Sign in to follow this  
HomeBoy

Campaign Log Form

NOTAM

I have been logging my campaign flights in a spiral notebook so that when it came time to fill out the claim form, I had the names of my wingmen, etc. recorded. I found that I was writing the same things over and over and often forgetting to include various pieces of info so I decided to build a form that I could print out on three-hole punched computer paper and put in a three-ring binder. I thought you might like to see/have the form I created. I print the form double sided which gives me 10 missions per sheet of paper. I have my maps, etc. all in this notebook and now a record of every mission I fly.

Enjoy!

CampaignForm.png

I must say you've done it again Homeboy. I like your idea and it's practicle. Me and my moron chip don't understand one thing. How do I get this to print nicey nice on my printer? Is there a file you made for us or do you expect me to hashout my own version? Hmmmm? Just wondrin' I can if I must may take 4 or 5 days but I might get 'er done. Wait a minute the moron chip cooled off long enough for me to right click and save picture as "CampaignForm". Thanks again Homeboy.

Edited by Rickitycrate

Thanks Homeboy,

I use one of these types of formsbut found the same thing...writing the same stuff numerous times. I started using a post-it note setup that gave me reminders of who I flew with and what enemies we encountered, and only had to write down what time we entered combat and the location, but this didn't give me all the details I'd want (or need) to log every flight. This was only really for the purposes of filling in claim forms.

I have recently taken to taking screenshots of the briefing, scrolling the map out so that details can be obtained of where we flew, the mission we were assigned, who my wingmen were, what aircraft we flew, time and date etc. These I saved in a desktop folder, named LS1 or LS1a, LS1b etc. LS pilot initial 1 no of mission, a and b if I took two screenshots, then another screenshot of any victories (with "Z" info displayed).

Trouble is, I had to create SOOOO many folders, my pilots kept dying. Now that we can select "pilot never dies" in campaign, I think I'll use both yours and my methods, so that I can follow a pilot throughout the entire war (though I guarantee he'll be spending a LOT of time in hospital :yes: ) and have time and date, mission type, location, screenshots of mission briefing, and a written log as well.

Thanks again Mark.

Thank you very much HomeBoy for this practically aid! :wink:

Always used a notebook, but now I will try this very good method, HomeBoy.

With a loose-leaf and a hole puncher, you can make it a pilot's log. Great! Thanks a lot!

Yes Sir Homeboy, that is a very good idea. Back when I first started flying OFF early this year I had posted a digital copy of an actual RFC claims form that I had cleaned up to use for this very purpose. I have a small stack of them printed up and sitting next to my cockpit that I use when flying DiD missions. If I'm not mistaken Pol was considering using this at some point in the future in one of the OFF updates. Anyway, here it is again for those who might like an historic version of Homeboy's excellent idea.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

Yes Sir Homeboy, that is a very good idea. Back when I first started flying OFF early this year I had posted a digital copy of an actual RFC claims form that I had cleaned up to use for this very purpose. I have a small stack of them printed up and sitting next to my cockpit that I use when flying DiD missions. If I'm not mistaken Pol was considering using this at some point in the future in one of the OFF updates. Anyway, here it is again for those who might like an historic version of Homeboy's excellent idea.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

Gents, these are great!! Do you print them from the JPG files you posted, or do you have them saved as PDF files? I'd like to place these somewhere, maybe in a new thread here and make it a sticky.

OvS

OvS,

Mine is stored in my Photobucket web site and is therefore simply a URL: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n199/sn...ampaignForm.png

All you'd need to do is provide that url in a post to make it available. In my post above, I just put "" tags around the url. That works too. A user would simply right-click it (as Rickitycrate discovered) to save it to his computer.

I print mine directly from my jpg file, OvS. Also, if you need it, here is the direct link to the file image that is stored online at the RAF website:

http://www.raf209squadron.net/louvert/RFC_report_01.jpg

I have already grabbed a copy of your file HomeBoy. It is arranged very nicely, has all the info boxes a pilot could ever want, and looks to be very easy to use. TKS Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

Here's a German form I just made. If anyone wants it in English, I could do that.

Nice stuff all.

And how the heck does one get these resized for an 8/12 x 11 sheet of paper?

Nice stuff all.

And how the heck does one get these resized for an 8/12 x 11 sheet of paper?

Hi Barkhorn,

Normally the print utility you use (I use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer most of the time) will have a checkbox entitled something like "Fit to Page" which will force the image to use as much of the printable area on the page as possible.

Check that out and see if that doesn't do it for you.

Hi Barkhorn,

Normally the print utility you use (I use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer most of the time) will have a checkbox entitled something like "Fit to Page" which will force the image to use as much of the printable area on the page as possible.

Check that out and see if that doesn't do it for you.

I will do so.

Thanks.