Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

HPWFB Damage Model Variety Pack Now Available!

I've now made a version of the HPWFB DM that is fully JSGME compatible! After I upload the new 1.1 version to the 3rd party mods forum, all users will have to do is unzip the zip file to your CFSW1 Over Flanders Fields\MODS folder, which will be created when you install JSGME. Then, simply follow the easy JSGME instructions to activate the damage mod. Users will find a readme file for HPWFB DM and a deletebdps.bat file located in the CFSW1 Over Flanders Fields\MODS folder.

JSGME is available here: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/...ucts-jsgme.html Install JSGME by unzipping the download to your main CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields Folder.

Note: users who choose not to use JSGME should NOT use version 1.1 of the mod. Continue to use 1.0 until you decide to install JSGME.

Guest British_eh

Thanks for all your hard work lads. Will look to Dl all the stuff, as I'm sure that my Missions will look even better with it installed. I will surmise though that if the end user doesn't have it installed, it will be OFF by default?

Cheers,

British_eh

Herr Prop-Wasche and Fortiesboy: thank you for your alternative damage model.

I installed it today, and it looks great and is great fun! See my report "Heaven - I'm in heaven..."

HP & FB,

Great work on the variety DM pack! I've been flying with it this evening and haven't had a single problem. I'm enjoying the variety of damage effects immesurably. Thanks for the extra fun. I heartily recommend everyone try it.

Hellshade

Herr Prop-Wasche, Fortiesboy: when I use JSGME, and want to try the BHaH original damage model,

would it then be enough to move the "aircraft" from the right window back to the left again?

Just want to try both to compare them.

Herr Prop-Wasche, Fortiesboy: when I use JSGME, and want to try the BHaH original damage model,

would it then be enough to move the "aircraft" from the right window back to the left again?

Just want to try both to compare them.

If the mod is in the Right window, it is active in the game and has over layed your original files. If the mod is in the Left window, it is inactive and your original files are in effect.

If you look into the JSGME folder you will see that you have a "Backup" folder. This is where you original files go when ever you activate one of your mods.

Panama Red

I am still puzzled how to set up the Generic Mod Enabler for OFF. Does the utility install in the OBD software folder or the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder. I quess I need a 'Drive by' for someone to give me instructions how to setup where the /MOD folder is put and how the folder containing the actual mod files are cofigured.

OlPaint01

All other games install the JSGME in the same folder as the game .exe file. So in this case it would be in the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

Edited by Panama Red

Yep, what Panama Red said.

To check if you have BHaH DM or the HPWFB DM installed, check the date of your xdp files, located in each specific aircraft folder inside the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft folder. The stock OBD xdp files are dated around the middle of July, while mine are dated later, toward the end of July and beginning of August.

Another way to check is to open up one of the Alb xdp files with a text editor and note the damage point value for the oil reservoir. Mine are set to 38, while the stock OBD files are set to 34.

Panama Red

I am still puzzled how to set up the Generic Mod Enabler for OFF. Does the utility install in the OBD software folder or the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder. I quess I need a 'Drive by' for someone to give me instructions how to setup where the /MOD folder is put and how the folder containing the actual mod files are cofigured.

OlPaint01

Apologies. I must have explained very badly in my earlier post. Sorry it was not of help.

Gentlemen and WomenFly2,

An updated version of HPWFB VDM is now available for users who have JSGME. Go to the 3rd party file and mods announcement thread for details.

Changes to 1.1

Made mod fully compatible with Jonesoft's Generic Mod Enabler. Now, users of JSGME simply need to unzip the mod by right-clicking on the HPWFB_DM_1_1.zip folder and extracting to your CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\MODS folder. Follow the JSGME instructions to activate the mod. Users can find JSGME at the following address: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/...ucts-jsgme.html 2) After activating the mod, be sure to navigate back to the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\MODS folder and click on the deletebdps.bat program to remove any old bdp files remaining from older DM installs. That's it!

NOTE: Version 1.1 is intended ONLY for users of JSGME. If you are not using JSGME, please download and use version 1.0 of the HPWFB DM!