Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Must-have books on military equipment

Since I lack any 3d modelling or skinning skills, the only modding in my reach is to edit ini files for sf series. So are there any useful books out there detailing radar/ecm sytems and guns/missiles parameters for air and ground units? My only source so far was wikipedia, but we all know it lacks in this area...any suggestions? It can be several titles, I don't mind purchasing several good books off ebay or amazon.

Thanks

Michal

EDIT: I forgot to add that i'm only interested in 70's to modern stuff

Edited by SFP1Ace

You can find flight manuals on the net.

Right, but i think actual flight manuals would be an overkill for my needs, I don't need THAT detailed info. I just wan't to change/correct some values for radar search/track ranges, ecm effective GHz ranges, gun/missile ranges and effectivnes ratios etc. I was thinking more along the lines of military equipment encyclopedia or smth, maybe some stuff from Jane's? The thing is I don't wan't to buy a cat in a sack, so if you guys own and use for your reference or know of any solid stuff that I won't regret buying, that would be a great help.

Edited by SFP1Ace

Holy cow um where do I begin. I have a small fortune in books. I would get International Air Power Review, those are awesome. Books by Squadron/Signal are creaft for skinning, modeling and those little details you can not find on the net, and they are not that expensive either.

Air Time Publishing (the folks that put out Intl Airpower Review ) also have some books out including Century Series Jets and F-4 Phantom Spirit in the Skies. they are mostly taken from IAPR articles and very informative. they are a bit pricey 50 dollars when i got them but worth the money. i have the two i listed here in the stan with me :smile:

Yes I got all those books as well. You can not go wrong with Airtime.

Yes I got all those books as well. You can not go wrong with Airtime.

Thanks fellas, i'll look up this airtime publishing. What do you think about Jane's recognition series?

Thanks fellas, i'll look up this airtime publishing. What do you think about Jane's recognition series?

I have those too. Good for a quick reference. Good price on them too.

for start, you should get Bill Gunston's Weapons Guide...for 80s and 70s weapons.

for start, you should get Bill Gunston's Weapons Guide...for 80s and 70s weapons.

Wow, this guy sure has published lots of books! I'll definitely check this out, thanks!