Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Forum Skin Bug Reports

If you see anything concerning the forum skin(s) that are out of the ordinary, please post them here. There may be a few colors that are not correct, or images that don't display will on a particular background color. I'm tried to cross check as many things as I could while working on several skins at the same time, so I wouldn't be suprised if there's a bug or two, but overall I hope you enjoy it.

Mike

Hi Fates,

Thanks to you and all the team for updating CA.

Love your new themes, especially the dark one (easy on my old eyes).

But, on dark theme, I am getting an error in the text settings. In the TW forums, under KB heading, all the text for the subheads of the forum scrolls right across the page, over the other boxes. Looks like some sort of text alignment error or something?

Cheers,

Baltika

PS the error only occurs on the main CA forum index. If I go to the TW forum list, the problem disappears.

Edited by Baltika

Link me, attach an image, and give me some more info. Browser?

I'm fairly certain that this may be something local on your end.

Link me, attach an image, and give me some more info. Browser?

I'm fairly certain that this may be something local on your end.

Hi,

Here's the link:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php/index

I'm running IE6 on WinXP, fully updated. Not sure how to take a screenshot of the forum page but I'll try to work it out.

The problematic entry is under the heading "Thirdwire - WoE/WoI/WoV/SF 1&2 - Knowledge Base"

The text which reads "For those new to Thirdwire sims (including Strike Fighters/Wings over Vietnam/Wings over Europe/Wings over Israel/First Eagles" runs right across the page into the next box, over-writing other text. I note, the box for that text only has one line at the edge, and not two like all the others.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

No issues with IE8 or Firefox 3.5.2 for me. You may want to update your IE6 to IE7 or 8.....but many here would say skip that and just get Firefox, you won't be dissapointed. IE 6 is almost a DECADE old and Microshaft plans to end support for it in 2010, but trust me...they have already.

Here's the image that I'm seeing in 1400x1050 resolution, and with the window shrunk down considerably (inset). The text should wrap to the next line as seen in the pic.

issue.jpg

M

Cool, thanks for looking at it.

I know you guys have been doing some major updates recently. Just wondering if the forum skins will be making an reappearance in due timecool.gif

CA Classic messes up the forums for me.

I know you guys are working and Clean Cut works fine and looks nice enough but I thought you guys would like to know about that.

OS is Win7

Browser is Opera:

Version

Build

Hope it helps...

All issues should be resolved with the forum skin. I'll be making the necessary updates to all skins in the next few days. Until then I've removed the skins with issues which is all but one, CA Classic. Standby more updates to come. Have you seen some of the cool new stuff?

E

Erik

I clicked on a couple download links and a screen with this came up..

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_26/skin_downloads.php on line 1075

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_26/skin_downloads.php on line 1297

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_downloads_26::quickReplyBox() in /var/www/vhosts/combatace.com/httpdocs/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_26/skin_downloads.php on line 1309

Dave this is a skin related issue. I've removed those skins for now until I can get this skin into a release master then I'll port those edits to the other skins. Can you confirm this does not happen now in the classic skin?

P.S. If you'd like to change the SF2 cats around in the download manager. Feel free. I'm sure it won't be a problem as long as we retain the same settings as the other categories. I'm sure you know the drill, let me know if I can help.

E