• Announcements

• Erik

26 September - Maintenance Notification   09/21/2024

CombatACE.com will be offline this upcoming Thursday morning, September 26, 2024. The duration of this event will be 4-5 hours. Our website will be unavailable and return an error during that time. Maintenance of our equipment is unavoidable, and this downtime will allow the opportunity to replace worn and damaged fans, power supply units, and thermal paste throughout all our equipment. Thank you for reading our maintenance advisory.
Sign in to follow this  

I think I have been bit by the bug that wants another thirdwire game. I couldn't bring myself to buy WOV before since I thought I pretty much have the best of both worlds just getting WOE and downloading all the Vietnam Era aircraft. Not the case I guess.

I'd like to have the Vietnam campaign and the ability to launch from carriers.

Are there any tips for merged installs between WOV and WOE? I have WOE already patched to 10/2008. I plan on doing a separate WOV install and then WOE right over it. Do I install to the same folders for this to work? Also, I have aircraft that are already found in WOV like the F-4B and F-4J. Do I just transfer my skins from the old ones I have to the WOV versions?

Any comments on this will be great. I look forward to this mini project. Thanks! good.gif

If you want YAP2 get WOV

If you bother getting WOV I would recommend a separate install with the older games - SF2V is able to handle the mixing of jets used by countries better

However I would recommend SF2:Vietnam instead for....all the bits discussed in previous threads.

The SF2 series is the way to go... and has been since December 2008! If you can afford to, get SF2 and then get SF2V - it'll merge automatically and the expanded planeset is a great feature. Thinking long-term then, perhaps, get one per month and get SF2, SF2V, SF2E and then possibly SF2I (it'll be out by then - but how this will work in a merged install is a bit unclear).

I'd say MB and Spinners are right on. The SF2 series is amazing. I have SF2 and SF2E (haven't gotten V yet) and I have to say the improvements are quite noticable. The only reason I keep the first series on my computer right now is because every once in a while my friend and I will LAN it. If you're really into online play, you'll be a bit outta luck with the 2-series though. If not, definately go with the 2-series.