Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

Sunday Multiplayer Sessions Going Forward

Gentlemen,

Following Winston's decision to take time out from OFF, Stumpjumper and I have the following proposals to make with regard to the future of the Sunday sessions:

1. Timings

We will continue to fly at the times adopted for 'Winston's Early Birds' as these suit the majority; 2PM EST

2. Installation, Damage Model, Teamspeak, etc.

For the past two weeks the Sunday session has been severely disrupted due to various participants having problems with their MP installations and TS settings. In future, games will no longer be delayed for this purpose. Winston, Stumpjumper, Sitting Duck and I spend a lot of time on TS during the week to ensure that someone is available to assist new and existing members to install and test their OFF settings prior to Sunday's games. Please take advantage of this service as we are no longer willing to disrupt the Sunday session because of these problems. The needs of the many must take precedence.

We are currently using Fortiesboy's Damage Model V1.2. As most regular flyers have now got this successfully installed we will stick with this setup until the advent of the new ODB patch which will render it redundant. It is proposed that we review the situation when the new patch arrives, possibly adopting the default damage model which will simplify MP for all - no more installing additional patches to join MP.

3. New Format

The Sunday MP session will take the form of a full-blown online campaign, effectively taking the single player experience enjoyed by all and elevating it to squadron or jasta level. Each participant will become a member of the squadron chosen for the campaign and fly a day's worth of missions (3 to 4) together during a single session.

The performance of individual pilots will be manually recorded (mission successes, number of kills, etc) and will form a permanent record taken from one mission to the next. Should your pilot die in combat, then his achievements will be reset and the member starts again with a new pilot. In this way we can keep records of our most successful pilots for the purpose of any awards or the allocation of better aircraft for our 'ace' pilots e.g. achieve 10 online kills and the Jasta will allocate an Albatross DIII rather than a DII as your personal mount. Stumpjumper is also offering to provide the most successful pilots with 'personalised' aircraft skins. These privileges would be lost with the death of the pilot.

The success of each individual mission will be judged by the organiser, hence ground attack/balloon busting scenarios will only be judged successful if the damage inflicted is enough to render the target severely damaged or destroyed. Air-to-air and air-to-ground kills will be recorded at the end of each mission by the members checking their stats and passing the information to the organiser. If the pilot is killed during the sortie, only those achieved before death will count. Any pilot respawning into another aircraft after pilot death will not have any victories achieved after respawn counted towards the score of his next pilot.

We will fly as a particular squadron or jasta for a month of Sundays after which, we will choose a different nationality/period for the next month.

Once the campaign missions for a particular day have been completed, 'fun' missions will be flow just to allow those who wish to let off steam. This can be as a dogfight or whatever the members so desire.

4. Realism and Settings

1. It is proposed that we play with high reality settings (hard flight model, normal guns) as we have been doing to date. The exception to this will be where the aircraft we are flying historically had 'auto mixture' in which case auto mixture will be enabled on the server settings. Details of the settings will be notified to the members prior to the start of the first mission via a post in the MP forum and verbally before the start of the session.

2. The missions will be designed so that the only AI ace pilots in the game are named, historically correct and in game in limited numbers to reduce the frequency of members getting 'sniped' from 800' away.

Comments welcome.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

PERFECT!! And if anyone wants to fly a QC co-op mission for fun every once in a while let me know and I will find time to host them.

Also, if you need an east coaster to host some Sunday missions count me in. My platform seems stable enough to handle the task!

Just send me the missions when the time comes.

Edited by Axgrinder

Hi Vasco,

I think you've probably nailed all the major gotchas in one there, as well as providing an interesting structure for a mini campaign on a monthly basis. Bravo.

May I make a plea that we don't fly aircraft with difficult flying characteristics? If you want plenty of new players who've not cut their teeth on OFF (or MP) may I suggest aircraft with benign flying characteristics be considered?

If there's any way I can help out to make this a success - please let me know.

Cheers,

Si

Hi Vasco,

I think you've probably nailed all the major gotchas in one there, as well as providing an interesting structure for a mini campaign on a monthly basis. Bravo.

May I make a plea that we don't fly aircraft with difficult flying characteristics? If you want plenty of new players who've not cut their teeth on OFF (or MP) may I suggest aircraft with benign flying characteristics be considered?

If there's any way I can help out to make this a success - please let me know.

Cheers,

Si

I think aircraft with rotary engines should be played with a medium flight model. I don't have a problem flying the Dr1 but that Camel is a b***h to fly for everyone it seems.

How bout it Vasco?

Guys,

We'll stick with aircraft with in-line engines or mid-war rotaries. We won't tackle the twitchy models until everyone feels they can fly them competently in the realistic flight model.

I am leaning towards flying with Albatross DIIs in the first campaign as they outclass all but the Sopwith Triplanes in early 1917. This will give us a reasonable expectation of success and logevity for our pilots.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Can't play Sunday...Best Man and his wife visiting but will be wishing you all well. Vasco, thanks for keeping this going and also for your diplomacy.

Joker

p.s. Best man and I will however be looking at our LBC cars. (Little British Cars) We both have 1974 TVR 2500M buggies..Check em out.http://www.hemmings.com/users/140094/ride/268.html

Built in Blackpool England, estimated only 200 left in the world of this model. Sorry to digress!

Unfortunately I have already installed the 1.32 patch. I didn't see the message until to late, so I guess I will not be flying Sunday.

Have fun guys,

Beard

.........Best man and I will however be looking at our LBC cars. (Little British Cars) We both have 1974 TVR 2500M buggies..Check em out.http://www.hemmings.com/users/140094/ride/268.html

Built in Blackpool England, estimated only 200 left in the world of this model. Sorry to digress!

I worked on Triumph TR3, TR4, TR4A, TR6, Spitfire, GT6, plus Rover and Morgans back in the 70's. IMHO you've got a great engine/gearbox in that car! Does it have any other TR6 running gear?

So if we were good last Sunday we should be good tomorrow, right?

Yes! We will probably discuss switching today.

Unfortunaltely Guys I won't beable to join on Sunday. Have too many plans that can't be broken. But if ya'll have another session between 8 and 9pm central time I can come on for a bit.

I worked on Triumph TR3, TR4, TR4A, TR6, Spitfire, GT6, plus Rover and Morgans back in the 70's. IMHO you've got a great engine/gearbox in that car! Does it have any other TR6 running gear?

Hey Buddy;

Engine, tranny, gearbox, drivetrain, all TR6. The rest is TVR tweaked and all fiberglass. Last summer a 17 yr old girl on a cell phone decided to rear end us as my wife and I were stopped at a traffic light. As if a yellow TVR in broad daylight was not visible enough! $14 grand damage but the car is now sorted out even better than before. Here is a link to my car. The yellow one.

http://www.sjbaraophoto.com, look in the "about" section.