Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

4 minute 40 plan fureball video

One last 40 man video. Fokker Dr 1 vs Camels!!! Damn the skies are crowded with fast, furious white knuckle action in these missions. I'm not a very good Fokker Dr 1 pilot. The plane is fantastic, but so twitchy it is hard to make small corrections to line up a good shot. Anyways, I did my best to take down some Allied boys, but as you shall see they are quite capable of taking care of their friends too.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Holy schmoley, how many kites?! :yikes:

Holy schmoley, how many kites?! yikes.gif

Not sure, but at least 1 Fokker Dr 1. Mine. LOL

Hellshade

Wow, great video!

I had one almost like that a few moments ago - too bad I don't know how to record these things yet.

4 of us in Spads from the 13th were heading toward the lines for a patrol when all of a sudden, the sky became filled up with Fokker D.VII's - three groups of them from all sides. I counted at least 10-11 in the last group alone, added to the 12-14 already there. Oh, we are all gonna die! Spun around in circles shooting when I could and trying to avoid being hit, but alas, eventually, after several minutes, I bit the dust! No idea what happened to my 3 wingies.

heh, you lost everything you could there with that last burst! I could have sworn I saw a pair of underwear blow off just after your 3 wings did! lol!

Yeah, these flyers are better than the campaigns...they MUST be aces. Winder/Pol/anyone? Gotta be aces cause they fly like Richtofen....just before I blew his wings off that is. blink.gif

If you learn to handle the extreme instant reactions of the Dr.1, you will have the

most lethal turn fighting weapon available here.

But in furballs like that, you can only die - better stay above next time.

If you learn to handle the extreme instant reactions of the Dr.1, you will have the

most lethal turn fighting weapon available here.

But in furballs like that, you can only die - better stay above next time.

I am learning. It is certainly an interesting kite to fly. I prefer the stability of the Sopwith Triplane, but the visibility and twin guns of the Fokker DR 1 are very nice as well. I'm off to work now but later I will post an epic 12 v 12 dogfight I had last night. It started fast and furious and I knocked 4 Camels out of the sky, but in the end I was damaged and surrounded by three Camels. They must have been damaged as well since they were not flying or turning fast either. It was a grim game of low altitude turning while trying not to crash. Almost a bar fight! Once I ran out of ammo I just landed her. It took so long that FRAPS had to record it in three separate videos. The beginning fights are absolutely thrilling and the last few minutes were a grim will just to live.

Hellshade

...later I will post an epic 12 v 12 dogfight I had last night. It started fast and furious and I knocked 4 Camels out of the sky

Sounds great

I love these vids