Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

Flyby Over USS Independence

and as a bonus, a flyby over USS Ranger

OgAAAJjOw_S-Zl2-gscPZ1t6HF87BajwwlKxQfqWDv8yE8l5x7JW-IYGmOKjmDZ54TSv4S6JwoWenoXVvPaFI3DoqVoAm1T1ULw-nEM30dNSMJtJuIV0Nqed2X4k.jpg

OgAAAA9MnwAU-5oE5ST7BIS_i8GZhPgSM4IQIA5u_yNkbyA3bb3SRr0LvNGpEfI7fNGO_T7zUJHWYRD_oBPhkRE-J4cAm1T1UOyCVHKKhuObDi-6sKttayXcrAql.jpg

ops, i've posted in wrong section...if some moderator could move it, i'd be happy :)

Edited by Silverbolt
  • Like 1

you can't see what happens really cause of the sun...

anyways, its not a pretty site to see a plane crash even worse when its risking ships and other aircrafts!

sorry the shots of the buff look photoshopped if they aren't why hasn't any one heard of it since it has to have crashed? tragic as for the russian crew

sorry the shots of the buff look photoshopped if they aren't why hasn't any one heard of it since it has to have crashed? tragic as for the russian crew

"It happened in early 1990 in the Persian Gulf, while U.S. carriers and B-52s were holding joint exercises. Two B-52s called the carrier (USS Ranger) and asked if they could do a fly-by, and the carrier air controller said yes.

When the B-52s reported they were 9 kilometers out, the carrier controller said he didn't see them. The B-52s told the carrier folks to look down. The paint job on the B-52 made it hard to see from above, but as it got closer, the sailors could make it out, and the water the B-52 jets were causing to spray out. It's very, very rare for a USAF aircraft to do a fly-by below the flight deck of a carrier.

But B-52s had been practicing low level flights for years, to come in under Soviet radar. In this case, the B-52 pilots asked the carrier controller if they would like the bombers come around again. The carrier guys said yes, and a lot more sailors had their cameras out this time".

you can't see what happens really cause of the sun...

anyways, its not a pretty site to see a plane crash even worse when its risking ships and other aircrafts!

yes, it was tragic, and it came from this article http://sovietrussia.co.uk/cold-war-blazing-skies/

not the first time a plane crash during the cold war when the enemies were around.

anyway i've never seen such of madness before.

Edited by Silverbolt

yes, it was tragic, and it came from this article http://sovietrussia.co.uk/cold-war-blazing-skies/

not the first time a plane crash during the cold war when the enemies were around.

anyway i've never seen such of madness before.

used to be SOP.

we all played pretty rough back then.

supersonic intercepts, head-on passes, "thumping", fire-control lock-on, "shouldering", low fly-bys, etc.

and the occasional diplomatic protest responded with "who us?"........