have a few to review. I'll post some up when i've processed some.

It was nice and dry on the saturday...

Yeah - I gathered thanks - was the Orange F-16AM there on the sat?

Yeah the orange f-16 was awesome. According to the commentary he pulled a few 9g turns during the show. I have pics of the Vulcan taxiing and the b-52 with the drag chute deployed on landing but I can't upload them cos they are too big. Even tried it one by one and I can't even upload a single pic.

:dntknw:

Mike

Edited by mikepie11986

Yeah the orange f-16 was awesome. According to the commentary he pulled a few 9g turns during the show. I have pics of the Vulcan taxiing and the b-52 with the drag chute deployed on landing but I can't upload them cos they are too big. Even tried it one by one and I can't even upload a single pic.

Mike

Yeah that paint scheme looks great i must admit - put on a good show!

Just resize the photos to a lower resolution - say 800x400 for example - you need a program that can do it though. If not install gimp, open up the photo and go to image->scale image then "save as" .jpg - (as in don't save the original) - even better make a copy of the original then resize it!

Ok will do. Ill try and get some of them up here 2moro as im off work. Gotta say though its the first big airshow I have been to and personally, i thought it was truly amazing. I went along with my father, two brothers and uncle and we have all said that we will be going to RIAT 10 next year without a doubt. Highlight of the show for me was definately the vulcan. It was just awe-inspiring watching that graceful bird in the air. Fu***ng BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

Mike

Mike

For the F16 demo lovers see "Home of the dutch F16 solo display team RNlAF" as well as Youtube, and for the F16 AND Vulcan AND Hunter addicts see under Youtube "Volkel Vulcan Demo" where Sqldr Martin Withers formates with the orange demo F16 and the beautiful new Hunter F6 of the Dutch Hunter flight....

Have fun,

Derk :wink:

Edited by Derk

Ok will do. Ill try and get some of them up here 2moro as im off work. Gotta say though its the first big airshow I have been to and personally, i thought it was truly amazing. I went along with my father, two brothers and uncle and we have all said that we will be going to RIAT 10 next year without a doubt. Highlight of the show for me was definately the vulcan. It was just awe-inspiring watching that graceful bird in the air. Fu***ng BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

Mike

Most of the crowd were defo there to see the Vulcan take off and do its stuff - the runway edge was packed with people trying to get a look

Edited by MigBuster

yzj5y7.jpg

Yup... :biggrin: